GC's 2022 Road Trip

I’m heading west this evening on a month long road trip, visiting several states and National Parks… if there’s any interest i’ll share pics here occasionally.

1st leg of the run will be from home in the Philadelphia suburbs attempting to reach Kansas City late saturday afternoon. Roughly 1,150 miles… i’m due in Montana this coming tuesday.

Anyone have a tip on a secure motel along I-70 in the KC area, as well as a decent place for a BBQ dinner?

Wish me luck!

34 Likes

Sounds like a bunch of fun!

Yes! Please post pics.

Enjoy your trip and be safe!

roadtrip

6 Likes

Enjoy your journey
Paps

4 Likes

Arthur Bryant’s in KC is good BBQ.

3 Likes

Have a safe trip.
I would love to see pics of your adventures. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I love travel pics! Son and family just got back from Zion/Antelope Canyon. They took a drone… whole different perspective on the slide shows… just can’t fly them in Nat’l Parks.

3 Likes

Cool… updates as I can!

About to pull out now… see ya!

6 Likes

Arrived in West Yellowstone this afternoon, the south entrance is closed till Friday the 13… I was told it was open.

Talking to the Ranger the west entrance may also be temporarily closed this afternoon so we hit a hotel again tonight.

A few hour drive through the park and to the house tomorrow.

I’ll catch up soon with some pics.

Current conditions…

7 Likes

Arrived in Paradise Valley around noon, long rough drive but it’s never easy with snow in the Rockie’s.

Family arrives at Bozeman International just before noon tomorrow. 10 more days at the house here.

Time to unwind and relax, dinner and drinks at Chico Hot Springs saloon tonight.

60 years old and had my first legal doobie (my own) in Colorado on Sunday… and again here today.

What ya can’t see in the pic I don’t think is the snowcapped mountains and the Yellowstone River out the window. I’ll dump some more pics from the drive out when I feel like it… :wink:

8 Likes

Oh, just take your sweet time… it’s not like we’re jonesin’ for cool pics of places we’ve never been, lol!

1 Like

Can ya tell your relatives to stop staring at the out of towers when I drive by… jeez.

Here’s the house… it doesn’t suck. That fireplace… it’s got its own friggin remote. And my old ass ain’t gotta cut, split, carry or clean up.

Family flies in tomorrow… my peace and quiet is short lived!

8 Likes

They just want a little scratch behind the ears, and a carrot, lol!

Is that place down below the river?

2 Likes

Here is the listing Horse…

Check out this Vrbo rental:

The river is about 100’ from the deck on a level lot… two reasons why we booked it.

Lots of pics from the drive out hete on my daughter’s phone, I’ll transfer to mine so I can post more scenic stuff soon. Keep in mind the next 10 days with family will be busier for me. But damn it’s beautiful in this valley…

7 Likes

Very nice, plenty of grazing room, lol! I hope you brought your fly rods!

2 Likes

Fly and spinning gear.

We were barely unpacked from fam’s carry on’s and grocery shopping before he and my middle daughter went down the road to get their non resident licenses. Their out there now…

It was a good day personally. My first visit to a dispensary and I got to meet the legend… SkunkVA. Scored some real deal Chemdog, crossover chem, headband and an apple fritter pre roll.

I mentioned I came out with Tony’s RIL, he said that his work looked killer. Skunk mentioned that @Tonygreen had sent him some gear. I’d love to be a tester on that collaboration!

Rain forecast for tomorrow but I’m sure we will be heading into the park anyway, should have some good pics for yall tomorrow.

Oh, he was nice enough to sign a shirt for me, now I have signed t’s from two of the Chem family.

15 Likes

You love those cherokees.lol

1 Like

Productive day in the Lamar Valley yesterday.

The most desirable sightings happened, Grizzly and wolves.

Black bear, Moose, Bison, Elk, Mule deer, Mountain goats, Antelope, and an eagle flying over the river just now. Iv never seen all the desirable wildlife on a western trip before, and have never seen a Grizzly.

The time in Yellowstone is proving fruitful… and we have another week here yet. Tomorrow will be a long day. Teton National Park, then up into Tellowstone again. It’s tough to plan a route… with closures each day to certain roads due to weather.

Better pics on the camera that I’ll post later.

11 Likes

Keep 'em coming! Oldest lived in Lolo for a while, but we never made it out there :frowning: Pics are the closest we got, lol!

4 Likes

Aw man tell skunk va what’s up. I drove to necann to meet him and JJnyc in person to pitch a collabo.
He didn’t yes or no but I gave him a tube of RIL fems and said if he finds one he likes hmu, let’s work ha!

4 Likes

I won’t be seeing him again, his hours don’t correspond with my next trip to Bozeman to drop off the girls for their return flight. Perhaps I can drop a sample for him in his box… the RIL I grew is outstanding.

I’ll be heading south to Utah after the airport.

He did mention he’s coming out east soon, you’ll have another chance! But I want on that tester list bro… :wink:

2 Likes