Genotype hunting for tent SoG

I have just popped a pack of BOG Sour Bubble to try to find a single cola genotype that is best for Sea of Green.

There are a few different packs in the fridge that I would also Like to check out but all of this is going to take years to get some mothers that like to grow single colas from clone.

So this thread is really about a question… What is the best and or fastest way to get this done?

The seeds have their heads up and the plan is to grow them all large enough to take a clone of each and flower the clones and start the cull of mothers within the month seeing what genotypes arise and of course males can be removed too.

Should I just flower from seed or seedling and just reveg the good ones to speed up the process?

Happy days :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The mothers and clones

4 Likes

Hi :slight_smile: that would be great to Have genotype that grows the Best one single Cola for SOG :slight_smile: I would definetly start with 12/12 cycle from seed. After you see First pistils or balls, I would take cuts and reveg them like normal.

Keep growing! :muscle:

3 Likes

Sour Bubble did not do well in SOGs when I grew some packs a few years ago.

If you are looking for a good SOG strain I’d suggest look elsewhere.

The potency of some Sour Bubble phenos is PHENOMENAL, but it is low yielding.

That’s why I would suggest that only have it if you can veg it for a long time, it is not a SOG strain.

2 Likes

@v1ru5 Sour Bubble is only one of the strains I want to interview but i have read up on every grow diary and report I could find on it and alot of growers said that they had one or two single cola types that was lowest yeilding but best potency.

how many grams did you get per plant of SB in your SOG ?

2 Likes

Hey there @bogseeds do you have any take one this?

1 Like

I ran it twice, on soil first and then some cuts in hydro.

The hydro one was 7 plants and I got 50g total out of that - under 600w HPS.

1 Like

Phoenix grew SOG with his chosen SB pheno and got huge yields. SB wouldn’t be the quickest vegging choice however.

I would say don’t presex or force into flower too early or abruptly. Ever hear of the interim flowering period of 15/7? Just five days between 18/6 and 12/12 will help yields. It reduces light stress and I am getting 75% females out of my seeds the last three seed tests. SB, Strawberry and my Sour Grape…

Do u think m/f ratios are affected by enviornment? I don’t do anything special to feminize but this does seem to me to be a repeatable experiment and I just did it three times. Care to check m/f ratios using reduced stress light regime I mentioned? I mean some say you can tell a Seeds sex by the look. Is it environmental more than I thought? Bog

7 Likes

@BogSeeds

Those I mentioned above were the BX3’s, the ones you sent to me for my birthday!

Thanks once again for them, it was the most potent strain to date that I’ve grown.

It was so potent I didn’t give to any of my friends because then the rest of the stuff I grew would have felt terribly low potency for them in comparison! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks @BogSeeds, as usual with only two paragraphs and am full of new thoughts! Respect Master Jedi.

2 Likes