German 1st time grower / Legal since april

He from Germany,

we are a lil late to the party but it finally happened we are allowed to grow 3 plants per every 18+ resident in the house

so not it begins:
1st setup was a spiderfarmer pre build kit PRE-ORDER (Vorverkauf)丨2024 Spider Farmer® Neuestes Upgrade Anfänger SF2000 EVO Samsung LED 120x60 Grow Box Komplettset mit Temperatur- und Feuchtigkeitsregler - Spider Farmer EU

a friend already used the setup and was verry happy so i ordered one after a lil research

the SF2000 perform verry good so far,

my only problem in the beginning was the WATERING, im a IT guy and im used to find a # Number to my problem but nowhere on the whole net there is a fix chat which tells u day X = Y Liter Water, and now i know why - so many variables, soil or cocos, how big is the plant, humidity, temp. etc etc.

so i started trying a little at the beginning i was still verry scared and watered with a little spray can - took forever, now im getting a better feeling for how to do stuff and im verry happy with the results so far.

Tomorrow my 2nd setup should arrive where i bought the parts individually -
Secret Jardin Dark Street 150W - 150x77x200cm
VIPARSPECTRA XS2000 - 220W - 2023 UPGRADE
Secret Jardin DF16 EC Extractor T° 150/250/350m3/h

so if u happen to stumble upon this post pls feel free to give tipps and tricks or advice =)

happy 420 everyone

33 Likes

Welcome. You are missing the fun part – what strains are you growing? :smirk:

4 Likes

Welcome @Sn0opY . :rainbow:

2 Likes

Welcome to OG Brotha!

Don’t forget to check out the free seeds/trading threads!

If you’re able to return this i’d reccomend a kingbrite 320W that’s the same priced shipped.

1 Like

Congratulations on your new life.
You will enjoy growing your own herb. :fire:

5 Likes

Hello and welcome Freund! Congratulations for “legalization”, as a dutchy I am quite jealous of your new laws, but hey, maybe one day :smile: ! It was very funny to see all the seed shops being overloaded with Germans on the day of legalization, I couldn’t even load the Royal Queen Seeds site that day lol!

Good luck on your grow!

9 Likes

Welcome and good growing.

Smib

1 Like

welcome aboard,Sn0opY…viel erfolg!

3 Likes

Welcome bro, happy growing.

Have a good time here.

Best wishes

3 Likes

wow thank you guys =)

god i was so hyped i missed the seeds part ^^

it was a lil chaos as u could imagine - tent and setup arrievd before seeds so i started with a Blue dream non auto “bag-seed” and a few days later my 1st order of RQS autos arrived (for 1st grow/starters) - i went with 3 royal jack auto - 1 took a lil too long to sproud, so i made a new one of royal jack; after that i gifted some seeds as Bday present to some friend and im doint the early days for his Zamnesia Runts x2 as well / for my 2nd setup i started a royal runtz and 1 pink runtz

im using the overgrown app to keep track and was really surprised to find such an active forum hidden in this lil app =) great community

for the new light i might have a solution - a friend wanted this exact pack i think im gonna try the light and might order the KingBrite 240W for him

thx again

2nd seed order:

my only non auto (rnd bag seed)

the “big one”

and thats the same seed but i ripped this ones roots on the 1st repotting… genius

happy family

im so surprised 4 seeds of the same thing in the same thent can do 4x different things the 1 exploded nearly kissing the lamp, the 1 i ripped the roots was nearly dead after but i managed to bring her back quite well and the 2x small ones - i dont know
only thing i can think of … i started with 24/0 light and after a friend mentioned that my non auto is burning in hell like that i dropped to 18/6 - guess thats when the autos all started blooming regardless of the 2 small ones being 1 week or more behind the big ones

14 Likes

oh and for the seed trading “legally” we are only allowed to ship seeds from EU
so no US seeds … unless u ship em to austria which is next to us (duh) and then the friend in Austria sends it to germany (lol laws…)

but i work for the customs and 90% dont give a fuck - i started smoken on my 1st week there and thats 15y ago - never had a problem (god thx)

5 Likes

What is your job?

Hope you are not from the ACAB family.

@Sn0opY if you are IT/software guy, and want to automate your plant watering… you could try my Potnanny software. Runs on a cheap raspberry pi, interfaces with Bluetooth devices. Like Govee power outlets, and Xiaomi Soil Sensors, to set up an auto waterer.

Auch, Ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch

2 Likes

Nice plants, nice setup! And yeah even with plants of the same strain you will still notice massive differences in its phenotype when growing from seed.

I had 4 Euforia Autos, of which 1 expressed as a fast indica dominant plant, one traditional “hybrid” plant with Christmas tree structure and both a fast and a very slow flowering sativa dominant plant, of which the fast one is like a White Widow with the frost, and the slow one is showing purple pistils… Super interesting.

One thing you can do to limit the height of your biggest plants is to buy some bending clips, or if you have the fabric pots there are Velcro strips that are amazing for quickly bending and fixing branches to the pot. If you wanna learn more about this just google Low Stress Training!

Cheers,
eS🍹

1 Like

And @Sn0opY please let us know how the Tropicana Poison is doing for you, I’ve been eyeing that strain as well but got distracted with other 420 offers :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations :tada: Your plants look fantastic

Welcome to OG @Sn0opY great to have you here mate, and congratulations on your new found freedom​:+1::green_heart:

200w is kinda bare minimum for flowering in that tent. Bump it up to 300w and watch the baseball bats you pull in!

1 Like

he thx for the input

i did google and watch videos - we also have some friends who didnt take the whole legalize thing too serious and grow for years now - im just too much of of p***y on my 1st grow to do crazy things ^^

thats for the next tent, already got clips, benders, velcro strips etc etc. god i spent waaay toooo much

humidyfyer / AC control for the room / dehumidifyer / temp setup, hp / ec water setup , fabric pots en mass in every volume - laser temp, biobizz complete

but ye might have to step up the light or get a 2nd one in

1 Like

since i dont pay for electricity extra (just a fixed fee) ill try to stay a lil on the low side :stuck_out_tongue: dont want the other ppl here to notice my power goes 3x and check the price contracts from years ago :wink:

other good thing is all my frinds are a lil slow and saving for a setup - so im 90% sure i could sell my lights etc pretty quick - everything is SOLD OUT here :smiley:

2 Likes