Gettin' stiicky and stankin' up the 'hood

Heya friends.

I thought I’d join in for a bit and share some pics of my outdoor grow.

After 25 years indoors before legality hit…this is my 10th season outdoors. I’m at 7100ft msl so the season is short…June 1 until it snows/etc. As a result…I zone in on the 53-63 day cultivars for the most part…but a few longer flowering girls often wanna play. I’ve historically grown solely from seed but this season I ventured into the clone realm as well.

I generally grow in fabric pots. I don’t grow in ground here because the soil is super sandy and over 8pH. On top of that, some years see weather challenges…like in 2019 when we had 18" of snow Sept 9th and I had to cart 18 plants in 30 gallon smart pots into the garage and move them in/out into the sun for another 3 weeks. Not fun.

This year we are golden. Really warm/ElNina~ shit. No frost yet. Highs 70-80. Perfection.
My guess is that I’m about 55 days into flower on most cultivars with a few hanging in the 45 day range with a bit of time to go. I have a few pics I took a few days ago but will update with more as things progress.

“Enke’s Realm” from Trichome Orchards in Canada. Dantes Inferno (Oreoz x Devil Driver) x Specimen X No.8 (Grape candy pheno) (Project 4516 x Devil Driver) *From seed

“Smackers” from Esos Seeds. (Black Grape Dum Dum x Las Vegas Triangle Kush) I have 2 of these. This one seems to be a BGDD leaner. Faster. Chunkier. Nuggy. The other appears to be more on the LVTK side. A bit slower…and stacking/building colas hard. From seed

I’ll get more pics up soon. If you have anything you wanna share or yak about…feel free to do so. I’ll try to keep this going as long as I can but @ some point Mom Nature is gonna end it all for me. Still on the fence about a Winter/indoor grow. With the ladies outside and the big shit the market took after legality hit…I don’t need to weed so it’s kinda hard to find the momentum for a perpetual gig when it’s so much work to pull off in an unheated garage with no plumbing. After growing outside…the tent grows are…um…limiting to say the least.

Thanks for stopping in!

33 Likes

Looking great! Good job!

Your pics make me want to try both of those strains! lol

5 Likes

Hey bud, found your way around finally! Me too… looking awesome,when I get back online wanted to see what you do for teas since your done with bottle nutes and megacrap products. I want to simplify things.

1 Like

Thanks for the post @Dboybudz . Yeah…I figured I’d play a bit…

I still have a few bottles I like…but I try to minimize where I can because you can really go through that shit with a hoop full of thirsty/hungry girls. This season I’ve been using the Build a Soil Craft Blend mix as the base and dropping a few things into the mix as needed.

Gettin’ there. Weather is niceAF. Warm/dry.

My lone Hella Jelly. Lotsa problems to get her to this point but I made it. Never had such a shitty germ with seeds as these. Even the replacement pack sucked! I got TWO plants out of 22 seeds and one of those died in infancy. This lone plant had fasciation on the main stem. Fortunately the other 3 stems did not…so here we are. Still one of my fav plants…so I’m gonna try again next year to get something going and S-1 the fuck out of her to end the madness of buying $120 packs that suck balls.

2 Likes

Yea I been looking at triangle seeds 200 bucks for seven from bodhi. I want to try these purple Kush from herbies for pest resistance and Afghani Kush for mold resistant strains. 48 bucks for 3 seeds but at least fems. There are tons of giveaways here for some crazy strains you would do em justice. If I win anything I’ll share if you want to try any that sounds interesting.

Heyo sticky green,
Thanks for sharing your journey in some challenging conditions. How are you planning to self them, will you make to cuts for crossing and herm one? How do you herm?

Cheers :wink:

2 Likes

I thought about you when I saw @JohnnyPotseed offering some autos (and so much more…WOW) That’s where I’d head if I had the humidity/etc. issues late in flower/Summer/Fall. Get those bitches done early while it’s still hot/drier…hopefully.

I have a bucket full of seeds if you want anything. Mostly fems. Probably all keepers cus I didn’t find any in the packs. LOL. Shit is so all-over-the-board these days that for me/my tastes anyway…it’s hard to find those special girls. That’s one reason I’m trying a few of the the Colorado Sativas offerings that are closer to landrace…like the old days. Folks just keep breeding to see FROST but the highs are suffering…at least for us old dinosaurs who remember the past and some of the crazy highs you’d stumble onto occasionally.

Esos Seeds “Smackers”. (Black Grape Dum Dum x Las Vegas Triangle Kush (Cannaventure). This one, I believe, is a more LVTK leaner. Slower…and stacking up the stem rather than nugging out like her sis is doing.

2 Likes

Yes. Grow the plant(s)…take cuts…use “STS” (silver thiosulfate) to reverse a female cut to a male and then do the deed on a series of other cuts from the same plant. This would offer seeds that are fairly close to the “mom”…‘er…dad…er…yeah. My goal is to have a BUNCH of seeds so germ rates/etc. aren’t an (expensive) issue anymore. It gets old to hear YOU likely fucked things up with someone’s (PRICEY) seeds when you popped a bevy of OTHER seeds at the same time that sported 100% germ rates. I’m gettin’ too old for that shit anymore. :grin:

2 Likes

Yea when you posted you were growing triangle I was like nice genetics. Dankmasters stuff is what you would really like I think. He’s all about old school genetics and terps. He’s got two really interesting, pressure skunk,like old school road kill. Then the crippy x cross that taste like straight pine needles. Have to watch his video of himself testing if his cross was ready. Dude can’t move or talk,lol. It’s over on his thread.

1 Like

Thats rad, thanks for explaining, I knew STS was involved, (sounded like chemical vodoo at first, bit scary haha). Is it very safe to use? You still got any of the old hippy era seeds, got some from a friends aunt in germany and was absolutely flabbergasted. Barely frosty but the most enjoyable high in ages. Sadly couldnt keep any seeds although there were plenty from the harvest :frowning:

2 Likes

I’ve grown the straight up LVTK from Rusty @ Cannaventure and found some nice plants. I grew this cross hopin for some grape terps but it’s all just dank AF and I’m not getting a straight up hit of grape out of either one. The tall one pictured above may have a lemon side to it. We will see. Not my fav taste cus I simply burned out on it in the "OG Kush " days where every damn plant tasted like lemon/lemon pledge. I did the same thing with the “Chem D” cut after 5-6 years of growing it for the masses. :rofl: Now I’m trying to burn out on fruity stuff. Not happpening though. Just too many flavors.

Octane Mint Sorbet

2 Likes

That’s so funny I was just saying other day I’m so sick of that lemon/pledge taste. Everything I been smoking has that hint of lemon that’s why I grew bobs because it’s lime. Literally smells like strong lime and candy like.

I grew a few of those out. I got lime’ish terps but nothing as strong as I was hoping for. That’s not unusual though…I’ve only had a handful of strains in 30+years that ticked all of the boxes >>hard<<. As always, I just didn’t find the keeper in my first pop of 3. :confounded:

Such is why I branched out and brought in some clones this year. Kinda figured it was worth the risk…especially outside/in a non-perpetual scenario. So far…so good on most cuts. There’s some good terps in there…and I figure if something stands out…it’s easy to get it again/etc. I’ve spent THOUSANDS on seed packs…and yeah…there are good/frosty plants in the mix…but last year’s garden…45 strong…showed me that the ratios are piss poor for really tasty cultivars in most of this modern day fare. For me anyway. YMMV.

I have “high” hopes that these Lao Madre/Queen Mother plants from Co Sativas may play out. The terps on some are CRAZY…talk about lime’ish/weird/stankky boo boo. If it transfers to taste and the high is there…I’ll be doing some big ass plants of this next year. I’ll get some current pics today. They are wayyyyy behind everything else cus I started em later (June 1 outside) ala natural and are budding sticks cus this was just a look-see…but so far…looking good.

1 Like

Blueberry Muffin

1 Like

Sugar Assassin-Mother: Sugar B (White Truffle x Specimen X No.8 Grape candy pheno)
Reversal: Chimera #3 - Beleaf cut
Top shot

1 Like

Really wild color in her,that red stands out. :drooling_face:

Back in the day you got rid of/cleaned a lot of seeds out of your weed…lotsa seeds…just to smoke a “reefer”. It was all shake…and seeds. Oh…and little honeycomb insect things and other stuff… Nobody was growing pot then. I grew my first plants in 74 but had no clue they budded/would eventually bud…and we cut em down before they were done. LOL. Second attempt was in '81…some Afghani. Got 2 plants to grow in my yard…in suburbia…long before it was OK to do so. My 80 year old neighbor asked me what it was…so I told him. I also told him I could go to jail for it. He just said “I won’t tell anyone”…and then I look out and see him watering em a few days later…LOL.

Wow that was some good hash…

2 Likes

Chopped Bruce banner yesterday what had us perplexed was the brown rotten calaxes that showed month or more from being done. Never saw before and others are fine. Tons of rot tho,just way to dense dew takes till noon or better to dry. Buds look great otherwise really fruity like bubblegum kinda.

2 Likes

Yup on fruity flavors.I’m not no where done. I’ve been thinking about this strain I’d buy 25 years ago called Jerry Berry was something I’ll never forget like the old Northern lights we had. The berry tastes was so strong in a joint or bowl I’d smoke it even if did nothing to me just from taste, can’t imagine if I made Bubble or pressed it. Wasn’t our thing back when.

1 Like

Do I see a german bottle label here? If so congrats on the first legal grow hehe, looks like some beasty girls you got there!

1 Like