Getting back into growing after 10+ years

This is my first indoor grow in over 10 years. My last setup was significantly bigger taking up an entire bedroom and closet with over 60 plants. My success back then was mixed and I ended up selling all my grow equipment when I moved out of the state.
This past April I decided to throw some bag seeds into a raised bed I have in my backyard just to see what would happen. I plan on doing a post about that in the outdoor growing category soon. I just harvested that grow a couple of weeks ago and that process had me catch the growing bug again.

About 4 weeks ago, August 28thish, I popped some seeds I had ordered a couple months prior from Seed Supreme. I ordered 4 feminized Purple Urkle seeds and they threw in 4 free feminized Runtz seeds. I popped 2 of each strain and this is the start of my grow diary for these gals. I have already topped them once when they had 5 nodes and my intention for these plants are to eventually become mothers. At least until I get a few grows in and decide whether or not I like these particular strains. I hope to get a couple of small scale indoor grows under the belt before next spring rolls around and I go for a much larger setup outdoors.

My setup currently is in a bedroom closet with just 2 harbor freight plant LED strips for the seedlings, using Pro-mix organic garden mix with a little extra perlite added. Feeding with a generic A-B fertilizer but I plan to switch to a 3 part fertilizer here soon. Probably just GH brand but haven’t decided yet. Any budget friendly recommendations would be appreciated. I do have a tent and larger light on my shopping list for the next things I need to purchase and that will come soon.

Here are photos of them at 4 weeks old. I did wait too long to transplant them into these jiffy pots and they definitely got stunted in growth a bit but have bounced back since then. Will keep this updated every week or 2 with progress pics. I’m excited to get back into it. Lots of cobwebs to dust off but this has been a lot of fun and very therapeutic. Also my first time on overgrow. A friend of mine recommended this place and had a lot of good things to say. Looking forward to sharing my experience and learning from everyone here!

13 Likes

Welcome to OG! Good luck with this run. Pulling up a chair.

3 Likes

Thanks bro! I’ll be looking to you for a lot of advice in the coming months. I appreciate you

1 Like