Getting back to my roots Octopot run finally on!

I think using the R O water and not enough cal mag through this off is my thinking. I’m using a Optic 4 and it’s about 20 something inches away as we speak.

AH, now it comes out RO WATER!!! Kinda changes the game a bit.

I do not use RO water, nor even filter it for that matter. I never PH up or down either, not needed .

The RO changes things…must refer back to @HaRdRoC for that one.

ROCK…does he need to add in Calmag to the 1/4 Jacks when using ZERO water???

Bet you will have to. Lets see what Roc says

2 Likes

I use tap water, but for RO, I would have to say yes, but don’t know how much or how often. I don’t use it, just ph my tap water to 6.5 and add Jack’s

1 Like

YES it did! I did not know you were using RO water!

1 Like

My water is extremely low as good as ro , I use calmag in my mix , I bring my water up to 0.5 ec with it , using my meter befor I add my nutes , and I keep an eye out for any symptoms and raise the calmag ec if I see any , remember most calmag has n in it so take this into consideration when looking at npk ratios for final mix

3 Likes

Yes my wife works for a water purification company and got it for free but I didn’t know it was this difficult. I’ve been researching and what I found today that when using RO water you must use 5ml per gallon to make sure you replace the minerals lost.

2 Likes

And this is why we’re here, to learn from each other

2 Likes

A LESSON 4 YOU!!! When peps ask your setup, you must include the water too. Makes sense now, a slow but steady underfeeding of CAL/Mag that took what, 6-7 weeks to show up???

WAIT till Roc answers, then use his reco amount of it with the straight up Jacks 10/30/20. Your not gonna need too much. Maybe like ifish says, but wait for Roc to chime in. Think he is using RO water also.

When I run out of my bloom nutes, end of this run, I shall go to Jack’s also, for flower I mean. Nothing will beat the TVF in my opinion. If it is not broken, do not fix it, lol. I will crunch numbers with Jacks NPK values and see which ones I will want.

I will not stay with just one NPK value, I want to be able to adjust it with 2 or 3 part nute system.

2 Likes

Thanks again learned more today then I have in a while.

1 Like

Anybody do anything with buildasoil?

@Jetdro I mentioned about the R0 water on the other site but ok got it! Thanks

2 Likes

Then my suggestion is this:

1. Since I never use CAL/MAG and do not know the rate to advise you…

GO TO TAP WATER. Run straight tap water(that has sat out for 24 hours removing chlorine from it) and the Jacks At 1/4 spoon per. If you must, but I would not, ph your water , then add the Jacks.

IF you wat to use the RO, go ahead, but now you will have to dig around on the net to find out at what rate to use it, will not be hard to figure out. Start low, you can always work up

2 Likes

Gotcha thanks @jetdro will keep you posted!

2 Likes

You got this mang!!!

1 Like

So should I empty the reservoir with the GOE in it and use straight ph water then add the Jacks!

Might as well as your other nutes aren’t up to par, if you figure out what water you’re going to use and if cal mag or not.
What’s the ph of your res? Didn’t know you were using a res either… my guess is any problems you’re having are ph related

Ok ok and Yes I’m using a octopot and the ph is 5.5- 6. Thanks

1 Like

Not seeing a PH issue, never have in these pots in 5 years or more.

Drain the rez, use Jacks at 1/4 per. If tap water no CALMAG, if RO water add in CALMAG.

1 Like

@Stewsgreenthumb jet & fish will not steer you wrong my grow has improved greatly I was over feeding aNd my plants didn’t fade at all way too green and even though the Octopots on there own improved my yield the plants showed signs of stress
And the buds were not quite what they should be
Since I’ve been checking ppm and following there advice( on feed schedule) my buds look fatter and are denser then last grow
Good luck
Paps

4 Likes

Day 59 Bud shots: Come on ladies, get any fatter you will break all your stems, lol

Amnesia Haze getting PHAT!!!

RPP x Chemdog making beautiful long hard Buds

RPP also

Razor says stand back and hold my beer…lol

15 Likes