Getting back to my roots Octopot run finally on!

Looking great! So are you using Megacrop? I got really pissed at it during some of my auto grows this year and threw it out. Always get some weird deficiency with it. Ended up finishing flower with some cheap ass 0-10-10 fish fert that did better than that crap.

3 Likes

Works great! Pop ups blocked

1 Like

Mega Crap??? Oh hell to the NO!!! Did you not see me get flamed in their thread ??? Never have never will use it.
Not gonna even go back to that thread and explain anything. The lemmings can follow them off the cliff, leaves a better view for the rest of us. LOL!!!

I am 150 % happy with my veg formula, never changing it, but been doing some testing with flower nutes, trying to find exactly what I want. This round is really close, but not exactly what want. Next 2 rounds I will figure out where I want t be. This round was a 100% improvement over last round, so I KNOW Im going in the right direction.

8 Likes

Nothing fucked up my soil grows more than messing with my ph and my tap water is super acidic 5.4. Since I stopped messing with it, the soil does it itself. Now I just fill a 5 gallon bucket with water and let it sit to evap the chlorine. Never had a problem since. Most folks think you have to mess with it. I say hell no unless you are in something besides dirt. lol

3 Likes

What nutes are you trying now? Next year I think Iā€™ll try Jackā€™s for my containers. My dang internet is down. Every time I post with my phone the autocorrect incorrectly changes shit. Iā€™ve had to edit every damn post.

3 Likes

I think nothing is better for veg than Texas Vegetable Food at 1 tea per gallon. Not changing it, but going to try Jacks myself my next run, for early, mid, and late flower. I use their GOE for flower now, but have been changing it up by mixing in different stuff to change the NPK ratios a bit. The TVF is so good and complete, it sets the plant up for flower well, and in soil like I run, by the time I cut it off, week 2.5 of flower, the soil and plant has stored enough from it that I need not worry bout micro/macro nutes and their issues. Their Garden of Eden (GOE) is a great food too, but I have found that increasing the P and K %'sā€¦not the PPM level, but the percentage compared to N, the plant really responds well! Less N, more P and K and the difference is night/day, and I mean night and day! So the GOE does not favor itself well to mixing because of its npk numbers, The Jacks will work fine because it is a full nute(and even if it was not the TVF has me covered though flower) and I can buy it cheap, in powder, at great strength levels, and at all different NPK values! I can buy 2 or maybe even 3 small bags to ā€œmixā€ and achieve exactly what I want with my NPK percentages in flower.
So I could have TVF all veg and into week 2.5 of flower. Then switch to a Jackā€™s mix at 1/2/2 or 1/2/3 for mid flower, then go 1/3/3 or 1/4/4 or 1/5/10 mid to late.
Changing from a 1:1 Ratio of N to P and K makes a 100% difference in Bud density, size, and weight. Going to a ratio of 1 for N 2 or 3 for P and 2 or 3 for K instead of a shit high level of N like MegaCrop, gives 50 % less leaf growth, 50 % more Bud growth, and a huge difference in weight of Bud. Watched it happen in front of my own eyes. Same plants, same lights, same rooms, just different PERCENTAGES of N P and K!!! SAME PPM LEVELS TOO! The % of the npk values are more important to the plant than the ppm level at which it is given, in my opinion. Being reasonable of course.

Cannot agree more , ph is a non issue in my pots with my feeds . Properly done and fed the soil and good nutes will sort themselves out . I leave my water out 2-3 days before use also.

4 Likes

Remember how epic the buds on my cbd plant were? That was with the cheap fish fert in bud. All my grows with megacrap had weird deficiencies and were flavorless. Donā€™t know what people that got good results with it did, but sure as shit didnā€™t work for me. Remind meā€¦ is that Texas stuff the tomato food? Iā€™m remembering something that you may have posted before. Oh, I used 0 nitrogen in flower last time. Didnā€™t even need it. Maybe thatā€™s why she was all bud. Practically trimmed herself

2 Likes

Isnā€™t that fish fertilizer have a lot of nitrogen in it? Iā€™ve got a bottle never thought to add it while flowering

2 Likes

I used Alaska fish fert. Itā€™s 0-10-10. I originally bought it for my regular flowers. I just got so pissed at megacrop, I said fuck it and tried it. Actually worked great. No deficiencies at all. I was pleasantly surprised

4 Likes

I have the same brand Iā€™ll give mine a drink next watering see how they like it

3 Likes

Honestly, thereā€™s a lot of simple ferts out there that are cheap and can give you a good grow Iā€™ve found without spending a fortune and no fancy to them

2 Likes

Let me know. My Charlotte cbd had the fattest buds of all my plants. Go figure. Forgot to mention itā€™s the morbloom one, not the other Alaska fert

I wasnā€™t too impressed with mega crop 1 feed is all my plants got and I noticed they yellowed right away

2 Likes

Mine kept getting these weird white almost striping on the leaves that I couldnā€™t identify. Pissed me off

2 Likes

Will do there due to get a water tomorrow morning if my 100 gal of ice cold well water warms up by then 47 deg f out of the tap

1 Like

Honestly I use a simple fish fert in veg as well. Like a 5-1-1. Tried all the expensive crap for cannabis and was unimpressed.

4 Likes

Shit, probably bring a bucket inside overnight. Iā€™m sure itā€™s warmer in the house. Brrrr

I would but need dam near 90 gals to give every one a 20 second water with a submersible pump and half inch hose lol

1 Like

I see. You have a forest going on. Lol

1 Like

No, made by same company, Urban farms but different formula. Called Texas Vegetable Food, the other is Texas Tomato Food. The TVF is for veg.

1 Like