Getting back to my roots Octopot run finally on!

I agree that MegaCrop is a very mediocre product for soilless container growing.
Very disappointed with version 1.0.
It does not help that their Rep displays stunningly unprofessional behavior in their
sponsored thread. His snarky and surly posts are simply incomprehensible.

Jack’s works substantially better on all of my plants in ProMix containers.

7 Likes

Plus he has NO CLUE about plant needs, reading from a prepared script.
Agree, even without using it, I do not want it.

2 Likes

@Jetdro I just received my ppm metter and said I was around 611 and this is with the recommendation of the cal mag and GOE.

1 Like

Very good ppm number, when I say I feed at 400-500 PPM I MEAN the PPM of nutes only, NOT including the base water. So, is that with tap or RO water. ???

@Jetdro That was with RO water I’m about to test my city water now.

1 Like

So my city water has 69 ppms and RO water has 14 ppms.

Screw the RO man, 69 is nothing, were it me I am straight tap water that has sat a day or 2 getting chlorine out.
Been playing around with the Jacks stuff, looks like I can make the ratios I want with just 2 parts. Still working on it, will post up in here what I decide upon.

4 Likes

Ok great I’m gonna let them stay in the GOE until you finish. Thanks again OG!

Yeah, your fine with the GOE, didnt you buy the Jacks 10/30/20??? IF YES, you may use it , 1/4 teaspoon per gallon. The ratio is 1/3/2 a very good ratio, better than GOE. You use TFV through the veg right??? IF you did, plants are set up, a switch to the 1/3/2 will get er done, lol.

I was using an organic soil at the time and got deficiencies instantly. It was weird, none then instantly with the megacrop. It’s sad the rep is such a shit. It could be a really good product if they would be open to more feedback, especially here as they have a large testing base. I definitely think they are on to something but it needs to be fine tuned.

2 Likes

Jacks is a better product, and have way more formulas too. I am working on a FLOWER feed done with Jacks for my next run. TVF will stay for veg, and by using 2 different Jacks products and mixing them, I hope to achieve 3 different flower feeds, 1/2/2, 1/3/3 , and 1 /2/5 for late flower.

5 Likes

You growing in soil @Stewsgreenthumb? If so try it with straight water for a week without ph adjust just for shots and giggles. Bet it will save you money and a headache

Edit: damn autocorrect… shits and giggles

Agree, he needs to stop jacking with the water. Straight tap, sit for a few days, then mix his feed, no PHing!

1 Like

Even overnight will evap enough chlorine

1 Like

Yes I used TTF they were big and beautiful. And yes I did buy the jacks!

1 Like

Then switch over to the Jacks, use 1/4 TEASPOON per gallon, nothing else, straight tap water that has sat out overnight. Do not ph it, just use it.

1 Like

Ok great thanks again @Jetdro

1 Like

Let me know when you come up with it as I’ll try it on my next run

2 Likes

@Jetdro so I used the jacks and tap water at 1/4 teaspoon and my ppms are at 200?

Really close to what the NPK calculator says too.

Gotta remember it is a constant feed. Your in week 7 of flower??? is that correct???
How much are they drinking per day from the rez???

Roc is running 1/4 per and his plants are doing fine. I would say you may go to 1/2 teaspoon BUT:

Hard to say without seeing them in person, knowing how much they are drinking, and how far along they are.

I AM TORN between telling you to go up another 1/4 per or just leave it.

Were it me, I would leave it for this fill up. Good complete mix, you used TVF during Veg you should be ok.
The big change in ratio should show a reaction soon.

Better to under than over. Like I said Roc is running at that strength and has good results so far , so I would tend to go that way .

1 Like