Getting slayed

First outdoor grow, things were going really well and then monsoons hit and bugs are outta control. Almost all my trichomes are gone. Ripped out a tomato plant and removed a bunch of nearby pots that were infested with all kinds of bullshit. I was trying to be cautious with spraying anything since I’m flowering, but it’s getting pretty damn desolate and/or desperate. Plz halp!! Pictures are from most recent to less recent (so the good trichomes are gone by now). I’ve tried DE and ethanol directly on plants and essential oil mixes next to plants (around perimeter for smell)… was afraid to get oils in the buds. Getting very desperate!!!

3 Likes

I am close to positive it’s a major infestation of thrips… what do I do at this point in flower? Living soil, organic, etc… but also… thrips??? And flowering very much.

1 Like

There’s a product by Koppert called Thrip-X that’s supposed to be pretty good.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t do much in flower. Blast them with the hose twice a day. Maybe some Dr bronners soap and water. They look pretty bad

5 Likes

gramps always recommend this one, I would give a try … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

It’s a shame. Sorry this happened to you. I’d suggest getting on an IPM schedule next season. Can’t get infested if you prevent them from coming in? Sorry man :disappointed:

3 Likes

I tried Dr zymes eliminator, recommend by @gramps got the free sample just paid $7 shipping you may need more not sure how large ur grow is the free sample only makes a gallon I believe, u can use it up till harvest w no I’ll effects on the buds hope you find wat ur looking for

2 Likes

Wow this stuff looks awesome - thanks so much!!

2 Likes

Every single time I sprayed, it rained. Was doing so well for so long… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks so much!

3 Likes

Ethanol would dissolve trichomes that might be why they are gone.
I’ve had a hard time outdoors this year myself. The humidity had the slugs and caterpillars VERY ACTIVE. My autos took a beating and didn’t end up real good.

3 Likes

Ditto, lots of rain here for a few weeks. Went on vaca for 5 days. My sour diesel auto was in pretty bad shape upon return. Good luck, hope you can get things back on track!

3 Likes

A lot of people having outdoor issues here in the great white North. Sorry this happened, hopefully you can salvage the product and get some decent nugs .

3 Likes

Thank you all for the suggestions and support - very helpful to know I’m not the only one falling victim to the weather gods this year!! Much love :green_heart:

3 Likes