Ghost Train Haze #1

Thought I’d start off here with a few pics of my Ghost Train Haze. These are about halfway through week 10, about another week and a half to go before chopping. Running them in Build a Soil with the usual accouterments, under 400W Eye Blue MH with a pair of 13W Reptisun 10.0 UVB bulbs at each end. First time using these, heard that UV improves THC production, so we’ll soon see.

8 Likes

The next round is also a go, I have a question, it is good to trim? Thank you

Nice, that net is keeping them well on the same level…

Do you have some overall view pic? How much do they stretch? 70 days is a lot:)

Do you feel UV-B :crystal_ball: is doing something beneficial? I haven’t noticed any improvements in my tests of UV LED (compared with/without).

1 Like

They stretch quite a bit, learned that on the first run with this strain, hence the net. I agree, 70 days is quite a long flowering period, but well worth it IMO. I like to see the trichs get to about 20% amber before taking them down. They tested at 21% THC and 3% CBD last time without the UVB. Going to test this run to see if it made a difference or not. Here’s a better overall shot.

4 Likes

Thanks for the pic! Do you have some lankier younger sister just along with it? :smiley:

By “worthy” you mean the yield or effects/taste?

1 Like

Kind of a pain to trim to be honest, but I always take a few puffs before starting so it doesn’t bother me too much. :yum:

2 Likes

No sisters, the lanky one in the foreground is called BaOx from Centennial Seeds. The yield looks to be on par with the last few runs, hoping the UV doesn’t affect taste, just THC levels.

1 Like

Hi TomTom.

Beautiful work with that GTH! I’ve got one in flower that is still stretching. It’s almost tripled in height! Love that NH influence :slight_smile:

Are you in CO?
I rarely see people outside of CO running Centennial seeds stuff. Ben’s a great guy and I can’t wait to try some of his stuff.

Stay hazed bro!
Jake

2 Likes

Hi.

Whats with GTH #1?. From your phenotype pick?.

How are you measuring THC or what are your numbers from the last crop?.

I’ve been looking at GTH, see if its worthwhile for the nursery.

1 Like

@GrowerGoneWild - Had my flower tested by a lab last year prior to entering the Frost Bowl. Going to have the same lab test it once it’s cured.

@Blowingupjake - Yup, I’m in CO. Went to visit Ben last summer and you’re right, he’s an awesome guy. Super knowledgeable. Got some Dakini Kush that I haven’t run yet. Looking forward to seeing how it does.

1 Like

Whats GTH testing at?

1 Like

@GrowerGoneWild - Mine tested at 21% THC and 3% CBD last year. Really nice daytime “get shit done” smoke.

2 Likes

Here’s a pic from under the trichroscope. Seeing some amber now, won’t be too long.

6 Likes

You’ve got really interesting genetics there, I’ll be watching this topic!

:moyai:

2 Likes

Nice looking lady there. Is that GTH?

1 Like

Finished taking the Trains down today, looks like a decent yield. Not sure on weight or potency yet. Will weigh when it’s done curing and then off to the lab for testing.

4 Likes

How about this for a Xmas gift huh?

http://www.cdxlife.com/cdxshop/cdx/mydx-analyzer-canna-kit-growers.html

2 Likes

If that is legit it will make the tech geeks go crazy!

2 Likes

It actually is legit, let me post the video…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwtOWlynxAk

2 Likes

Awesome brother, I have really been interested in the ghost train haze also. I was supposed to get a GTH crossed with Red Headed Stranger but the breeder some how listed it as being available then later messaged me saying that he actually did not have the GTH cross so I picked a Durban Poison X rhs IN PLACE OF IT…:slight_smile:

1 Like