Girls soaking up some "rays" for a mid February greenhouse grow

A ways to go but a few girls I’m plan to veg until mid Febuary. Should be 3ft + and ready to go by then.

6 Likes

You’re right with preparing “early” :slight_smile:
Do you plan to induce flowering in greenhouse by covering them?

2 Likes

Nope, in my region the natural light cycle takes care of “inducing” flower. They finish up sometime in May.

3 Likes

Damn lucky you. Where i live plants wont finishXD

1 Like

Update. 3 more weeks and these ladies go in the greenhouse.

4 Likes

Very nice… Have you topped them already?

What is the strain?

1 Like

No topping. 3 are purple Thai landrace. 3 are green Kush landrace. 2 are Oaxaca highland gold landrace.

5 Likes

Highland Oxacan Gold!!! Oro Oaxaqueño de Altura! Ya have GOLD! But didin’t look so indicas to be H.Oxacan G.? What can ya tell us from the origen of your HOGs n’ Purple Thais?
Best luck!

1 Like

Mig, I have family in Oaxaca true locals with roots that go back 100’s of years. These folks grow for cooking, medicinal, and pleasure, its apart of the culture. It’s not a “stoner” thing like in so many regions in the States and Canada, its a way of life. I’m lucky I can obtain seeds on a regular basis. You must take into consideration that the plants you see in this thread are in a 4ft box under T5’s. Under strict growing conditions. So they are going to grow based on these conditions. And there is only 2 in the box, can you pick them out? Once they are placed in the greenhouse they will spread. I grew a batch last summer of OHG. i will post a few picks of the finished product.

OHG is very similar to Colombian Gold, which I have many strains of too. And the reason CG is gold is because of the drying process not that it is a gold strain, anyway another story. Here is my impression of OHG: The Oaxaca Highland Gold is a nearly pure Sativa. It is also one of the most symmetrical Sativas I have encountered. The plants grow long side branches toward the bottom, and the even growth made these productive beauties look like Christmas trees when mature.

The finished product is a very sweet and spicy herb of the highest quality, with a hint of fruity pine aroma. The seeds for this variety were small, dark and round, and the plants exhibited slight signs of hermaphroditism and required surveillance to maintain seedlessness.

4 Likes

@SLOGrown , I knowed the old Dj.Short coments about HOG. I ask about your personal experience…
Speak Spanish?
Best reggardds!

Hey! In top corners your pic are more Sativa looks specimens…

1 Like

I believe DJ explains it best in his old school descriptions. Why recreat the wheel. I’m not Mexican we married into the Mexican culture. What do you want me to say or share? Here is a few pics of last years finished grow and I pulled out one of the OHG for a better look. This is not a big deal for me I’ve been growing these strains for decades…

4 Likes

Btw, went to Thailand and obtained seeds. It’s that simple no goofy story…or some wild adventure of any kind…

2 Likes

Oh, please, excuse me! My English is poor n’ maybe sounds rude!
How many florewing weeks the Purple Thai?
Thanx a lot your pics n’ coments n’ for your polity patience whith me…
By the way, Oaxaca está que arde, manito…la cosa esta mala por allá…
Salud Sincera!!!

1 Like

No worries, P Thai in my region, 13-15 weeks, depending on the pheno. It’s worth the wait…

1 Like

Thanx your tolerance n’ info.
And how about the Oaxacan, how many florewing weeks? ( I’m very interested in HOG!)

2 Likes

Again it’s a range. 12-18 depends on pheno. One cannot grow OHG out doors at most latitudes. I’m at 34-35 latitude and I have greenhouse that is fully contained. So I can pull it off…

2 Likes

Here are famouses as the easiest/top quality American Landrace we can grow outdoor whithout greenhouse: between 11-14 rarely 15 florewing weeks… But Thais we kwowes goes too much later…
How about “phenos” you coment?
Thanks for your time.!

1 Like

Dont understand. With pheno I mean; all the sativa I have, some take longer then others. One just don’t know how long that is until I plant them.

2 Likes

Fine. In your latitude it used be enought southern to grow HOG without greenhuse n’ great final Crop. Best luck!

1 Like

Love Mexican culture toó. Right now is very difficult n’ extremly dangerous obtain HOG or AG Seeds in Mexico. Jarilla Sinaloa n’ Michoacán are little easier. But the most comon is only obtained hibrids like Talibana, Chapita, Bin Laden…: crossed whith indica.

Viva México, cabrones!

3 Likes