GMO Rootbeer clone to Mother

So this is my first time buying a clone. Menegene from Mendocino keeps his rootbeer close and only a few out in the world have it. Skunk tek Breed it to Skunk Master Flex’s GMO (remember it’s only gmo if you get the clone or S1 everything else is chem cookies originally from Mamiko seeds).
So to dive deeper I paid my first decent sum for a chance at said clone of GMO Rootbeer and she arrived today.
So I figured I’d document me taking her into mother status and then cloning the shit out of her lol.

35 Likes

I love tutorials! If it wasn’t for the old bonsai mom tutorial I’d be lost :sweat_smile:.

7 Likes

The medium it arrived in was a rock wool plug the was sitting atop perilite. I have 1.2 gal containers from the Bucket Company. For this round I’ve chosen to try Soil King Big Rootz for soil, from what I’ve read it’s pretty close to Sub’s mix with a few tweaks and already cooked so it doesn’t run hot, there moto is just add water. They are located out of the 707 and run by a fellow named Patrick King.
One of there sales Reps happens to frequent our cannabis farmers markets and genetic trade events we put on frequently, and we got to chatting about it, which lead to me getting a bag.
I’ve lightly packed the soil and put the top of the plug showing.
I’m running a solsheet x3 with the hlg150-24a turned way down.
I was able to score a kick ass tent, it’s a Secret Jardin T60 (2x2). It’s 6 1/4” tall and has a foot tall propagation area in the bottom.
I have a infinity t4 cloudline for extraction, and a Secret Jardin Monkey fan that’s 24w 3 speed swivel. But those won’t get used for a minute.
I have a Blumat watering system for this round with 5gal Rez and 5” carrots (as they call the clay tips because they look like carrots) they a drippers and soil moisture sensors in one that keep the soil at optimal moisture levels and can auto adjust. I have a feeling this will help me on a new level.

15 Likes

20 Likes

I am about to see what the night does. If it doesn’t like the light I have a t5 50w I can put in there that has way less diodes and has been fine in my 2x3.
The larger clone (well now kinda plant) is Stardawg X I95 from TopDawg Genetics NYC, I reached out to JJ who use to be a part of the community here on overgrow, for guidance and to chat, awesome guy, but seeing how it’s from them it was another’s great addition to things.

15 Likes

Very interesting :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Mind if I follow along? I would love to see how she turns out.

1 Like

Sounds like fun! :sunglasses: :+1:

I’ll park it by Floyd and load the bong

Cheers
G

2 Likes

How’s it looking? Did she perk up? I usually put a dome over the newly planted clones for a day or two.

2 Likes

Newer fans look a little crispy but just the top shoots bottom shoots and the fans from the original clip still seem good. I was thinking about using a dome but didn’t have enough time to dig one out of storage. So maybe tonight I will. She was praying when I opened the tent this morning so I have a good feeling it should be alright. It was already pretty rooted when I received it. When I turn the light on later I’ll snag another pic. The Star dawg clone had some knarly fan leafs. Not sure if it was stress from travel or some sort of issue but tomorrow I’ll spray some ipm and start monitoring things a little closer.

4 Likes

To bad you couldn’t get a hood over her till she perked up

1 Like

Little toasty but I’m thinking it’s from it’s trip through the mail. Beyond that the rest seems to be responding pretty well to things and how they are progressing.
Also the 20 lb snapper needed help across the road.

13 Likes

Meangene is a ghee, that rootbeer has been causing quite a ruckus with those lucky enough to have smoked it. That’s a great sounding cross look forward to seeing it go, with the GMO in the mix probably be at least 10 weeks in flower to finish her I’m guessing. Good luck mate

1 Like

Get that t-5 goin !! Best light for clones up to first pruning . What did this clone cost ya ? Good luck…don’t rush her ! Happy growin

2 Likes

Love some root beer terps! Does anyone know the heritage of the rootbeer?

5 Likes

@Cannabisandthesearch welcome to OG. I believe it has Black Affie in it but not certain.

3 Likes

OP any plans to breed or share, or you just documenting? Either way awesome scoop… will be watching!

1 Like

It’s NL X NL X NL

… sorry bad mean gene/ig joke.

Found this under one of his other strain descriptions… seems like a Headband mother and the same male as the Jaro 1?

3 Likes

Just found this on seedfinder!

13 Likes

The og coffee comes from pacificnorthwest roots if I remember correctly and the headband is a cut that’s been around for a while in that area.

2 Likes