God Bud(JOTI)

Hey guys I have another post on here half ass documenting my first grow, I’ll post the thread in the comments. I had read that god bud typically gets3-4’ tall and usually only puts off 3oz per plant out doors. Well I had a branch snap a big one and i got 92 grams from it which is only about 1/3 of the plant. It is also 6.5’ tall. Curious has anyone else gotten more or bigger plants from god bud than what they say? I’m new to this I’m just astounded and proud lol.

35 Likes
8 Likes

CONGRATS!!! You certainly did well, my friend. Stay safe/be well.

9 Likes

Thank you @misterbee I appreciate the encouraging feedback. I had grown some autos as well and learned that I am personally not a fan I fought with all kinds of shit and then mediocre pot. I’ll stick to photos from now on.

7 Likes

you did better than i did my 1st. grow. good job! use netting outside to hold branches from breaking. :wink:

5 Likes

Great looking buds man. Excellent job for your first grow dude. Excellent. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

4 Likes

I procrastinated on tying it up I learned a lesson tho, sometimes I’m known to Learn the hard way. She’s(the other 2/3) tied up now really well and doing great! Appreciate the advice!

1 Like

Would love to see pics of the rest of the plant, @Fluffhead420. I saw the other thread that you linked and saw a couple of the buds, but please show us the whole 6+ foot God Bud beast!

Oh, and in that other thread, you mention that you’re starting to see purple hues in that outdoor God Bud. The purple hues tend to much more prominent in plants that have exposure to cooler temps. I’ve grown the same Girl Scout Cookies for over a year, and the plants that have finished up in the last 4+ months are not showing any purple, but if you look at my pics from the fall of 2019 through the spring of 2020, there’s lots of purple.

6 Likes

@Fluffhead420 yeah 6.5’ is very tall for Godbud, how big was she when you planted? Buds look Godlike lol How did she get so tall?? Nice job mate…yer a natural.

1 Like

I have no fucking clue how it got that tall. Lol. I have really good soil in my back yard. I’ve kinda just given all the credit to that. I hang with my plants a lot but no nutes, I did spray with Castile soap and cayenne a couple times and I did Have two caterpillars ruin two tiny buds so I sprayed twice with BT and now all of them are gone too. We got pretty cool last weekend, the bud leaves are darkening but some of the fan leaves that we’re changing color went from yellowish to purple, from my understanding God bud tends to purple, I will likely take it down before the next weekend though bc we are supposed to get down into the 30s for lows starting Friday.

3 Likes

I will be out harvesting a couple autos I had left today and will get a little video for you all on here. :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

I’m very interested in JOTI God bud and Deep Purple, which I think is a descendant of Godbud. So I dig all info on this strain. Also, I wanted to say: in the Hardware section of Lowe’s, there are some “wire type things” in the rachet/tie down section. They are like neoprene covered thick wire that can be used like some use pipe cleaners to tie down plants, but better because they are wider in diameter, water proof, and reusable. They come in different size packs and different lengths. Roughly 10$ for a box. I will find out the actual name and provide a link later. These to me are the premiere plant tie downs.

5 Likes

Very good thanks for that! I had stuff to tie it up I just pushed it lol. I’d appreciate the link. I like the sound of reusable.

Alright guys so we’ve had a few nights in the mid to upper 40s and low 50s consistently for a week. This Friday it will be 39, I’m getting some amber in the leaves so I think I’ll prob cut it Thursday morning, if I sound crazy let me know and I’ll chip it with my autos that I just chopped lol. Anywho here is the video for you all. Thanks for being such an awesome community and making me feel so welcomed. So much information, opinions and I appreciate all of it. It won’t let me upload a video so here are a couple pics for height and purple hues

12 Likes

Don’t let him bullshit you, he did his homework. I sent him some books, and he read 'em. He asked me questions, and when I didn’t have an answer, he posted questions here on OG, and when he got advice he took it. For a first time grower, that’s pretty solid decision-making. :grinning:

To pull a plant like that on your first grow ever is a hell of an accomplishment, so give yourself some credit. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

15 Likes

Howdy, I can’t post my photo from my cell phone, but here is the link: Night Ize Gear Ties, in different colors and lengths and groups from Amazon. Hope it will be helpful. https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=nite-ize+gear+tie&index=aps&tag=hydsma-20&ref=pd_sl_8vkk0o7bs6_e&adgrpid=51549561970&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=409958455389&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16304674757883397375&hvqmt=e&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9027978&hvtargid=kwd-332284024743&hydadcr=12188_11119220&gclid=CjwKCAjw2dD7BRASEiwAWCtCbwQGDORcsjMRxv8b0daoA9e23HjR8q1eUpHQBXKwQyONArme_uPD5BoCqGwQAvD_BwE

1 Like

I took most advice and didn’t know anything about LITFA but I did a lot of that. Lol. Also I live right next to a creek that ocassionally comes out so my thought is it’s kinda like growing crops in a flood plain. Maybe that explains the weight and height. I’ve some is still drying but I will have over 3/4 of a lb from that god bud plant. Tickled pink, here’s a pic from trimming yesterday.

17 Likes

Nice looking plant! I have a few god bud seeds gifted to me, though the person who sent them to me says they came from mark on strainly, so I’ll have to pop them soon and see how they compare.

4 Likes

I haven’t ever directly interacted with him but I grew all seeds from him this year for my first grow. @Guitarzan thinks highly of him and had purchased a boat load of seeds there. In fact it’s the one place he tells me to go. The GB seeds are apparently from JOTI. The one thing with the GB seeds I had is I thought I ruined 26 of 28 that I germinated(boy am I glad I didn’t have that in my hands) but then I gave 5 to a buddy and he couldn’t get any of them to germinate so not sure what’s up there. I think @Guitarzan said he was gonna try and germinate a few and see what his results were. Incredible weed tho. It’s a smell I’ll never forget bc We had a buddy who was growing it heavily from at least 08-11 and I smoke so much of it. Unforgettable buzz too lol

2 Likes

Are you saying the god bud seeds you got came from mark too? I have heard that maybe Mark sends out seeds he didn’t make himself, as he gets seeds from Other breeders too. So if he sent out seeds from JOTI, then maybe they were either very old seeds, or maybe they got the radiation treatment in the mail.

2 Likes