TLO indoor grow. GGC & Critical Mass

I’m currently using a ViparSpectra R900 (using only the bloom setting.) However, I added a 6500k 16w (actual watts) and I forgot to plug it into my timer. Ive NEVER made this mistake b4. I had plugged the light into my other power bar and simply not thinking about it; I made this rookie mistake! I know I should “NOW” really keep an eye out for any of them turning “HERMY” (Hermaphrodite) on me! But I’m wondering if now I’m fucked? Or if they’ll be fine? Can someone please let me know. Oh and the strain is GGC, God’s green crack.

5 Likes

Are they just seedlings? If so I think you’ll be fine! Fuck I’ve left my tents wide open over night came down the next day and bout had a heart attack but the girls ended up fine. No worries bro

6 Likes

Ya, they’re seedlings. Only day 6 going into day 7 . I simply kept the original light schedule going! Thxs a million for the advice my fellow cannabis Friend

3 Likes

A little loaded locking shit up hey??

5 Likes

You know it!!!
Gotta get one last look at the girls before I hit the sack or I just don’t sleep right. Prolly the hog leg I burnt while doing it!! It’ll happen again that a fact

6 Likes

Give them lots of LITFA…i understand!! LITFA

8 Likes

Yeah that usually my motto, but been having some PH issues the past week or so. Lil too much LITFA. My girls are craving attention at the moment. Gotta get these ph drifts under control

5 Likes

I started 4 seeds and one was a male the other one is fkd (too much afganie) for me and the last 2 a NL and Sensi Skunk grew just fine with tap water and very little fertilizer. I gave some rain water today…I believe in starting seed and find one that works where you are with the lights your running and that you like smoking…of course! Water is a big one make sure it runs on your water…

4 Likes

Last run my 1000w bulb died about 7 days in just after I watered them and they were stunted a bit a couple bananas nothing major.

The second last failure I had was a timer and the room was in bloom at weeks 2 to 3. The timer would advance but the contacts were fused and the lights never turned off was like that for a few days before I noticed and have zero problems with that run oddly enough.

So I’d say you should be fine keep an eye on them is all you can do if balls and bananas show up pinch them off.

9 Likes

I just potentially left my grow light on for 2 days straight at day 35/48/55 lol oops

8 Likes

I had contacts fuse together on a cheap digital timer. No clue how many days my lights were on 24 hours. At the most it was 4 or 5 days. Screwed the whole crop. Plants started revegging and never did recover. Little nugs with leafs popping out evsrywhere. It sucked. I think this guy should be alright being that hes dealing with 7 day old seedlings. When i read the title of the post i thought he meant 6 days into flower and i got to admit a little tear ran down my face for him. Lol.

9 Likes

Every one on this thread has stated a problem I have had.
I’ve had a mechanical timer fail, weeks into flower with not one nutsack.

Tucking them away for the night!
Me too!

ph problems have disappeared after my switch to rainwater first, distilled second, and Zerowater filtered water third. That’s my water.

Too much LITFA ,…been there.

And somehow I’m always stoned when shizz happens.

Edit
Forgot one to add to the list…Root zone mat styled heating pad rocketed to over 120F.
Killed all of my veg seedlings.

7 Likes

@Grohio, our hearts go out to the fallen.

@PotentChronic , Yeah no probs at all if they havent started flowering. At that stage you can be running 24 hour lights anyway. I had 2 power outages, both 2 hours long and 2 hours apart in one day and that was 4 days after i switched them. That totally freaked them out at first but I still got a decent result in the end but I would have taken a hit in total weight for sure.

EDIT: Changed response to @Loner to @PotentChronic . oops.

5 Likes

Thank god. I thought it was just me.

4 Likes

Honestly… I didn’t even think of it. It was on… That was enough for me. Lmao

3 Likes

This solves the timer failing problem ,and is a great safety feature : )

5 Likes

If there’s a member on this site that hasn’t done the exact same thing, they should be on the lookout because it’s coming. Lmfao.
It’s usually not a big deal, and it’s not like you can go back in time and solve it so just continue on as normal.

The important thing to remember is; if a plant hermies on you because of the lighting issue, it did not turn into a hermie. It was already a hermie, and it is only informing you. I killed a beautiful plant that was six weeks into flower, and all 300 of her sisters still in seed form, just last week. If it wasn’t for me screwing up the light schedule I’d have gotten myself even deeper in the weeds. No pun intended.

8 Likes

Hey @bandit306 Well I’ve got 4 boys. Ages 19, 17, 10, 7. I don’t worry so much about my younger boys… However the older ones… I have to be on top of things if you catch my drift. Lol

2 Likes

I had a outdoor plant once beside the shed and the motion detector lights would come on Everytime the dog would move…no problems other than 1/4 of the plant never flowered

3 Likes

I had timer problems halfway through a flower cycle, squirrels knocked the timer off the shelf, the plants had 24/7 light for 2 weeks, corrected that problem, then 2 weeks later I added a new light and another timer, which was faulty out of the box as I found out, and they were back in 24/7 light for another 2 weeks, 2 plants hermied, 4 others revegged, 2 seemed unfazed but they took 15 weeks to finish, and to be honest they could have had another couple of weeks, but I was sick of looking at them :roll_eyes:

7 Likes