Gonna try an outdoor grow in an octopot

The great thing about making these threads is you don’t really notice how much the plant has grown until you look at old pictures.

The dirt plant looks like she’s transitioning to flower:

I’ll take small and healthy plants over big and sick plants any day! :+1:

3 Likes

Picture doesn’t do it justice.

She’s grown a LOT the last 2 days. Gave her a gallon of week #2 GH flower nutes today. 1030ppm.

It’s supposed to be 93 degrees today. Weather forecast says 99 degrees next Monday. I bet she handles it like a champ!

2 Likes

Easter Sunday! Let’s put that plant to good use!

Don’t see it?

It just hit 97 today. She’s taking the dry heat like a champ. Seems to love it.

2 Likes

If you want to see something neat, check the leaf temps with an IR temperature gun… :exploding_head:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Did a little light defoliation she’s been in flower roughly two weeks. If you follow the main branch what would have been the main cola is now a parade of little future budsites.

3 Likes

I love your sun box

A few weeks ago, we were having 40-45mph wind gusts I was sweating something bad happening to my play plants. Figured more weight to keep the wind going around is a good thing. :smiley:

Really surprised how clean the tank is. A couple weeks ago I dropped my PPM pen in the testing hole and had to take everything apart to fish it out. Hard to believe that standing water can stay that clean outside it blows my mind a little.

1 Like

I saw a gecko on the wall today, so I ran inside to get my camera. By the time I got back there the lizard was gone. So I snapped a new photo of my octoplant.

There’s a branch on there that’s about 4 inches long that grew from a node in less than a week.

5 Likes

This might be my last update for a week and a half. Going to Puerto Rico with friends on Friday for 8 days.

She’s got a decent amount of frost on her biggest buds: I don’t think she’s even been flowering a full 3 weeks. Next time I can post pics again will probably be last week of April. I bet she changes a ton when I’m away.

4 Likes

So last night I got home at around 10pm local time. Came home and checked on everything. Plant is still kicking. YEAH!

Checked the res and it was BONE DRY! Last time I put anything in it was April 15th and it was pretty close to full if not full then. So she went through her water tank in 9 days (maybe a day or two less). Looks like she did some good growing when I was gone.

She’s starting to stack her buds pretty nicely. Stickiness everywhere!

7 Likes

Your plant looks beautiful!!! 97 in April, you must live in the valley?? I lived out there for a long time, moved there from the white mountains, Snowflake/Showlow area. I got fed up with the dryness and heat(and the city) and moved state. Sure miss hiking in the superstitions and Estrellas mountain ranges though. Beautiful mountain ranges out there. How much longer do you got in flowering??

1 Like

Yep I’ve lived in the valley for 50 years. I’m in tempe lots to do here. I think about another month left until she’s done.

She’s been fattening a lot lately. Drank 2 gallons of 850ppm gh flower mix since Saturday night.

My first wwa didn’t do this but this one is still growing lots of new leaves with the buds

4 Likes

There are a ton of budsites. I can’t get over how late in flower this thing is popping new growth.

Dirt plant snuck in a photo bomb pic on me.

Get ready for 100 degree weather ladies it’s coming this weekend.

3 Likes

Yesterday and Wednesday both high temps got around 100 degrees she took it like a champ.

Her shape reminds me of Colonel Austin’s experimental plane that he crashed to make that show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpAqkW7SJ2Y

I can’t hold her she’s breaking up she’s breakin… BAM roll roll roll roll dust everywhere fade to black!

4 Likes

Got home from Vegas around noon today. She was showing evidence of some recent leaf miner damage.

She was showing lots of amber trichomes so I decided to chop her and put her in my tent to dry. Did a light trim and bud wash. Today makes 3 months and 1 day since I planted the seed. As long as I can keep the mold away from her should get a decent amount of buds from her. :smiley:

Gonna add pictures of the res that I took with my phone in a few minutes.

5 Likes

not a bit of algae in the res I was impressed

roots look like they were healthy.

3 Likes

She finally got dry enough to put in jars, so I took care of that today.

Considering I was working with a 3 month auto that was stunted for about 10-14 days I’ll take 60 grams from my first outdoor grow all day long. Dirt plant was jarred yesterday I got 18 grams from her. Thanks to everyone that followed the journey. :+1:

2 Likes

So was it good ?

It smells good.

I’m fighting a cold right now probably won’t be able to test it for a couple days.

1 Like