Good outdoor strain for the northeast

I’m completely new at growing outdoors and want to prep for next year.

This year was rough and my friend lost most of his crop to bud rot.

Was just wondering if there were strains better suited for this area than others. (More resistant to cold, mold, pm, etc.)

7 Likes

I cannot comment to the specifics of the North East, but a lot of folks here run Texada Timewarp crosses from this guy
http://www.peakseedsbc.com/seeds.htm

These are quick outdoor hybrids that mature late september to early october; it gets really wet here on the west coast in the fall, so they are bred to be more resistant to rot and finish quickly.

6 Likes

Im gonna tag @99PerCent …maybe he can help with your question…he is legal in that location i do believe.

3 Likes

KC brains Mango is a cheap mould restant strain
finished here at 52N by mid Oct lower would be earlier
Nice high too

4 Likes

Yes he is a fellow masshole lol

Thank you

3 Likes

Thank you. Very cheap as well $4/seed

2 Likes

you should head over to the Canadian Contingent :maple_leaf: and ask the manitous :penguin: or whatever… :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

Maybe run autos? Quicker finish time.

4 Likes

Not worried so much about the finish time I’m worried about as much as mold.

The person who grew at this spot this year chucked it all due to mold. September was very rough with rain this year. We got double what we normally get.

1 Like

Lol. Uuuhhh what? 20 chars

1 Like

Outdoor is tough brother. The weather decides who makes it.

If you shop around for mold resistant strains, you may fare better.

Next year I am going with clones in the green house and not going to even try to keep up with mother nature.

It has either rained or been cloudy here in New England for nearly 6 weeks straight.

:cloud_rain:
:disappointed:

5 Likes

What about like an easy up to shield from rain?

2 Likes

Still need sunlight.

2 Likes

Well I’ll pray for better weather next year

1 Like

I ran 2 x White Widow Auto (July 2 - Sept 9) & I was fighting powdery mildew for the last 2 weeks, so even fast autos might not be the solution.

tdb

2 Likes

'was just watching my plastic flapping in the wind. :thinking: Gonna have to lash it down like a ship. The garden didn’t get rained on though. :thumbsup:

I’d consider an affordable/DIY greenhouse or 1/2-greenhouse(open sides)…

a few of the biggest colas have had a bit of budrot but she’s a 2 lb’er so it’s no biggie…just prune 'em into the freezer & practice my hash-making.

:evergreen_tree: :wind_blowing_face:

3 Likes

This is why I suggested autos. You can start them in spring and harvest long before rainy, mold inducing weather

3 Likes

I’m in the NE.
2 strains I’ve never had a single bud rot.
Dutch Passion Blueberry
GHS SuperLemonHaze

Skinny or fluffy budded plants are way less prone to botrytis.

6 Likes

Did the Super Lemon Haze have enough time to finish properly in the NE?

2 Likes

My clone is an 8-weeker. Outdoor (45N), October 10th-ish. I’ve left some out till Halloween (waiting for seeds) without any rotting.

5 Likes