Good stealth/ cover plants?

I am wondering what would be good cover plants that

• are beneficial for the soil and the weed growing inside of it
  • reach about 10 to 20cm of height to give a bit of stealth

I am considering to hide a microgrow experiment in plain sight. Any hints appreciated.

5 Likes

Related question: are there plants known to not get along with cannabis?

2 Likes

Nevermind, the term is cover crop and that brings plenty of search results. I should have a coffee before posting. :wink:

7 Likes

If ya check out my 2018 thread it might give ya some ideas ultimately I ended up scrogging a plant that yeilded right at 1/2 pound was no more than 2 feet tall and was hard to recognize more than 15-25 feet away

7 Likes

The key to improved camouflage is to help break up the hard lines of the target object and plant things closer together would help IMO

6 Likes

Yes thanks! I have looked at that thread before, with the pic of that big ass spider. Eeek! :laughing:

2 Likes

Alfalfa grows 2-3 ft its stingy, puts nitrogen into the soil as well. I use it in my pots with clover.

You can see the alfalfa coming through on the left middle and upper plants. I just pinch it off if it gets to high and put it on top of the soil for mulch.

6 Likes

You can tie in some fake hobby lobby flowers and vines iv heard of this being done . I might trellis some cucumbers along the side of my boxes this year

5 Likes

Hang some plastic tomatoes on it lol

6 Likes

Thanks, I almost spat my wine on the screen laughing.

4 Likes

Hello, I’m from Brazil and I found this topic now, I couldn’t follow it …

I use Ricinus communis here, around the guerrilla plants, to disguise a little bit, I also use cosmos and marigold (tajets), camouflage a little.

Definitely, the freinkstain plant caught my attention, I think you are there too, it is not in need of camouflage …
I hope she is not so well known that everyone can identify …

Brazilian greetings hermano …

7 Likes

Pole beans, and peas are good, and help fix nitrogen. they grow fast, and grow tall, instant screen. Not gonna do much for the stank tho :wink:

4 Likes

Look into australian bastard cannabis, freakshow, or ducksfoot, all have leaves that don’t look like weed at all! And breeders like hybritech have been putting tastier and tastier flavors on them.

3 Likes