Gorilla Glue 4 Recombinant Inbred Line

36 Likes

Are you looking for specific phenos as well during this process?

1 Like

After all this time the phenos are fairly consistant.
3 seeds to a cup. Pluck the sour bubble recessives the first week from sprout.
After 2 weeks pull the next smallest in each cup.
This leaves me with an all glue leaner group every time.
From there they are fairly consistant.

Sour bubble is well inbred and aided in early selection due to her strong phenotypical influence.

I’ve been working this line so long it’s easy for me to select.
If you dig through the big thread you can see the “right” male turn up time and time again.

Also of note. Every outcross has used it’s own selected male and the high quality is there. That says a lot in it’s own right.

21 Likes

Thanks for sharing this process. I heard about keeping containers small for pheno hunts, but popping multiple beans in a single cup seems like an effective method.

6 Likes

Particularly here since sour bubble is so inbred and so slow to veg. The difference in phenos is very obvious from the start.

Each successive bx has improved frequency up to bx4 then it’s basically the same or negligible difference

8 Likes

Awesome. I was curious how you knew which phenos would have the expressions you wanted so early. This makes sense.

4 Likes

Yowza. Got this mom backed up!
Full pollination. Hoping for a nice full seed set.
Fire in the hole!

38 Likes

That looks nice Tony!

4 Likes

That’s week 5.5 or something. I sexed them then stalled in veg and timed it right so the lowers didnt throw side branches and formed flower clusters instead.
Wont have as many seeds but they should be real nice and healthy.

You can see why a lot of people get high end extraction returns ha.

8 Likes

With my little sexing then back into veg a week cloning was a challenge since no lowers branched, they nugged up. Managed this off of the giant tho!

20 Likes

Gotta love getting it on the last one. That’s going to be a funky clone!

2 Likes

I’ve had to resort to taking cuttings from flowering plants too, to keep a certain line going. They kind of screw you on time, but it’s better than not having it.

Most turnaround times aren’t so bad when cuttings are taken in early flower.

5 Likes

She should make it now. Pretty happy.
The giant surprised me. Dan and I thought his GB 8 had gigantism. Popped a lot of GB since, never saw it again. This one has potential. Need to run her again to see if it is her genotype or a reaction to blowing up after sharing a pot and and having her flat mate removed. Time will tell!
I still have some beans from his gb8. Gonna look in there too see if it pops up.

9 Likes

Godspeed Dan! Thanks for all the knowledge dropped

1 Like

Was the other plant completely removed or was it cut to the crown and the roots left behind?

I’ve had a few plants over the years that were more than twice the size of their siblings… come to think of it… most of the seeds of those larger plants were huge too!

Your larger plant may be showing it’s subgenome dominance of genotype A, due to its larger size or it could be a allopolyploidy. Lots of things can happen in hybridized plants.

1 Like

Cut at the ground and left the roots Turned out male.
The pair kept up in size with the others in solo cups it was only into the 1 gallon the others took over, then into 3s and chopped the male. Interesting for sure.

2 Likes

GB bx5 mom preggers. :slight_smile:

34 Likes

Looks amazing! Def need this in the garden.

1 Like

Mmm very tasty looking.

2 Likes

You got that right. Looks very tasty.

1 Like