Gotta good water only recipe? hlp pls 🙂

I feel your pain. I just did a run in the spring with just over 80 plants in 3 gallon smart parts. I won’t ever be doing that again :joy:

4 Likes

Put a few of your worm homies into the pot also it will only help it down the road! I even get some in my 16 oz pots from time to time sometimes deliberately and other times from cocoons .(worm eggs)

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s exactly the mix, I got it off of this thread on ICMag. They even suggest 3-gall9n pots in that thread. Yes, I have grown plants to completion in 3-gallon pots with this mix. You can view the results in my Workshop thread.

I personally use a modified Coots mix in no-till, but find this to be a much simpler place for someone building soil for the first time.

7 Likes

Not in organic soil. Your always wanting to keep the soil moist, never dry

4 Likes

I have lots of experience with that soil mix, I used it almost 15 years ago. It’s a decent base but it falls short and isn’t a good “water only” mix. Maybe in a larger container it would be better but it’s nothing I would use without additional additives.

I think whatever your soil mix is, 3 gallon pots just lack the soil volume to harbor enough microbial to handle the demands for 9 weeks or more of flower. You will certainly get deficiencies as I’m sure you already now.

6 Likes

Stoner that i am forgot that i used that mix before with great success about 10 years ago. Thanks for the reminder @ReikoX. Alot of times I top dressed with ewc half way thru flower.
This is what I’m going with and will post my results here

8 Likes

Thank you very much! I would love to do some sort of bigger container but my tent is only 5ft total in height and 4x4 in my 6ft crawl space. I don’t think I ever want something that big that I have to haul out there :woozy_face::rofl:

1 Like

I totally get it. I was really limited on space for a long time. This style of growing definitely requires adjustments to make it work right when your tight on space. Sure its possible to grow plants in smaller pots and keep them somewhat healthy with the no till style but it’s almost impossible to get acceptable yields because there just isn’t enough soil volume to make it happen.
You can make it work though with larger pots even in your setup with short ceilings. You can fit quite a few 7 gallon smart pots in a 4x4 tent and their not terribly heavy to move. You would just need to train your plants to keep the canopy at a decent level and you would be golden.
Six 7 gallon pots in a ScRog would fill your tent and be very manageable.

2 Likes

@Farmerjoe420 have you visited the solo cup threads since you arrived? I used to think as you do till I watched a couple of those.

2 Likes

People are doing no till in solo cups ? Please link me if so

2 Likes

This could work to my advantage since i usually tend to under veg. :thinking:
Edit: that would be a problem also unnecessarily hurting yeild
Im not super concerned with yeild :speak_no_evil: i only grow for my self and smoke way to much :rofl::dash::dash: im gonna try the 3s first cause ihave them and look into some 7s. Thanks again for you input.
I try to take it all in and adapt what ican to my situation :dash::maple_leaf::guitar::sunglasses:

2 Likes

sure…see tinytuttle…there is a search function

3 Likes

I am very aware of there being a search function , thanks for reminding me :+1:t3: . You tagged me as if there was something particular you wanted me to see , what am I supposed to be searching for ?

1 Like

you know :smile:

2 Likes

You completely lost me :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

@Farmerjoe420 I agree with you. I started in organic growing with 5 gallon…then 7 gallon…then 10…now I have 25 gallon pots. @Canofbusjoe go look at my page. I am growing in 25 gallon pots in a 4x4 with only a 5 foot ceiling. I like big pots because I like big buds. You cannot get the bud size I require out of anything smaller than 7 gallon. 7 gallon is still a little baby pot…in my book.

6 Likes

He was making a joke…
context - the difference between Huh? & LOL

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Context…there is a concept. How about sticking to one point instead of changing parameter? How about changing your mind set? How about only u grow top colas in 2 lb bags SOG style with an organic media water only

Sure root size and bud size are related. So are root size and the number you can grow to that size. Then there is genetics. We were discussing budding out some smoke. You guys threw in the extra parameters and then want me to do the leg work. pfft

1 Like

How about a hybrid of supersoil and some top dressing or liquid organic fertilizers? With a combo like that, are 1-3gaL pots sufficient if it’s a clone that’s only vegged for 2-3 weeks?

1 Like

That’s exactly what i have done in the past with great results. Not as big a buds but more of them :+1::dash::maple_leaf::guitar::sunglasses: