Gotta good water only recipe? hlp pls 🙂

I totally get it. I was really limited on space for a long time. This style of growing definitely requires adjustments to make it work right when your tight on space. Sure its possible to grow plants in smaller pots and keep them somewhat healthy with the no till style but it’s almost impossible to get acceptable yields because there just isn’t enough soil volume to make it happen.
You can make it work though with larger pots even in your setup with short ceilings. You can fit quite a few 7 gallon smart pots in a 4x4 tent and their not terribly heavy to move. You would just need to train your plants to keep the canopy at a decent level and you would be golden.
Six 7 gallon pots in a ScRog would fill your tent and be very manageable.

2 Likes

@Farmerjoe420 have you visited the solo cup threads since you arrived? I used to think as you do till I watched a couple of those.

2 Likes

People are doing no till in solo cups ? Please link me if so

2 Likes

This could work to my advantage since i usually tend to under veg. :thinking:
Edit: that would be a problem also unnecessarily hurting yeild
Im not super concerned with yeild :speak_no_evil: i only grow for my self and smoke way to much :rofl::dash::dash: im gonna try the 3s first cause ihave them and look into some 7s. Thanks again for you input.
I try to take it all in and adapt what ican to my situation :dash::maple_leaf::guitar::sunglasses:

2 Likes

sure…see tinytuttle…there is a search function

3 Likes

I am very aware of there being a search function , thanks for reminding me :+1:t3: . You tagged me as if there was something particular you wanted me to see , what am I supposed to be searching for ?

1 Like

you know :smile:

2 Likes

You completely lost me :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

@Farmerjoe420 I agree with you. I started in organic growing with 5 gallon…then 7 gallon…then 10…now I have 25 gallon pots. @Canofbusjoe go look at my page. I am growing in 25 gallon pots in a 4x4 with only a 5 foot ceiling. I like big pots because I like big buds. You cannot get the bud size I require out of anything smaller than 7 gallon. 7 gallon is still a little baby pot…in my book.

6 Likes

He was making a joke…
context - the difference between Huh? & LOL

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Context…there is a concept. How about sticking to one point instead of changing parameter? How about changing your mind set? How about only u grow top colas in 2 lb bags SOG style with an organic media water only

Sure root size and bud size are related. So are root size and the number you can grow to that size. Then there is genetics. We were discussing budding out some smoke. You guys threw in the extra parameters and then want me to do the leg work. pfft

1 Like

How about a hybrid of supersoil and some top dressing or liquid organic fertilizers? With a combo like that, are 1-3gaL pots sufficient if it’s a clone that’s only vegged for 2-3 weeks?

1 Like

That’s exactly what i have done in the past with great results. Not as big a buds but more of them :+1::dash::maple_leaf::guitar::sunglasses:

I really don’t know what your issue is but how am I changing points ? My only point is , in regards to this style of growing , a larger pot size is needed to get good results.
If you disagree , bring some info to back up your point. What do I look like going around searching for evidence to prove your point ? I’m speaking from personal experience having grown this way for years. You want me to do leg work to back up your point ? Pfft
This man was asking for help and ideas about “water only soil”. I am sharing my personal experience. What are you adding to this thread besides sarcasm and drama ?

4 Likes

I agree, Even a 7 gallon is a tad small for water only but it works ok. The bigger the better with that style.

3 Likes

I must not be high enough to get the joke because I totally missed it LOL

3 Likes

Check out this thread , it’s a wealth of information. I know you didn’t ask for it but here’s a tried and true soil recipe I have been using for quite some time.

1/3 peat moss

1/3 aeration ( perlite, lava rock, rice hulls, etc)

1/3 quality compost

Alfalfa meal 1/4 cup cuft

Neem cake 1 cup cuft

Fish bone 1/2 cup cuft

Kelp meal 1 cup cuft

Crab shell 1 cup cuft

Granite rock dust, or any other kind of rock dust. Even azomite will work 2 cups cuft

Oyster shell 1 cup cuft

Gypsum 1 cup cuft

8 Likes

No one is arguing with you that larger pots will give better results, but we work with what we have. Nobody is saying the recipe I posted is the best.

Clearly this guy is a novice grower trying to experiment with organics. The recipe I posted is simple and can be sourced locally.

9 Likes

Nice! Thanks. If i could ask what’s is the gypsum and neem cake for?

1 Like

Gypsum adds sulfur and calcium, neem adds some NPK as well as bug deterrence.

7 Likes