Grandaddy Purple Genetics

Around 2005 I was living in Atlanta and we had some “purp” they called it that tasted and smelled exactly like fruity pebbles cereal. Does anyone have any idea what strain it might have been? It isn’t the fruity pebbles strain. Are there any breeders that have anything like that anymore?

7 Likes

Welcome to OG @BlazeUno423

2 Likes

Welcome to OG !!! Plenty of great people to help here!!!

2 Likes

Welcome to OG
I’m growing gdp right now but havent tried it yet

2 Likes

If you figure out what it is let me know!!! I love a fruity strain… especially one like that

1 Like

Purple fruity *pebbles weed? Seems like that’s all the market has available now, you should be able to find what you’re looking for

3 Likes

This isn’t GDP but sure tastes very fruitey!
Congo Gelato…

24 Likes

Maybe its fruity pebbles og?

1 Like

Around that time I would bet it was Kong Fu Purple. Good luck trying to find it though.

2 Likes

In 2005? Most likely it was GDP, Urkle, or Grape Ape.
FPOG wasn’t really around AROUND until 2007 and FPOG is like a fruity trainwreck sappy smell

5 Likes

Yeah I’m growing Grape Gusher from Tastebudz right now along with a Purple Haze Auto freebie and a Forum Stomper. The Purple Haze might come close but the Gushers is more floral in the stage it’s in now, unless it surprises me. Lots of different genetics going around these days but this specific one I haven’t seen or smelled in quite a few years. Used to be about the only thing going around in my neck of the woods that wasn’t mid-grade. Of course this was close to 20 years ago and it’s very specific. I’m gonna make it my life’s goal to find it again lol.

1 Like

Well, I’m kinda a new old grower who recently got back into it in the past year so pardon me for my lack of strain knowledge. I’m trying to learn what smells and tastes like what but I’m in my first grow right now aside from an Ethos Cookie plant I harvested early due to moving and some personal stuff. This stuff is very distinctly fruity pebblish lol.

1 Like

Stay with it friend , even if you dont find the old strain your lookin for , you may find something even better !

2 Likes

Thanks man! I was around here back in the early 2000’s growing with a metal halide street lamp from Home Depot. Ended up having kids and forgetting about growing for a while. I can’t believe this forum is still here and I really wish I could remember what my username was. All I remember is a dude name BOG and Capulet I think it was.

3 Likes

Wasn’t grape ape atleast not the one I’ve had a few times.

Looks amazing! I’ve been afraid of Purple strains over the years because a lot of them turned out to be nutrient lockout instead of actual genetics lol I won’t even entertain purchasing them most of the time I’ve been burned too many times lol

1 Like

O ok! Yea that fruity pebbles taste comes from GDP. GDP is apart of the FPOG lineage. So I bet it was some GDP! That was the most popular strain going around back then! :peace_symbol:

1 Like

I meant weed that tastes like fruity pebbles

1 Like

Nice

2 Likes

I just grew out some monster genetics pebbles (gdp x critical x somango) the high and taste is very gdp, I haven’t had critical or somango before so I can’t say which traits it took from them. But the high and taste is gdp.

10 Likes