Granddaddy Purp From 2005

Shown here early on, she really packs on the frost and produces big colas, nothing like that sweet skunky piney grape smoke :dash:

23 Likes

I love me some grape flavoured buds. They are looking good.

6 Likes

I never got to try the real deal. Looks very nice and sounds like a very special plant you have! Is it a cut from somewhere?

Best vibes!

peace

8 Likes

Story I was given was that a guy here from KY went to the Green Cup in 2005 and got a clone and it survived the ride back and got rooted and has been here since!

6 Likes

Another interesting strain, looks like you’ve got quite a collection!

The only bud I’ve ever had that was really grapey was a serious seeds chronic pheno a dude I knew used to grow. Huge football nugs with a grape koolaid flavor.

2 Likes

That’s a cool story. The intrigue always makes it better, too! lol. Where was the Green Cup? Up north of you? I suppose you aren’t that far from Michigan. Thanks for sharing! Feel free to show more pics!!!

peace

1 Like

Green cup was in California, not sure the location

3 Likes

I grew a clone last year from retail…'swear it had an STD or some shit. grew reeeeeealy slow & weak, but the buds were GREAT :grapes:.

I pollinated it with RedCherryBerry & am growing out one seed for now. :blush:

edit: now isee this in the ‘reviews’ on that page: Great job DHN, all my clones/ plants have been doing phenomenal. No issues with P.M since your new sterilization program went into place :unamused: :confounded:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Day 44 getting frosty

16 Likes

Coming in at day 48

19 Likes

Unreal…it really looks like fresh snow

6 Likes

Looks incredible!

Grape is on my to do list shortly. I have a pack of grape Krush to run, if it turns out half as nice as this I’ll be happy.

How is the scent?

7 Likes

Grape candy, skunk, pine. She’s incredible. Really starts to show out these last few weeks

6 Likes

Man it is shaping up and definitely looks like a pro. I never grew any purps really yet but would hit a good one. That one sounds great. I love the sound of that taste, too… I miss the good piney skunk… and berry would be great with it.

Hey @cannabissequoia, have you heard of … ooops, I see my answer. Clones? Dark Heart Nursery. We have a place here that’s registered to grow clones for them so I might can find it. It’s all the way up in Denver, but that would be special and a nice break from my past grows.

Best vibes on the finish!

peace

4 Likes

Harvested some early at day 56

12 Likes

14 Likes

It sure has a pretty look. The trichs sure cover any purple, ha! It’s a beauty. Wish you lived in my neighborhood!

I have an internet friend from KY who just moved out here to Colorado. We’ll be getting together to collaborate on some grow things. I’ll have to ask if he ever ran in to that cut.

Enjoy! peace

4 Likes

They are looking very nice.

I have grown GDP for the last couple of years, its my favourite smoke and edible. Doesn’t have too much couch lock, but certainly kills the pain in my body, and helps with sleep.

Mine have never looked that frosty or shape of bud and I have only seen color on one plant I grew outside. Mine seem to be more compact and egg shaped. I struggle to get large colas, apart from on the main stem, the rest are just golf ball sized buds mostly.

8 Likes

Het there is that pack if grape Krush a original or the throwback jbc did. I just germinated a original pack of grape Krush and so far only one has come up , well two but the second was deformed and killed it’s self. If you have those still maybe we can work together to preserve this line

1 Like

Granddaddy Purp from 2005 :fire: miss that plant

4 Likes