Greandal’s menagerie…

Taking off!

18 Likes

Classic! Epic! Lol. Been there myself!

1 Like

Beldia are about to strrrrrretch! ( not about to…they are in stretch mode now) I love this part. Please get weekly pics for the next month. Its fun to watch. :grin:
Everything looks great!

1 Like

They’re interesting plants. Very upright and gangly as the website pics indicate. I was surprised to see them grown so tightly together, as if for fiber.

The Manipur are going to be beasts. Will have more pics of them soon after I move them around.

3 Likes

Crazy how close they are planted in Morocco. 7 inch grid. Definitely has affected branching.
The Manipur are beautiful! Surprisingly fat leaved early in life. Not much info on that one. I saw one grow in an ic mag thread and a pic of outdoor plants in Hawaii. It’s known to be strong stuff!

1 Like

I need my watch band fixed. Seeing your watch reminded me. I always wore a watch. You don’t see that much these days.

1 Like

The few pics I’ve seen of them they’re fat bushes, not too unlike those two from last year.

1 Like

Do you have Beldia male(s)?

1 Like

I sorta collect automatic watches. That’s a Laco, usually in these pics I’m wearing a Seiko Alpinist.

2 Likes

I have one beldia male yes, other side of the yard. Been gelding him regularly.

1 Like

Nice you found a male. Ybd has all ladies. @HumblePie420 has just planted his

2 Likes

I found first flowers on a couple Manipur yesterday evening. Three confirmed females.

2 Likes

Is he in Canada? Indoors I take it.

2 Likes

In southern cali outdoors. Hot right now out there. Beldia should love it.

2 Likes

Ah ok. That explains a lot. LOL

1 Like

Girls girls girls…

13 Likes

I love to see them reaching for the sky like that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Shifting gear…

17 Likes

More to come.

Monster #1, not showing yet. 4 ft from the soil.

Monster #2, female

Smaller female, about 32”

3 more, none showing yet. The single in the rear is a good shape, wide conical but short. I hope it’s a girl.

Going to have to break up the nursery, things are getting out of hand. lol

Cuts from the known female Manipur and VB

12 Likes

The loud VB

Good grief they smell good! Absolutely no doubt what it is either unfortunately. :laughing:

Going to take a few more cuttings from these to keep going indoors.

@slain what stonking beasties! That’s what I would call house lifting vigor.

11 Likes