Greener grass ? Help me design this grow room!

So we have finally closed on a beautiful farm and I found a perfect room I wanna set up need some suggestions !

Yes 1000% plan on cleaning this very well

Insulated room they use to incubate chicks in

Room dimensions : 10ftx7ft ceiling height 8ft

I don’t plan on using the whole room for flowering I want a little shelf for seed starting and veg maybe just using cheap garage lights ??

Also maybe a table in middle of room to grow about six photos

I have a Marshydro Fce 3000 able to veg 4x4 and flower 3x3 .so my plan is to get another one should I stagger the two lights or keep them in line the long way ?

Also a marshydro 600 will be using for veg

End goal perpetual harvest

Only thing I’m at a loss for is how should I vent the room like a 8” intake fan already has vent holes in the ceiling

If you have read whole post feel free to comment your suggestion what you would do or anything to help

Here’s some pics

16 Likes

Looks like the start of a killer setup!

5 Likes

Common everyone don’t look at it talk about. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Questions were asked

1 Like

Find how many breakers you can dedicate. Clean, the room. Clean it like a doctor was gonna come in there and perform surgery on you.

7 Likes

Pretty cool part is it has a big ol Diesel generator that will supply the whole garage and house with power and I’m definitely going to clean it like no one has cleaned it before will bleach be a good cleaning solution or is there something else!?

2 Likes

Main concern is air flow… osculating fans … but should I worry about a intake/outake fan

Forgot to mention will only be using from sep -April so deff the colder months of the year floor has radiant heat

1 Like

I would think you will need to pull clean air in from a lung room or outside through s screen filter. And exhaust outside as well. Is this room on any exterior walls? Basement? Ground floor?

3 Likes

It’s in a garage and wall is connected to exterior wall …the picture of the duct hole in the ceiling goes to about two foot of dead space so I figure that could be my exhaust …just don’t know how well it would be I taking air in that would be 36 degrees or less

2 Likes

My thought is if u ever wanted to experiment with a co2 setup you have a room thats just begging for it. If it was me id keep the whole thing for flower and do veg/seedlings somewhere else.

4 Likes

Looks like a fun project! I doubt you’ll have any issues getting professional suggestions from the community! Once the floor plans are out , everyone will bounce some great ideas to you!

Some people love designing grow rooms I bet!

Lookin*forward to seeing the plan come together!

1 Like

Yeah I’ve heard or using a sealed unit with co2

But mold really scares me haha

I would love for the tech savvy peeps of the OG community to draw possible plans out for me like it was their own room !!

What size intake would you suggest for a room of that size ?

Give it time and the grow room architect boys and girls of O.G, will chime in I am sure!

I am very much not affluent in air control , especially for a enclosed room. I have only tried my luck at tents and one semi finished garage, and I open air grew so pretty much had a plant in the corner and a light above it lol

Yours looks like you have a good spot to start, finished walls. I imagine there is a calculation for your square footage and the required air flow .

I am a pen and paper person. For some reason I can’t visualize it unless the blue print is drawn out .

Maybe start there.

Upload a drawing of the floor space. Note the exterior walls , attic space , existing vents if any… electrical hook ups.

Best of luck ! I am nothing more than an eager passer byer

Edit I would change the title to include (help designing grow room) or some Form of that
Oh it’s already placed inngrow room design room.

3 Likes

Well that is an indoor growers wet dream!
Myself, I’d use a 4" vortex, bolted to a Can filter, set on top the room, sucking in, blowing out.
I would cut 4 to 6 holes, for passive venting, 3 on each side of the room, covered with poly batting. Simple air flow being pulled in low, lifting out stale air from the floor upward. I’ve preferred this to running fans in my grow areas I’ve built over the years.

I’d use 1" or plus thick hardbacked foam sheets to make a divider walls, even some shelves, it is very sturdy, I’m still using some crafted items over 17 years now. I’ve made shelves and light blockers, hell whole set ups, with hardbacked foam and Gorilla glue/tape, and it lasted a few years of use, then some it went to work on other projects after it’s intended use.

I’m a white paint guy over wall coverings. But your walls may be just fine after you clean them well.

Myself, I’d also consider either pond liner on the floor and up the walls a few inches, or cutting out a drain, if you have a low spot. Maybe check it with a marble of water level tube laid across the floor to see if some slope has been built into it, and work that into an OH SHIT drain.

Lights and stuff you got pounded. Very jealous of all the possibilities you can do with that most excellent area.

Just my $.02 and I know others will have better ideas, these are just mine.
Best to your project!! Webe

4 Likes

This is the oh shit drain my basement came with :rofl:

3 Likes

You need to figure out if what kind of pressure you want in the room.

Copy and pasted from a google search:
Positive pressure rooms maintain a higher pressure inside the treated area than that of the surrounding environment. This means air can leave the room without circulating back in. … In contrast, a negative pressure room uses lower air pressure to allow outside air into the segregated environment.

If you set up an exhaust fan to suck air OUT, this is conducive to a negative pressure room. Make sure you have a strong enough fan to exhaust the entire room. You will need to calculate the cubic feet of the room and buy an exhaust fan with an appropriate CFM rating. CFM stands for cubic feet per minute and the higher the rating on the fan, the better suited for larger rooms. I’m not an expert and may be off here or there on a few details but this is where I would start if I were you.

I see exhaust holes but do you have adequate intake holes? Where’s the air coming from? Outside or another room? You may need to filter. You may only need a passive intake, meaning air will automatically be sucked into the room due to the negative pressure inside without the use of fans pushing air in. Typically this is how a lot of ppl set up their rooms but I would do a little more research and reading if I were you.

Hope this helps!

6 Likes

Absolutely love the idea …so hear me out ….six inch fan pulling bad air out ……use a whole saw cut three holes about 4”wide ? on each side low so that will draw fresh air in the room …now what will I put over said holes to stop light leaks ?

Floor drain is in next room over…gradually sloped floor for drainage

I don’t plan to keep all the light fixtures maybe a few for maintance in the room I have a light able to cover a 3x3 area marshydro fce3000

so I’m thinking about getting another one and putting it next to it to increase light coverage …side by side or staggered !?

Btw thanks for the detailed input and using your imagination as if it was your own room !

2 Likes

Awesome yeah it’s a debate in my mind rn hardcore because if I just sucks air in it’s gonna be really cold air …winter time …and I will struggle to maintain heat ither way … but I think I’m going with the negative that’s how I did it in my tent …

Thanks a bunch for putting it all together for me

2 Likes

Only place I’d be able to do holes is the front and the one side but that side only has about 18” of space between the room and the wall

My biggest concern is air really

6 Likes