Greenhighlander grows

I know they are a problem for younger plants, but I’m with you, I don’t see any leaf damage that they are causing currently. I’ll keep an eye out though.

3 Likes

foe. I enjoy seeing them but I don’t want them on my plants. I gently grab them off of my ganja plants and toss them high up into the air. Grasshoppers reflexively take flight at the peak of their “hops.”

so if you throw them, they automatically start flapping their wings before they go into freefall, and it sends them on a little journey. They start flapping and then just kind of coast away. They end up flying longer and farther than they ever could by natural means. It’s a fun and relatively humane way to get them out of my garden.

9 Likes

True Dat!

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

7 Likes

So the bug’s a katydid. Although they eat mostly grass & leaves they’re generally not considered a garden threat.

…back to Koko!

8 Likes

That explains why they look so much different then our other grasshopers .
Thank you for the info :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So I decided the first seeds I would pop would be Wolfpack F2 from a bud that has been sitting in a bowl since I shucked them over a year ago lol I threw in a few super pale immature looking ones for shits and giggles.

24 hours later , a better than I expected germ rate.

17 Likes

Just got done catching up on this thread :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:
I don’t know how I missed it. Fantastic work and documentation!

For the jars that still smell like pinesol, I find getting a strong liquor in there and swishing it around a bit for a few minutes, maybe sit for a day or two, really cleans them out like brand new. Rubbing alcohol would probably work as well but if you use liquor you can make tincture :yum:

9 Likes

48 hours later all 20 Wolfpack F2 have been planted

19 Likes

Koko

The seed from Wolfpack F2 #1

SH

A couple of these were on SH today

Also got what I believe to be my coolest weed plant picture to date . First time I have ever seen one of these on a plant. Was just hanging out on Koko .

29 Likes

Oh my gawd, man. Gorgeous pictures, no doubt. Beautiful to see the weed plants with the little wild flowers blooming around them and the grasshoppers and the frogs haha… Amazing. I’m so fucking envious.

Nature! Haha.

8 Likes

It almost makes growing indoors feel wrong lol

4 Likes

You jest, but you’re not wrong! Haha. It really does make me be like,”Alright, fuck this, let’s sell the house and buy a fucking farm…” haha.

4 Likes

that’s awesome! when I was a kid I had a pet california tree toad that looked a lot like this guy. I found him in the produce section of an organic grocery store, chilling under the lettuce misting sprayer. So they definitely like to hide out in leaves haha.

16 Likes

As far as I know we do not have actual tree frogs here. From the looks of it I am guessing this is what we know here in Nova Scotia as a Spring peeper . They are very numerous and very loud here in the spring.
But seeing as how it was a good 3 ft or so up in the plant maybe it has decided it is indeed a tree frog . I grow fire trees on the gram bro lol Just ask this frog …

This guy was in the grass as well this am

15 Likes

Had to add this guy. Copes tree frog. They like to hang out on my back door.

He’s not the most beautiful one, but he’s definitely better at hiding than his more flashy relatives.

13 Likes

Cherish frogs where you find them, they are getting rare…

Cheers
G

12 Likes

Cool garden!
Congrats for your diary , i learn so much!!

3 Likes

18 Likes

I’m super excited to see those c99! You gonna collect a little pollen to make more? With the changes going on at Peak, it might not hurt to make backups… :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I just hope I find what I did last time I grew these out .
I won’t be collecting pollen this time . But I do have lots of c99 from Mikej that I do plan on doing that with in the future.

8 Likes