Greenhouse humidity question

The humidity overnight in the greenhouse is very high. 80%-90 sometimes. The sides of the greenhouse roll up and I have 2 fans circulating the air. During the night the fans go off and on every couple hours. The night time temps get into the 40’s(Fahrenheit). Should I be running the fans 24/7 or keep them the way it is?

3 Likes

I think it depends on where you are in the 40’s. At 49, I would run the fans no problem. I think when it starts getting a little closer to 40 you might want to consider the humidity over the cold. Do you have a lot longer till harvest? :v:

1 Like

Gotcha. Some plants will be done early october (bog blue kush and bodhi jungle spice) and it looks like late October for the rest

1 Like

I would consider maybe adding a controller like this one to cycle the fan off when temps drop too low:

BN-LINK Digital Cooling Thermostat Controller for Cooling Device Circulation Box Fans 40-108F 8.3A 1000W https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZV591B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5T2yFbWEC1DPK

1 Like

Good call. I use those in my indoor. Temperature and humidity ones

3 Likes

Yeah, hopefully early Oct shouldn’t be too difficult. We’ve already hit 27. The full outdoor plants are pretty pissed. Everything in a greenhouse is still fine.

1 Like

Wow thats pretty cold! I think we’re in for a gnarly winter(michigan).

2 Likes

I tend to agree with you. I feel like we got off pretty easy last year. I’m at 45 N, might be a rough one this year. :v:

1 Like

Yeah man. I also found out this year why selecting genetics that have a short flower time/early flower onset is so critical for outdoor

3 Likes

I am in souther Ontario and its always a cluster fluck on outdoor selections that finish before the crappy weather arrives…Wish i still had my AK47 x MightyMite from 20yrs ago,produced 1 to 2.5lbs a plant massive resin buds and finished outdoors from mid August till 2nd week of September…

2 Likes

Holy smokes! Thats crazy early. Thatd be real nice

1 Like

Mightymite was a fast finisher…I am beginning a fall/winter breeding program,have 10 strains going now and a few strains of auto being sent from members and will be ordering a couple of auto regular seed lines to.Looking to make some fast finishers and auto crosses.i will keep you in the loop👍

This is MightyMite x AK47 AK X mighty Might i found a seedbank that still has MightyMite 10 seeds for $100 so at months end i will be ordering a pack and pick the best male and female to breed with the 9excellent strains i have going now on my indoor grow log.Plus the autos that are mailed out to me from kind folks here…will be sharing the beans around to all.

4 Likes