Greenleaf Nutrients MEGA CROP Q&A/Support/Pictures/Feedback/Anything thread

If you look at the screen shot I posted it’s calculated at 140 gal per watering (70) plants meaning to try his product for a full run a 300 gram bag would be like pissing in the wind to put out the California wild fires ,pointless !

Not sure I’m getting the full jist of the post if there looking at getting there product out into the hands of larger users then provide enough to get a handle on the product and it’s ease of use! if I calculated correctly 600 grams per feed base and 140 per feed of cal/mag ?

My current nutrient cost runs 6/$700.00 a cycle ,it may look like I’m wanting a free hand out not the case ! I’d love to cut feed costs but I refuse to single out a few plants and experiment there outcome with my current setup!

Doing a full room complete start to finish comparing results is the only fair way of determining if the product is superior to my feed scenario!

It’s a great offer just not great for someone running larger setups, Shiska

1 Like

The cost is relatively inexpensive in quantity. For twenty pounds (9900g), it’s currently $55.50 + S/H. Shipping to a US address is less than $20.

Although, crossing borders the shipping is currently a bit pricey.

Yes shipping from US to Canada is not cheap , worked for a US company that manufactured a grow medium often shipping ground with a trucking company was the only option to Canada seen several $500.00 shipping bills UPS has to be the worst! We opened a CDN warehouse to cut cost to consumers in Canada so greenleaf is on the right track!

My main objective was to have the powers that be see my post and to not forget about the larger medicinal growers out there ! My current nutrient provider got my business by a sample run of there products !

To be honest I’d of never switched if they weren’t interested in securing my concerns and pricing options 40% off retail sure helps when standing at the till with a stack of brown ones !

Any serious supplier of a product wanting the lions share of the market sometimes needs to bite the bullet and take a risk ! I’m sure in the 2 years I worked selling grow medium I handed out over 1000 lbs alone not counting the pallets handed out at grow shows around the country !

Once established and having a customer base word of mouth sells just my 2 cents .shiska

2 Likes

Sorry, I didnt/dont see anything about gallons in that screen shot, so I was confused.

So, how large a free sample are you after? You really need to run it for a whole grow to know how well it will work for you. If you water every two days, at 140 gals per watering, thats 70 gallons/day. At 5 gm/gallon, thats 350 gms/day of product. A full grow would be what - at least 70 days or so? So you are looking for 25 kg/55 pounds for free?

1 Like

Sorry your right looks like it got cut off at the top of the chart!
Your figures look correct ,not expecting a 60 lb bag from Santa with no background from me!

It’s tough out there to make a go when passing free samples and having people disappear once they procure the product ,we seen that with the grow medium but also secured some great customers that more than made up for the dead beats that were just doing a free grab !

Not sure if you’ve ever been to a trade show and seen the shopping carts of freebee merchandise being carted out the door ,to have them return on day 2 and do it all over again ! I’ve been on both sides of the table and totally understand your comments !

2 Likes

Balance. Not speaking for Greenleaf but consider it from the supplier’s side.

I had a small business. Was around for, ughh, 15 years or so. In that profession, 90% of the clients that start-off with wanting substantial product risk-free up-front (stuff that costs us time and money) while promising riches, “disappear” once they receive the goods. There are a whole variety of reasons for that. Sometimes it’s not entirely their fault. But, never-the-less, the time and money would end-up coming out of our pocket.

The only way we, the business, can manage that risk is to provide enough information so that the potential customer can make a decision as to whether it’ll be in their interest to contract with us. What we provide may include small samples or a previously generated artifact, references, or negotiating favorable contractual terms that would work for both us and them.

Even for mega-corps that haven’t done business with us in the past, we are careful about giving away too much. In some case, we may negotiate a short term contract to “prove” ourselves while the client agrees to pay us for that work/material. On the other-hand, if there is an already established business relationship, things can become a bit more “flexible”. There are many stories I could tell about passing risk around.

Both sides want zero risk. In business, risk is a shared proposition.

If you are a large operation, perhaps try contacting them directly to see if you can work out a deal. Usually, those type of agreements will not occur publicly otherwise everyone would want the same “deal”.

7 Likes

@ShiskaberrySavior personally I would want to test it out on maybe 2 or 3 plants first. lol

4 Likes

LOL Excellent point! Do you really want to risk an entire grow that size?

1 Like

This ^^, but I would still want to try it on a small scale first like @Meesh pointed out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just a word of caution, these salts work fairly well in drain to waste…but in a recirculating CAPP Ebb/ Flow it mucked my whole system up after three months use and cost me a grow basically. I’m not knocking the product, but the precipitate and oils that gather in the all the pumps, lines, rez’s and individual pots were a nightmare to clean…ended up having to replace pumps and lines…and it took a bit to get all my gear cleaned up…and that cost me a lot of money, way more than I was saving using this product. I’m back to my secret formula…wont ever change again. Period.

7 Likes

I emailed for a sample a couple months ago, but haven’t heard back yet. I was just wondering, would it be worth switching from maxibloom to MC? MC sounds like a great one part, and with the added organics and everything, but my coco grow hasn’t looked better since switching to maxibloom. I can now use my tap water with the maxi and that has saved me a lot of time and money. I just think flowers would taste better probably using MC instead of MB?

1 Like

Valuable info @Kraven my man. I hand water everything so it works out for me. I typically will have 3 strains growing and find myself mixing feed by the gallon at times to manage their needs. I usually have no left over mix after feeding. Thanks for the review.
Much Respect
:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

FWIW, I think you can order a 300gram sample directly on their website using the coupon MEGACROPPROMO. Just need to pay for shipping.

2 Likes

Several have noticed the precipitate and have had similar concerns. I haven’t seen the oils, though. Could you tell us more?

1 Like

have any pictures of clogging ?

1 Like

I was so frustrated that no sir I didn’t take pictures, it was just the gunky brown muck that precipitates out of the mix. There is some sorta oily film that covers the rez’s and feed buckets. The product simply didn’t work in my application so I returned back to the previous regime and my girls look as good as they always have, not dissing the product, just relating my experiences. :peace:

7 Likes

It was probably some bacteria or algae growth that can feed off the organics in MEGA CROP

4 Likes

Thanks @Northern_Loki! I am going to go check this out right now.

1 Like

cant use pre-paid visa gift cards to order :rage::cry:

My Alien Rift run is looking super. I’m going on week 8 of bloom and the girls look great. I see some brown stuff on the res walls, but it wipes off with a sponge. Hasn’t been a problem. I’m going to keep using MC.