Greenleaf Nutrients MEGA CROP Q&A/Support/Pictures/Feedback/Anything thread

The depending on your pot size and plant size the 750 will last you a couple 3 or 4 cycles

3 Likes

That’s great! Plan on using it with 2 plants for my next grow!

For autoflowers do you know if people follow the same feed guide? Or do you cut back a bit.

2 Likes

Same guide but test your plants needs and adjust accordingly… some autos like being fed more rather than less

3 Likes

I’ll have to order the V2 bag. I liked the response my plants had, but being repeatedly told to add calmag makes me want to use v2 ASAP :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Very nice that you are offering a promo again. That being said I wasn’t smart enough to figure out how to get the 750g for free so just ended up buying another 9.9kg bag even though I’m only halfway through my first one. Why not!? It’s super affordable and I can just share the love.

Really glad there is some stock in different countries now some of us won’t have to cringe at those shipping prices. Look forward to trying the new formula.

I know MC contains silica but it would be nice to have a separate silica (SiO2) product like there is for kelp. (the npk industries one is way too expensive) Just thinking out loud!

3 Likes

You want to add more Silica (Si) ? You think there should be higher amounts in MEGA CROP, or are you just saying for people who do not use MEGA CROP might want to have a separate supplement ?

Would be nice to have the option to add more or add separately like kelp. They are both already in MC but I find it beneficial to have them both separate as well. Or is the new MC 2.0 loaded with so much that any extra would be detrimental to the plant? I’ve been using npk industries silica product with pretty good results but due to the price where I’m at, once I run out I’ll either stop using it or have to find a new product as it costs $50 CAD for only a 8oz pouch.

Was just really thinking out loud after I noticed your kelp product was much cheaper and offered in larger sizes than mostly everywhere I could find so I thought to myself wouldn’t it be nice if there was a SI02 product that didn’t cost an arm and a leg!

1 Like

Most of our research showed the levels we included to be pretty safe and “sweet spot” for silica, at .15% SiO2. What level did you want to use? Also, regarding kelp, hopefully we have some updates on that soon.

7 Likes

Don’t know what percentage I use but have always added about a half gram of the npk product to to nutrient solution before everything else and sometimes in the water only between feedings. With my limited gardening knowledge and anecdotal findings it seems to be beneficial, although like you said, I could just be adding more when no more needs to be added. Having the option might be nice though. Not sure if different plants have different silica appetites like ca+mg.

Silica or not, with the international distribution and prices affordable enough that you can use it in your outside garden, you have me as a loyal customer. I’ll be along for the ride to make MC the best 1 part for cannabis.

3 Likes

Love the new packaging. Going to switch my hempy girls to the new formula today or tomorrow. Now I need to figure out what to do with 20lbs of the old formula.

2 Likes

Thank you for the sample @GreenleafNutrients! Switching over today. What are the white chunks? Just curious.

3/4 tsp in a gallon gave me 600 ppm.

Is the samples V2 or V1? More specifically the 300g sample sizes.

Also I noticed big chunks in the mix. What is the nutrient analysis mixed 20g or so at a time? Is it pretty close to the label?

Stuff is very gunky and dusty as others have mentioned.

1 Like

All Mega Crop is the new formula now. Last of the old one (2018 version) went out of stock December 15th.

6 Likes

Is the Canadian stock the new formula?

Edit: missed the post directly above mine saying that it is… I’ll go smoke another one lol

2 Likes

Mine came in the new bag and new size; my guess is that it is

4 Likes

I have a question for the Mega Crop folks and UV sterilization.

Im going to add a UV sterilizer to my HPA system to combat algae I have in my water and just floating around in the air.

From what I have read, the UV unit can cause iron chelates to precipitate out of solution and cause iron deficiencies.

Iron stability has also been an important concern in UV sterilization for a while. This is because UV irradiation of chelated iron species can destabilize and destroy the chelate, leading to non-chelated forms of iron that can much more readily precipitate from solution. The image below - taken from this article - shows the degradation of 3 different Fe chelates at pH values of a (3.0) and b (6.0) as a function of time. Note that the fact that free Fe is generated does not mean that the Fe is precipitated but merely that the chelate has been destroyed, which is the first step before the Fe can precipitate. From this it is clear that different chelates have very different stabilities and in this case chelate i-Fe-EDDHA had the largest stability while other chelates had much poorer stability against UV radiation.

What type of iron chelate do you guys use? Im trying to figure out if I will need to buy a supplement after adding the UV unit. I cant tell from your list of ingredients on the website if what you use is the more stable type of iron or something different.

Thanks!

1 Like

What type of iron chelate do you guys use?

Amino acid

3 Likes

I have no clue what an amino acid is, but it sounds like its not the same as i-Fe-EDDHA?

Can you guys offer any suggestions on how to do doseing to replace any iron that did precipitate?

If we assume (bad idea I know, but have to start someplace) that all of the iron in your mix did precipitate out of solution, can you help me figure out how much of an additive like this one I would need to add to replace it?

https://www.amazon.com/Grow-More-6546-Chelate-1-Pound/dp/B00BWE2CUE/ref=asc_df_B00BWE2CUE/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=193150648923&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16669521158454626429&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9033428&hvtargid=aud-466606931481:pla-362798860007&psc=1

This stuff looks like it is 6% - I am assuming by weight.

If I had that number I would know the max needed as an upper limit.

just follow the instructions, but I wouldn’t add any extra Iron unless you are noticing deficiencies related to that

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for the help!!

1 Like