Greenleaf Nutrients MEGA CROP Q&A/Support/Pictures/Feedback/Anything thread

Hello Happyhamp, you may know already, I just noticed that Greenleaf Nutrients has their product available on Amazon.ca, free shipping in Canada if you are prime member.

2 Likes

:wink:

10 Likes

Celtic Stone from @gardentroll beginning of 8th week in flower. Raised on MegaCrop

16 Likes

Very nice buzzmobile looks like we got the DD pheno woot

awesome fosure .
I guess I’ll have to wait on the smoke report

thanks for posting

Peace GT

4 Likes

I got my sample of Mega Crop V2 - THANKS!! - and just now opened it up to give it a try in my HPA system.

The new Mega Crop is chunkier than the old stuff. V1 had little hard little balls of something, then most of the rest was fine powder. The new stuff doesnt have the same balls, but does have random sized white chunks of something.

That concerned me at first, because I normally only add a few grams - 5 to 10 maybe - to the rez at a time when Im mixing. Trying to get equal amounts of all the chunky stuff - in the proper ratios - into a small scoop just isnt practical. One time I would get no chunky stuff, and the next time a bunch.

So I took a large scoop - about 60 grams - and dissolved that into about 3/4 of a quart of RO water. It took two or three minutes of shaking/mixing, but it all dissolved ok. Then I added small amounts of that mix to the rez until the EC was where I wanted it. This worked just fine.

Just wanted to let folks know if they are also mixing small amounts like I do, that you can pre-mix very concentrated solutions if need be. This should make for more uniform levels of ‘stuff’ in the mix.

Edit: Almost forgot - I think V2 smells better (less) than V1 - or maybe my nose is just too used to it :smiley:

13 Likes

I used the new version for the first time this week. Couldn’t figure out what those white things were either, they dissolved for me as well, just took a minute…

I still think it smells like ass! lol

6 Likes

Almost forgot… I dig the new packaging, it actually seals so no clumpy humidity chunks anymore and I appreciate the measuring scoop inside.

7 Likes

yeah! If there is no dust or powder along the sealing edge, it will seal 100% airtight. If there is dust or powder, you can flick it off and should come right out and seal up easy

9 Likes

I have some seedlings that are about 3 weeks old. I started feeding them 2 waterings ago with mega crop at 500ppm and 6ph but they’re still quite light in color and look a bit hungry…

I’m nervous to go up much higher… does anyone know what ppm I should roughly go for at this age?

Edit: I followed the feed calculator to get 1gm per 2L which gave me this strength

4 Likes

I’m currently feeding mine Megacrop at around 1.2 EC (600ppm on my meter) and they are doing fine. I feed everything at that strength actually, from seed to flush. It ends up around pH 5.7 with my water, which works for coco. Mine are still a little light in color, but that’s normal and I’m confident they’ll darken up over time.

So long as they are growing well and looking relatively happy, I wouldn’t worry too much.

6 Likes

Cool thanks. So you find even young seedlings will take 600ppm without problems?

2 Likes

I usually go lighter for pure sativa strains, but everything else I grow does pretty well at that concentration even as seedlings. Did the same thing when I was using Jack’s 3-2-1 in coco, always worked out fine for me.

5 Likes

Good to know. I was hoping to have a rough baseline to work from. Thanks!

1 Like

These FDM Cinderella Mix seedlings are only approximately a week old. They are young enough that they probably don’t need hardly any feed at all yet, but I’ve watered them twice with Mega Crop at 600ppm anyways and they seem like they are handling it just fine (sorry for the crappy pic, I don’t have a real camera).

On the other hand, these plants were also fed with Mega Crop at around 600ppm throughout their entire life cycle, from seed to flush…

12 Likes

That’s so awesome. Dialed in! I’m definitely excited for my first round with mega crop.

4 Likes

yeah, you can dial in the feeding, just make the changes relatively slowly on your first run. The way plant nutrients work, you might not be able to tell the full extent of changes you make until 2-3 weeks later, so if you raise too fast eventually even if things look good in the short term, you can get overdosing problems down the road. So slow but steady on your first run do the adjustments, then on your second run you should have a really good idea of dosing and can make more confident adjustments.

8 Likes

Good advice, thanks!

2 Likes

I give mine 5gr/gal from 2nd leaves to flush. I like it.
:cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

Wow, ya I’m at 2gr per gallon. I’m so used to chem nutes, I guess I don’t have to be so overly careful with this stuff!

3 Likes

Not at all. I’ve been as high as 9-10 gr/gal in previous grows with no burn. I just dialed it in and found that my best growth is at 5gr/gal from start to finish. Good stuff.
:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes