Greenleaf Nutrients MEGA CROP Q&A/Support/Pictures/Feedback/Anything thread

i’m very heavy feeder, i think i was up to 14g per gallon of MC with no burning

3 Likes

11 Likes

I’m kinda interested in this Mega Crop nute, but anybody has used it in a hydroponic system?

If one uses it in hydro, how often should they dump the res? I wouldn’t want to waste nutes as its money down the drain to dump, so just thinking could I just top up with new solution every now and then and only fully change maybe every month or so?

Thinking that I would veg for a month or 6 weeks, then change, then flower for a month, change, flower for three more weeks, last change, chop at 9-10 weeks?

What do you guys think?

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.

2 Likes

I used it exclusively in my last grow, 5 gallon res with blumat drippers. I never had to dump the res, as it would only last about 5-7 days. A quick wash and refill was all I had to do.

There’s a post i’ll dig up real quick…
AH! Here it is
Stable in the res (Holds PH well, and doesn’t smell really bad at res change time), easy to dissolve, and cheap.

I would highly recommend it. To the just topping off? I’d say if you add a bit of H202 (like 1/4 tsp) every “top off” with monthly washes you’d be fine. Just don’t do like me an contaminate your own res because you were being lazy and didn’t wash a transfer container out fully haha.

4 Likes

I will be only using rockwool as the lil medium in the netpot that will be mounted on a 70l bucket, so I don’t have to fear about contamination.

Actually thinking that would the nute benefit from https://greenleafnutrients.com/product/sweet-candy/ or is it unusable in DWC?

Someone on another forum had said, I quote: “Sweet Candy has high amounts of carbohydrates/sugars, so it can cause fungus/mold/rotting issues if mixed in with the main formula”

PS. 483 posts on that thread you posted? Maybe you should be writing books instead of growing. :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s why I linked directly to the post by hydrored hahahaha

And I could write a book but I’d need a damn good editor lol

6 Likes

just wondering if the large bag (22lb) is resealable? last time i left my lil sample bag open a bit and it absorbed moisture from the enviro and it got all clumpy and stuff

2 Likes

I dumped my sample into a Tupperware container with a tight fitting lid.

For 22 pounds, you might consider putting a portion into a smaller container with a lid for regular use and the rest in a larger sealed container.

4 Likes

yes you’re right i’ll need to find a sealable container to fit it great idea! thanks

3 Likes

You can seal the 22lb bag with a chip clip type thing, or a few clothespins. There is an outer and inner bag. The inner bag doesn’t have a zipper, but when not using it you can clothespin/chip clip it.

Although, this works here with low humidity. I am not sure if this will work as well with higher humidity. The next best option is to have a dedicated container to dump it into. Like a 5gal bucket with lid, or tupperware, or anything that can be sealed. We would include one with the order, but that type of thing doubles shipping costs, so you can find it much cheaper @ Walmart!

4 Likes

cool wasn’t sure if it was like the 230g bag but large, will get sealing container

2 Likes

bags looks like this. This is 2 of them side by side

3 Likes

Here are some shots from flower and veg rooms. I have been feeding 6g (1 tsp)/gallon on every watering. I add epsom salt @ 1/4tsp/gallon in veg and first two weeks of flower. pH to 6.0 and plants are in a peat moss, pine bark, perlite soilless mix by Berger BM-7.

MEGACROP is working in my rooms.
:smiley:

20 Likes

Those are looking amazing @buzzmobile - I’m starting a megacrop grow now. Just germinated.

4 Likes

Megacrop’s killin it in my cab.

13 Likes

Thank you, @KingGhidora. Be sure to follow the feed chart. I went heavily on mature plants to correct a deficiency. I like the ease of use and its solubility. Another ‘be sure’ is to keep the bag well sealed. The Megacrop will attract moisture.

3 Likes

Will do, thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

couple pics fed @ 4 grams per gallon now reducing grams per gallon till reaches 2 grams and holding til harvest

11 Likes

My MegaCrop girls at about 6 weeks of flower lighting…feeding now about 8 or 9 grams per gallon…
These are growing in half gallon cloth pots full of coco chips…the 10 gallon reservoir is under the cabinet and gets pumped to the top of each pot and drains back down…feeding 3 times per day for 10 minutes each…

13 Likes