Greetings from Toronto

Hey everyone my name is Cory and I hail from Toronto, I’ve been lurking for a few weeks now, and I’ve setup my 4 x 4 tent, cool tube w 250 MH for veg and 1000 w hps, I’m greatful for the plethora of information here at OG, and I look forward to sharing with the community.

13 Likes

11 Likes

Welcome to OG .

1 Like

Thank you Floyd

1 Like

Welcome. Nice set up. I have found there is a load of good information on here from lots of friendly people. Nice looking plants.

5 Likes

Thanks Old-Ron I appreciate the encouragement.

4 Likes

Welcome! I was born and raised in Toronto, did a few years in Calgary, now live in BC.

Looking at your tent, I’d recommend that you make or buy a reflector to go over the top of your cool tube to reflect the light downward.

Happy growing!

6 Likes

Agreed Spek, I believe the cool tube came w a reflector but I can’t seem to find it, cheers!

3 Likes

The ones you see in the picture are some bag seed from Blue Diesel, I also have some Champagne and Cali Gold bag seed started in peat pods in my propagator, and I’ve started some red pepper seeds.

9 Likes

9 Likes

So far so good. It’s cool to see people still rocking thousand watters, the ‘big block’ of lights :+1:

3 Likes

Lol thanks Beacher, I thought about LED… We’ll see lol… as long as heat isn’t an issue I’ll keep rockin \m/

2 Likes

LEDs really are amazing, but there’s something about that blinding orange light that is very comforting haha. You should be fine with the cool tube, do you have a carbon scrubber hooked into it?

3 Likes

I haven’t had to activate the exhaust fan with the 250 w, temps are 77-78, but yes a new carbon filter is on the way.

2 Likes

Oh nice, if that’s the case then you should be totally fine with the 1000. That’s really good, sounds like you’ve got a perfect spot.

2 Likes

Looking nice and healthy, you might get away with lowering that light a bit more. They seem a little stretched but I have never grown that strain, so they may be like that naturally. Have you grown these out before?

1 Like

Hi Cory! Welcome to OverGrow

Nice setup you have there. You are going to do some great work in that tent.

There seems to be a growing group of us in the GTA. Too bad for the Corona restrictions
we could have done some cool barbecues this summer.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Hey Gpaw thanks for the welcome, I look forward to meeting the Torontonians, I’m getting another tent, and will be selecting a Dos Di Dos or Lemon Skunk mother in the near future.

2 Likes

I haven’t, their bag seed, I’m just dialing this formula in, I believe I could use new bulbs as well.

1 Like

Be sure to explore OG when the mood strikes you as we have some interesting and informative threads. There’s a busy stream of projects on the go right now, are lots of knowledgeable folks that can answer questions.

Enjoy!! :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

4 Likes