Grow light 250w

How much electricity do you think a 100w or a 250w florescent would run up an electricity bill by how much?

How much are you running up your electricity bill by running high pressure sodium , metal halide or leds ?

1 Like

I turned my lamps on ad the bill run up an extra $40, two lamps, the 600W and the 200W COBs…

Roughly I’d count with 10% overhead to their output… calculation of monthly costs is easy…

number of hours per day x 30 days x output (in kw) x price per kwh

How much do you guys pay for kilowatt hour?

In Europe it ranges from 10 to 20 US cents…

3 Likes

Would also mention running a timer unless controlled manually by cutting out the electricty climate control or an ac unit.

Salutations,

Honestly i’d be much more focussed about dispatching timer information than about my electric bill, but that was before when i still had that option anyway. Yet if the motive is electrical fingerprints then please consider this:

We can safely expect this just wouldn’t be suitable for regular “photo” (season-sensitive) genetics, on another hand “AutoFems” would have little difficulty surviving such treatment at all.

The idea here is to spread an electric load evenly throughout time in order to mute the timer’s barking which gets recorded in 3 dimmensions by logging meters; these are sending out a signal with the precision of a crystal-controlled astronomical metronome controlling hundreds of Watts - which is great if you want to be visible from the moon…

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Non-standard Light Cycles

An estimate for 250 watts would be around 15 -20 dollars. (probably a little less) If you live in the heat you can add 10 dollars or so more for ventilation. (everything is estimated, it is not factual)

Edit: Tack on a bit more if you are in California.

1 Like

Wow I don’t know how much is that compared to a refrigerator

what is your kilowatt per hour price like is it .10 cents .15 cents per kilowatt hour

1 Like

Where can you read a kilowatt per hour on an electric bill?

1 kilowat is 1000 watts so a 250w flourescent uses 250w per hour so lets say your kilowatt per hour is .12 cents ok so your flourescent uses 1000w every four hours so this means it would be .12 cents per fourhours you have it turned on

1 Like

umm mine is on the back you may want to call just to ask it should be on there tho

im posting a pic of the back of my elec bill that explains how power is measured etc for you so you know exactly what your spendinng etc no just guesses not taking shot at people that did there prolly pretty acurate but this is the way to get a approx reading

@shroomgod Look on the bill where it breaks down the cost. One should be electrical usage and that one will have your usageĂ—price per kWh
The other will show you the cost to get it there aka a delivery charge but should be separate, at least this is how my electric company does it.
Follow the numbers

1 Like

you have to wait until it finishes uploading b4 posting !! @shroomgod yes it will be at the price it’ll say amount of kwh x cost per kwh for your total

1 Like

yea my phone is freaking out is said 100 percent or whatever ill just wait a lil bit

1 Like

Salutations ShroomGodCowboy,

Be warned that a refrigerator has a very different signature and the same applies to air conditioning, the stove, etc. So indoors cultivation just ain’t about cost alone as far as i’m concerned.

1 Like

A nextgen console playing Netflix on a flat screen TV is about the same amount of power as a 250w light.
A space heater on for one hour is six hours with a 250w.
An electric stove on for one hour is likely six hours with your light as well.
A clothes washer is likely only two hours with your light, but a clothes dryer for one hour is around 24 hours with your light

4 Likes

Salutations Worcestershire_Farms,

Unfortunately none of those have a same “signature” (or “voice”) when detected on other planes besides power consumption alone. For example:

Ref.:

[ www.mdpi.com/1996-1073/8/7/7407 ]
MDPI: Data Mining Techniques for Detecting Household Characteristics Based on Smart Meter Data (2015-Jul-22)

Which ain’t even fresh rocket science, by the way.

Now consider these systems are even designed to detect leaks outside directly observable readings…

2 Likes

Yo. I love that the dryer (td) is right after the washer, (wm) but again first thing in the morning for the times you forgot to switch the load.

I think I see what you mean, normal devices aren’t being run 12/12 and that leaves a distinct signature in the metadata.

2 Likes