Jaybeezy’s garden

Looks like still to much N to me with all those leaves clawing like that. If its the defoliation it will pick up in 24-48 hours.

Sticking a chop stick in the roots a few times wont hurt them, unless you snapped off the main tap root. The male C99XGHP in my veg tent got 2 inches of roots taken off the the bottom and an inch of the side all the way around, and its leaves were perked up 24 hours later, it just looks very hungry atm.

4 Likes

Amen @Shadey it is too much N. Plant looks healthy other than that. If I was you @Jaybeezy23 I’d look at your bottles of feed and whichever one has the most N in the mix just drop that a ML down should get em back on track.

3 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking: yeah :disappointed:. I think i added too much one shot I’ve already taken the N out of my feeds the passed 3 or 4 feedings. And will continue to do so i got a blend of 4 bottles I’m working with for this week then it’s back to the normal feeding schedule minus Medusa’s magic and Athena’s Amina’s. But she is only 5 days in flower so hopefully by week 3 she will have used up most of the nitrogen. not much i can do besides take a slurry test and make an decision bone meal flush or just taking out all
The N

2 Likes

Its getting more enticing isn’t it :sunglasses:

It works fine inside for me. That micro environment just keeps getting better. You say you like the bottle stuff because its more interesting, and you like to tinker with it. You can do exactly the same with no till, you can make it very scientific if you want. You get to play chemistry with animal crap, and other lovely ingredients, instead of bottles of refined crap you add to water haha.

Its virtually impossible to burn your plants, I have come close to N toxicity though a couple of times, from teas boosting the bacteria a bit much, but its usually because I have my RH low, causing the plant to uptake too much in the water. My cover crops provide about 90% of my N.

With the Hog and Sebs Rev they are starting to get a little Calcium deficient I noticed today, just lower fans yellowing up. So they got a top dressing of a bit more Gypsum this morning and I might give them a drop of cal mag on the next watering while the Gypsum breaks down.

2 Likes

@Shadey it’s very interesting no doubt about it. I may give it a shot down the road but now I like my bottles :relieved:.
I got lots to learn about no till and how to build it up and no doubt it’s good for indoors just in my eyes it seems more
Like an outdoor thing that you can just LIFTA and come back when it’s done haha. I gotta learn what all these soil ingredients do and how they react and all that it’s gna take a while for i get distracted very easy when reading things

I was watching a viewer questions video with Scott Ostrander and apparently he’s drank all his nutrients he wouldn’t recommend it but they’re that safe i guess lol :joy:

2 Likes

Well i gave her what the feeding schedule called for yesterday minus 2 bottles and topped her off with some fresh soil

I think she’s using up that nitrogen I’m not noticing the problem spread yeah she’s dark but…don’t be racist :rofl:

No I’m workin on the nitrogen i fed her a gallon 3 days ago and watered 2 days later and got a lil bit of run off so maybe i should give less than a gallon every 2 days?

3 Likes

She is still on a razors edge lol, I would keep the same amount of water, it may flush out some of the N with the run off.

2 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking: fair enough @Shadey lol

I done fucked up tho. Lights go off at 530. I was playin some Xbox and was like hey it’s 430 i should go close everything up get her ready for bed…6 rolls around and i never got up to close up the tent :sob::sob:

I think she’ll be fine but fuuuuuuuck

1 Like

Now and again lights on or off won’t hurt. I found 3 of the buttons on the timer were down in the middle of the cycle for my flower plants Monday morning. There was a squirrel in my work shop, I store sunflower seeds near where the timer sits, I think it knocked it off the shelf trying to get into the container, and some button’s got knocked down when it landed on the handle bars of my motorcycle. It was only one night, so hopefully, no problem. I occasionally forget to blow out my tiki light, CO2 generator, in the FR. Shit happens lol.

2 Likes

Bahaha dude at least you got a good reason! @Shadey and it wasn’t pure laziness or forgetfulness. You just straight up didn’t know. But the other stuff not sure haha yeah shit happens but everyone freaks out about pin holes in tents but i personally don’t think that affects them that much because i by no means have a 100% light proof tent but have successfull grows so idk haha

I was just caught up building bases and mining minerals on different planets (astroneer is the game)

I effin love squirrels but got dang them sometimes haha :laughing:

1 Like

1 week of flowering

5 Likes

Regardless of your troubles you’ve got me rubbing my hands together @Jaybeezy23 things look good just be sure to defoliate more losers by around week 3. I dare say there is still a lot of lowers that will not get light but you’ll only see after she’s stretched a bit. Just go easy with the nitrogen you cannot cut it out all together as your plant still needs it just be modest with the nitrogen side of your feed :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Thank you @Explorer that means a lot! You came in here like “i tried some other fancy bullshit and it’s garbage blah blah blah” :stuck_out_tongue:

Look at me now :slight_smile: hahaha I’m just teasing ya it is different from traditional lines using calcium as the main source of delivery of nutes.

For me this is the hard part lol cutting off budsites she’s already shot up giving me a good idea of what to cut off

3 Likes

Still got more work to do but i do t wanna stress her out too
Much so i think a day or two to recover then back at it

3 Likes

I still stick to that statement you only had 1 imagine if you had like 4 pain in the arse problems to deal with. But I’m a coco guy so it’s simple shit compared to this soil stuff. I mean it though you’re doing good bro

3 Likes

That’s fine i respect that @Explorer haha. Everyone gardens different i looked into coco two grows ago…the fact that I’d have to Water daily i was a nah right away lol

But yeah i know right haha I’d probably be like fuck this line dealing with more than 1 problem but i think i get the basics of it and if i stick with this line then they have stuff for increasing oil production and terps and for me a lot of what i enjoy about flower is the taste

But i most likely will stick with my 8 bottles (including pH up liquid lime stone) Scott Ostrander said the 6 bottles is all your really need and he doesn’t use anything other than the 6 bottles unless he’s looking for a specific trait to pop out like flavor aroma oil production or weight. I personally think this is some cool stuff. Hopefully next run will be much smoother. I plan on adding some one shot with my seedlings so I’m not having to feed right away.

I had a nightmare that i opened my tent and the mites we’re back but a million times worse webs everywhere visible mites all over the place ugh bahaha

2 Likes

Gave Her a bloom tea this morning NPK 1-0-3 yeah yeah nitrogen lol but i think we’re over that it’s been the same since flowering idk well just wait and see haha and i took off more lower budsites I’ll snap a pic later today after work.

So far this grow has gone so much better than previous grows probably because of y’all on OG and Scott Ostrander and experience from my other grows I’ve got the watering down for sure it was always a struggle for me.

1 Like

Were comin up on two weeks here in 3 days lower leaves are dark like nitro tox but i really dont think it’s a problem anymore the new growth looks like a good green to me still going to be leaving out nitrogen till week 3? Or 4 whenever she stretches again if i think she needs it.

HEY @cannabissequoia haven’t heard from ya how’s she lookin. This cross seems to be solid man good job so far and i can’t thank you enough for sending these seeds.

6 Likes

Like I said before bro keep giving her it she still needs it just cut back a minuscule amount so she isn’t hungry either and you’ll be fine honestly. Looks good though mate are you gunna leave her tied down all the way through?

2 Likes

She’s still getting nitrogen from the one shot i put in so that’s why I’m leaving majority of it for now. the ez tea bloom N rating is 1 the Gaia mania has an N rating of 1 and one shot is 3. So i guess we’ll just see what happens haha.
But we are coming up to 4 weeks of the one shot being in the soil so I’m not sure how much longer it’ll be delivering a sufficient amount of nitrogen maybe a question for Scott ostrander i planned on checking in with him tomorrow anyway.

Wait @Explorer …Are you not suppose to leave them tied down? I always have haha

2 Likes