Jaybeezy’s garden

It doesn’t look very happy as it is so topping her could be her the final straw. It could be a couple of things but it just screams overwatering. How far away are your lights from the plant and what does your temp rest at?

2 Likes

@Explorer

Right on no training.

I transplanted then over watered like 3/4ths a gallon my thinking behind doing that was i don’t want the soil to become hydrophobic so i wet the whole medium and going from a solo cup to a 3 gallon pot probably wasn’t the best idea.

well i quickly learned thru this experience that less water more often is better than more water less often.

My light is 21 inches away today it’s 65 degrees as it is full blown snowing outside it’s usually in the low 70s

4 Likes

Here’s my suggestion as I looked back in the thread 8D today it’s been since you transplanted and overwatered. I would move your blurple way closer than 21”. A 600W HPS can be within 12” of a plant and not burn it so I would move the light to a minimum of 12” away from the plants top. Then I would give it some PHed water and light feed. Or no feed I’m not a soil guy so I can’t say whether or not it’s getting enough nourishment from your soil.

If you can get a snap of it in normal light it would be easier to see what the issue with her is. Cant see her in the blurple properly. Deffo move the light way closer.

4 Likes

Possible it’s shocked from the transplant? In that case I’d use less light and let those roots build up. Then put the light closer… I’m a noob, just my opinion.

4 Likes

I moved the light down it’s most definitely not getting enough nourishment right now like i said before this is a whole new line for me nectar for the gods soil and nutes I’ll take it out and get some Normal lighting pics in a bit I got some spots. But you’re saying feed it before it completely dries?

As @George had pointed out it could be possible root rot from overwatering idk ive never had to go more than 5 days without watering so now being 8 days it’s a tad alarming

3 Likes

That’s definitely a part of it but i messed up and gave way too much water :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Oh okay: well hope she pulls through for you!

2 Likes

I appreciate the info man

1 Like

Depending how moist the soil is below a couple of inches. I wouldn’t say root rot just yet think it’s a little quick for root rot but how long did you have it in the plastic cup? Was there drainage holes in the bottom of that cup? when you transplanted what colour would you describe your roots?

1 Like

@Explorer here’s some pics

3 Likes

Soil isn’t that moist anymore i dug a finger in there and till my knuckle and id say it’s pretty dry.

In the cup from sprout 2 weeks 3 days i transplanted the 12th and gave a little bit of water and i mean like 8oz then the 14th over watered it which started this haha but the roots were white.

1 Like

Well I read up in your thread that @ReikoX said your soil is possibly hot so I don’t want to say give it a feed I would just water it again but only give it like, 500ml so half of a litre. Spread around the centre so try cover as much of the top around the plant with that water, so if it is overwatering you’re not pouring it directly on roots and if it needs the water the roots will go searching for it :+1:

4 Likes

Yes he did say that haha but nectar number4 soil is gentle here’s what’s on their site i went from fox farms happy frog to nectar #4 soil

2 Likes

I know nish about soil bro :man_shrugging: Iunno, feed it? :rofl:

3 Likes

Well i gave her what the feeding schedule called for lol so i guess when i get home I’ll see if she’s the same or worse lol i hope she perks up soon

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers:t2: Fingers crossed for ya man let us know how she is :+1:

3 Likes

BOOM

i see improvement

11 Likes

Leaves have darkened up top which is a good sign. And the stem looks to of fattened up a bit up top. Definitely looks happier. How much liquid did you give her? As I suggested or?

Oh and did you move the light down to around 12”?

2 Likes

Let’s see if she prays soon! I finally had that happen on one of my plants and it felt great.

Glad she’s alright. Nice color also.

3 Likes

I gave her 750ml lil more than you suggested and i got the light at 15 inches above.

Thanks man for the suggestions and advice i appreciate it crazy seeing an improvement in about 12 hours also yessss the stem fattened up real nice

4 Likes