Jaybeezy’s garden

@cannabissequoia yeah i germed another when i thought i was going to lose this plant or Incase it was male

Always jumping the gun i might see if i can put the seedling outside

For sure I’ll up pot today i see what you’re sayin thanks man! You’ve been a mighty big help

1 Like

Went to go transplant in a 5 gallon pot… can’t find any of them i had like 2 or 3 guess I’ll be making a trip to my local hydro shop
I may have tossed them cuz of salt build up :thinking:

I requested some samples for cultured bilogix tea and i can’t wait to try it out

1 Like

Honestly kinda embarrassed about this one but here’s my seedling surprised it’s not dead seeing how it’s been 21 days since it broke soil and still this small and mangled looking it’s suffering from over and under watered stunned growth i think

Goin to the hydro shop after work today to grab a 5 gallon pot…thing that kinda confuses me is some ppl are saying up pot ASAP aside from @cannabissequoia others say the roots will air prune and it’ll be fine. :thinking: i guess it really depends on how much longer the plant is going to be in the pot.(thinking to myself) haha and then there’s the solo cup challenge i keep seeing and I’m just like how

1 Like

I would use a medium that is easier to control than this nectar of the gods at this point. That is your issue mate nothing you’re doing is wrong you’re following their feed schedule using their product and it’s bumming you right in the pooper.

I made this mistake previous I spent loads of money on fancier stuff to get shit results. I honestly believe it’s that soil that’s your problem mate up potting will not help that plant anyway shape or form and will most likely stunt it by weeks not days if it even survived a transplant. Just my opinion though :man_shrugging::+1:

4 Likes

@Explorer Yeah i can see that good thing i only got samples lol except the soil obviously can’t get samples of that but i did have better runs with happy frog and ocean forest. Now that you mention it

Makes me think :thinking: they talk a lot about microbes like the line seems like it depends on it.

when i was using the other soil no one said anything about microbes. Chlorine kills them so maybe I’m not letting the water sit and I’m killing the microbes

2 Likes

IMHO it’s the medium mate I have done similar things, my first run ever was using canna coco coir with biobizz nutrients I blew a load of money buying their full line but that’s more for soil even though it says it can be used in any medium/system. I ran a 600W HPS for 6 weeks and had plants looking like they’d only just been transplanted yesterday. I go and spend more money on more feed and within a span of 2-3 weeks they were 3ft tall and ready for flipping.

Like I say in my opinion you’re doing nothing wrong even though I’m not a soil guy I don’t see fault. Maybe try a weaker strength soil and use up the nectar feed on something that requires the nutrients. Just my thoughts on it anyway bud do as ya will :+1::100:

3 Likes

@Explorer i think you’re absolutely right man so we know it’s the medium. I can fix it or toss it and start with a new medium.
Sorry if I’m coming off like I’m not listening to anyone i definitely am. And i agree 100% it’s the medium

I wanna see if i can fix it and see if my hunch is correct on this plant I’ve honestly haven’t let water sit or anything I’ve just kinda threw tap water in a bucket did my thing and watered or fed so could not letting the water sit have something to do with this ya know? I guess now my main focus isn’t about anything but getting this plant happy. Yeah kinda bummed about it but let’s make this into a learning experience

Now I’m not gna go out and start buying a bunch of shit they recommend maybe some samples but since i think it’s got something to do with microbes and me not letting my water sit and the chlorine evaporate i think I’m just killing my microbes

The other grows i had about 7 gallons of water on hand at all times rotating them. Having them sit for 2 weeks sometimes.

5 Likes

Allright. :blush: Time for Science! and no money!

If you do decide to bail on this soil, try an experiment if you can. Rinse any that’s been used & recombine with some native soil. Get it from an area that has an old large tree if you can but any healthy soil will be loaded with life. About 10% to 50%(if you have time time make separate ratios, i.e. a 10%, 25%, 50%).

Moisten & store out of sunlight for 6-10 weeks. When ready, try out some cheap vegetable/flower seeds or starts in your “repaired” grow medium.

I’d also recommend using a “drain layer” on the bottom of your pots(even fabric ones)-- put 1" of perlite, lava rock or clay balls and it helps keep the bottom of the soil from getting “boggy”.

I’ve read tomatos are a good test plant due to similar feeding appetites.

You can go forward using something else for cannabis while you wait for the microbes to work your dirt.

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

@cannabissequoia i got lots of time haha i don’t know much about this soil of than it’s sandy clay my first ever grow i tried to use some soil from the ground (i got lucky i didn’t infest my tent) i had some river rocks on the bottom it grew OK but exploded when i put in ocean forest haha then it was a male lol

Anyway! What exactly is this experiment going to tell me with nectar soil and if I’m killing my microbes…if i don’t see white fuzz after the 6 to 10 weeks I’m killing my microbes?

I’m down to try science i love science lol and free?!?! I’m in

I don’t wanna give up on this soil haha i did read that ppl mix this soil with other soil and lots of perlite which i knew it was going to be a problem with compact soil i think i said in an earlier post.

I’m ready to learn what I’m doing wrong or i May even learn that this soil isn’t for me i contacted NFTG and explained my situation hopefully the get back to me

After some thought I’m thinking my soil is just too compact I’ll have to get some perlite.

And since I’m trying out some compost teas i might as well get some dechlorinater 10 bucks for a bottle and it won’t hurt my plants so why not i know i said i wasn’t going to go out and buy a bunch of stuff lol but after reading back in some notes and conversations with @Beerus i might as well give it a shot.

2 Likes

I’ll get back to you on the soil ideas… Check “What’s you favorite living soil” or similar threads… My idea is there’s nothing wrong neceassrily with your mix, & that native microbes will balance it out…
“indigenous micro organisms”

2 Likes

Are there holes in the bottom of that cup? Just looks overwatered to me…

2 Likes

:thinking: ok hahaha

Here she is today lights have been on for a few hours

she’s not happy and the seedling may as well be dead

Has the over water droop and underwatered texture of paper she needs water but i think i should try transplanting with more perlite. With my most successful grow i used a 50/50 of FFOF and FFHF and added about 25% perlite because plain OF was too hot for my liking and i had hydrophobic compact soil so the perlite was added i didn’t like the fact that i was super worried about flushing and that i didn’t have to use much nutes with the basic 3 FF line i liked big bloom my plants always seemed to pray after
But i wanted to try organic the samples were the right price for shipping and now it’s a learning experience i may not get a big yield or a yield at all but I’m prepared for that. i got over 80 regular seeds i can experiment with

The what’s your favorite soil recipe thread is intense bahaha lots of knowledge I’ll look on more soil threads tho

3 Likes

@ReikoX yes sir should there be more?

3 Likes

No, that’s plenty. :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

:joy::joy: yeah and my other plant is experiencing the same thing @ReikoX i think compact soil but idk cuz it don’t seem to compact the sides squished super easy so yeah idk

1 Like

Talked to Scott ostrander the president of nectar for the gods and he suggested that my plant is starving didn’t say anything about The soil said to feed full strength nutes and my plant just looks starved so here we go. Lol

2 Likes

Well best of luck bro :+1:

2 Likes

@Explorer thanks for your time and advice man while i still think my soil needs more perlite i think there’s something more than just a starving plant but i mean hey i may as well try what the president of the company says.

Thing that stood out to me was how down to earth this dude was and he wasn’t a dick about it he coulda been like well you’re simply just starving your plants and leave it at that. Nah he asked me how much I’m watering what strength slurry numbers and said “let’s come up with a plan for you” And he did just that
Also adding that if i was giving full strength nutes right off the bat that i have actually conditioned that plant to take that nutrient load so by cutting back doing feed water feed water half strength as @cannabissequoia suggested that it’s craving more food and me not delivering is causing calcium deficiency and other deficiencies.

And added that growing one plant could be problematic if i were to get bugs that the bugs would have no choice but to eat my plant where as if i had 4 they would be attracted to the weakest link. Kinda a cool natural way to control bugs makes sense

3 Likes

Well it was nice for the top man to come forward and it’s worth a try to do as he says then if it gets better bonus if it dies maybe not such a bonus :laughing:

He’s sort of correct on the bugs but all bugs spread and repopulate quick in my experience so if you have bugs you will see them when you’re up close or just get a magnifying glass so you can zoom in :+1:

3 Likes

Cool enough. :thumbsup: :slight_smile:

Personally, I wanna be “off the bottle”. But I did get the NectarFTG sample pack & it worked well with peat/perlite, at both 1/2 & full strengths, and I never do/did foliar feeding. Ever. :blush: So that’s where my “experiment” idea comes from…(the avoidance of bottle-feeding), but it did work well & better than my homebrew mix(imagine that! :joy:).

Having multiple plants helps with more than pests/diseases too; You can use one for a clone mother, try comparison/side-by-side experiments(i.e. with 4 cloned plants you could try 4 feed strengths), etc.

Even non-cannabis would work as a pest decoy or trap. :thumbsup:

:v:

4 Likes