GrowHard and Stuff

The time has finally come for me to stop hijacking threads and just compile all my shenanigans in one place.

Like most members on here, I have a seed addiction. Only after admitting it did I figure out how to alleviate my desire to collect more seeds without going broke. Just make my own and see what happens.

I’m just going to start with whats going on now and move from there.

For flower I use 2 630 CMH with mixed bulbs along with an addition 4x48 T5 with a mix spectrum of bulbs to add additional UV. I have problems making a commitment to what medium to use. So it goes from living soil to deep water culture, all depends on my mood I guess.

Here we go?
-GH

43 Likes

Sounds like it could be a shit show! Awesome!

6 Likes

Looking forward to seeing the buds produced by the higher wattage CMH. When you say mixed bulbs, are you talking different kelvin or HPS too?

3 Likes

Yup.
I’ll pull up a couch for the show… :couch: :popcorn: :movie_camera:

I’d like to see a CMH grow, too.
Two 630CMH should cover a 4x8 area?
With the T5 down the middle?

3 Likes

Captains Cake x 3 in The Pink

I have a couple mid flower at the moment, and the are consistently impressive each time I grow them. Not sure what you know of 3 in The Pink, but its label is slightly misleading. The Captains Cake is an amazing cookies hybrid

The pink cookies cut that was used has 3 different names. And at the time of the breeding it was being passed around as Pink Cookies. It also goes by Triangle Mints 23, or more commonly, Wedding Cake now. And the male is of super OG lineage, making it this combo:

Wedding Cake x Triple OG ((Triangle Kush x (Orange Valley OG x The Cube)) x Master Yoda (OGK x Master Kush))

The final combo in this is
(Girl Scout Cookies x White Fire Alien) x (Wedding Cake x Triple OG)

Each grow has smelled like brownie batter and gas.

After some digging I found a couple photos, of the original male, before I stole his pollen and chopped him.

He grew into a nice Christmas tree shape with a less pronounced wrinkles, but still there.

I’m on my third time growing the (Captains Cake x 3 in The Pink) from seed, and each time they have impressed.

Only pic I could find of the first grow.

2nd time around. Another awesome plant.

Here is the above plant stripped.

Currently this is day 40 in flower on 2 different phenos.

few more weeks to go and it’ll be chop time.

More coming up
-GH

33 Likes

I use 3 x 3100K and one 4200K between the two lights. I wish there was a better reason for why other than one burned out and I was out of 4200K. Grabbed what I had laying around, and the plants just keep on keepin on.

I do not run the same strain over and over enough to try and measure an actual difference. But I can assure you, it still gets me High AF.

-GH

13 Likes

Glad you started the thread. Nice looking plants btw. Is it a 4x8? I have 3 x 315 @ 3100 in that size and could just imagine what over double would be like.

8 Likes

I’m not in a tent or closed environment. I’m in a tiny basement in an old house in Denver. The only reason it wouldn’t be called a crawl space is because you can almost stand up. From the floor to the bottom of the lights I would say is about 5’ 6" (1.67m). The area I set up for flower is about 6x6, and It does the job well.

I prefer the open environment because it keeps the smells down thanks to the increased air exchange. There is a a carbon filter but it is not overly necessary.

-GH

16 Likes

Nice. I only have from 4-5’ from the bottom of the lights to the sloped rock floor.

5 Likes

I m watching along. I have a seed addiction as well and please sign me up for the seeds lol

7 Likes

Captains cake is looking ridiculous. Nice one :v:

5 Likes

There is going to be plenty, and I’m going to need people to grow them. Sorry to feed you addiction sir.

I’m in the middle of the “production” phase right now. After that, Its selection time again. I’m not sure which I enjoy more.

-GH

11 Likes

No worries. Does sound like some fire though. I need a second lifetime or maybe a third one to run half the seeds I got over here. And you’ll see when you make your own seeds your catalog tripple hahaha every 100 you make is 10 great mothers you’ll be overthrowing in no time

5 Likes

I have a few females holding some immature seeds at the moment. There is a definitely a good chance for some amazing progeny. The male used was a Princess x Vortex from Brothers Grimm. Princess being the mother of Cindy 99 and Vortex is (apollo 13 and Space Queen).

The male was stout, thick stemmed with dense flower clusters and a sweet generic tropical fruit smell. All the fruits. He was quick to mature, and bulk up.

Then I killed him, and stole his pollen.

The pollen has been generously applied to Pre-98 Bubba and Chem 4 and to select branches of the female Princess x Vortex. I’ll get photos here soon.

-GH

18 Likes

Wow. Sure do know how to get my attention. I read seedfinder like a magazine. And and visit its site like social media. O.G is my only social media. But. With Those strains there you on to something

4 Likes

This was the Captains Cake mom. The supposed “breeders cut”, it came from Maine, good enough for me.

-GH

29 Likes

Nice bed of roses on that plant. Looks like fire.

3 Likes

@50State I believe has started a few of these crossed to Scotts OG by @vernal.

-GH

5 Likes

Nice selections GrowHard looking forward as well when you have seeds available. Sounds like there will be some knock out weed to be grown and smoked.

5 Likes

Hopefully there will be.

I’m not sure why, but I enjoy recreating hybrids that are no longer available in their F1 form. It feels to me like a chance to do your own hunt through the same genetics of select elite clones. If the base genetics are that superior, there has to be other variations, maybe better to find. And worst case it is normally superior to unknown seed hunts.

Next up I will be doing a recreation of Bio-Diesel. I’ll be using a Sensi-Star F3 male along with the AJ sour diesel clone.

Bio-Diesel is a personal favorite, and the pieces all finally lined up for me to make my own.

Waiting is the hardest part
-GH

25 Likes