Growing Mark’s Seeds

I’m creating this thread solely for the purpose of providing unbiased information on Mark aka CaliBest420 from strainly.
I purchased 100 seeds for 80$. He delivered first with a stamped envelope to return cash to him, although I used a proper padded envelope JIC.
I received 8 strains.
For this grow I chose his famous Blue Cookies, 60 day Blueberry, Purple Bubblegum ( 60 dayBlueberry x 60 day bubblegum) and his 105 day LA Confidential.
I put 5 of each strain into 8 oz of water with 1TBSP of H2O2. I got 19/20 tails. so almost 100% germination. All have been out into starter trays.
Let the fun Begin!

57 Likes

Signing on for this one. Mark seems like a stand up guy.

10 Likes

Definatly claiming a spot on the grass to watch this. I was speaking to Mark yesterday for half an hour and he is a real nice fellow with a good reputation.

13 Likes

I wish I had more time to pick his brain. We were definitely on the same wavelength during our 10 minute chat and it could’ve went on and on. Thanks for joining!

5 Likes

Good stuff here, wanna keep my eyes on this!

4 Likes

Everything I’ve heard about him is A-1. Thanks for joining

3 Likes

I wish more people did logs like these- I don’t know about the rest of you new growers but it’s daunting to try and find seed I can trust. Having a solid show of a breeders quality on a site I trust goes a long way for me.

6 Likes

Yeah, we chatted about all sorts of stuff. Man sure knows what he is doing. There will actually be a server fund auction in a week or so featuring a couple hundred of his seeds. Us Canadians don’t have the same access to him as the folks in the USA. Going to have some OG Cake, Bubba Kush, Sour Pineapple, 60 day Blueberry auto and Blue Cookies. This is really cool as I will be growing some of them come September so this will be a cool sneak peak into some of his stuff.

9 Likes

I’m excited to see what can be found in these packs. Hopefully I find some building blocks to keep around in these blueberry and bubblegums.
I’ll also be keeping an eye on that server fund auction

5 Likes

Just plant some 60 day bubblegum today. I plan on logging it too.

5 Likes

Tag me in it. Thanks for joining us!

4 Likes

Great idea for a thread!

8 Likes

I also purchased all of Mark’s auto’s. I have heard mixed things. Some say his auto’s are great. Some say they are not auto’s at all and still need to be flipped to 12/12. Time will tell. I am currently running the Blueberry Auto-60. Got it journaled here:

I also gave some of his Blueberry Auto-60, Purple Bubblegum Auto-75, Sour Pineapple Auto-105, and Sour Diesel x Lemon Skunk Auto-105 to 3 of my buddies IRL, so I will be able to check in on them, and as the deal for hooking them up with the seeds, keep the males or pollen if they want to keep the make plants, and pollenate 1 lower branch per plant (probably won’t do much more that 1 per strain per person).

I think this thread is great and will be both watching :eyes: and sharing my experiences with Mark’s gear.

-Dirtron

7 Likes

The “autos” are Exactly why I’m doing this. I bought these with the understanding that they were not your typical autos that flower on their own. But more like a “super auto” that finishes quicker than normal.
@misterbee and @monkeyman @BigMike55 and others have nothing but good to say so I jumped on the opportunity for cheap, quality seeds.
I will run them inside on an 18/6 light schedule for several weeks then see what happens.
Following your thread now and I think it’s great !

8 Likes

18:6 or 20:4 for 3 - 4 weeks, flip to 12:12, you should be golden. Do advise on progress. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes: NOTE: Bodhi List later today!!!

14 Likes

his snowryder is an auto 10to 12weeks others i had to flower got the gum and blue berry going now I was hoping they were autos I wonder do they just need to be taken further or are they not autos hmmm I would be willing to take them a generation or 2 further if thats what’s needed but idk I need more info lol following along

4 Likes

very cool - I will be interested to see your results

3 Likes

Yes. Exactly.
I’m hoping give a definitive review of the 60 day BG and BB as well. I’m also hoping to pop a few in the next month or so to throw outside and see how they do.
Doesn’t matter to me either way if they’re true autos, semi autos, super autos, I need something that finishes fast outside because we get lots of hot humid weather in August into September.
Thanks for joining us!

5 Likes

Will this be a grow diary? I would love to tag along

3 Likes

Definitely pulling up a seat for this one. Have a bunch of marks autos in dirt, so far the superfruit auto I started back in end of April has been doing decent. I’ll get a pic on a bit.

2 Likes