Hey all, I bring you some updates.
I'm not going to post any Durban pics tonight. They haven't changed much since the last set of pics and they are awkward to move, especially 75, the tall one. I'm patiently waiting for some amber to become prevalent under the microscope.
In the meantime, I have 4 (BC Mango x BC Night Nurse) x Diesel Moonshine (from @Kalgrae's pollen chuck give away, thru @Jellypowered and his compassion for a fellow grower that has been growing the same 2 strains for too long) reaching skyward.
One of the 2 older seeds (the ones that were "glued" together), 97 has become completely normal. The other, 96, had a defect of some sort and grew only 1 hand for each of the first couple of layers. The next looks like it will be that way as well. However, each new leaf that grows looks much healthier than the last. I believe it will be normal in a short while.
98 and 99 have been normal from the start. They are catching u[p on 97 quickly. 97 is starting its 3rd layer of hands, 98 & 99 are starting their 2nd layer of hands. My hopes for these 4 seeds it to have at least 1 female and at least one male. That is the same hope I have for each of the first grows I do.
My next couple of seeds are OG Kush (feminized) from brother @Sebring's collection.
One of them had a 10mm long tap root when I planted it. Here's what it looked like just 10 hours after planting it:
That one has been a little spindly. I added more coco to the top of the container to support the stalk and that seems to be all it needed for support. She is growing her first set of hands now. This one is giving me a real feeling of accomplishment.
101 is still working on growing. It was the seedling with the shorter tap root when germed. It's tap grew more slowly that its sister.
I painted a circle around the embryo/seedling so you can see it. I've been keeping moist and letting it almost dry out before feeding it. I am using the sprouted seed tea solution I gave them when they were on the paper towels. I keep using magnifiers to keep an eye on it. I'd think it was dead if I didn't. I can see small changes each day. Its tap root is out of sight enough that I can't see it so I don't know what its doing, but the cotyledon leaves are pulling free of their food supply. It seems to be very fragile, so I am not fussing with it. Hoping it will make it. If not, I still have one OG Kush female coming up and I am very good at cloning. Plus, I still have like 70 seeds left. If I got one out of 6 above ground, I see my chances of getting more from those seeds as pretty good.
For those of you interested on my reversing trial, I think it is successful. Naked eye, the buds look way off. Using a magnifier, beginning stamen are visible inside the female flowers and the pistils have stopped growing and are going away.
Here is a comparison photo of 84 (my lab rat) and 82 buds. 84 is the image on the left.
The top bud looks very strange. It'll be interesting to me to see the male buds become visible naked eye.
The last photo I'll leave you with is the pair of new LR x LD ladies. The first one looked great, I can't wait to see how they look growing seedless!
Good grows and good cheer everyone.