Growing With Mr.Sparkle : 2021

Really… i was refraining from even responding to that, not to clutter up this thread though you already know the answer as you have seen and posted on when i swapped them a whole 3 weeks ago.
So for you i’ll just say all 291 stages of plant growth :wink:

7 Likes

I did see that three weeks ago but I don’t keep that close of track and I feel like you always have grows at different stages going at the same time so wasn’t exactly sure, but yeah sorry if that was cluttering up this thread, didn’t mean to.

3 Likes

Day 58 on this, guess i could start thinking about giving it straight water to force it maybe i’ll start on the weekend.

Other side with a bit of age between them all, can see the new cut down prorogation tray which i’ll have some new seedlings starting to poke up by the end of today and all that will probably up by the weekend.

22 Likes

Day 61 gave it only water today also plucked some fan leaves, its time is near at least for me as i want the space back.

Dark spark side, the bit older plants looking a bit rougher as they ended up going somewhat dry by this morning, plan was to do some shuffling and get the auto waters setup this weekend though apparently it was past time to do so.

Also some new starts in the new propagation cells, plan was to select down to 8 out of them all, also to see how long they can go without too much issue, thought is maybe 10-14days absolute max which will really hold them back at that point though a repot at that stage may overcome the hold up once they know they have more room.

Something to play with anyways

22 Likes

9 Weeks from sprout on this one currently on water only and i expect it will be chopped sometime this week.

Hooked up the auto water’s and will reduce these by two i’m just giving the smaller ones some time first before selections.

Also the new seedlings are moving along currently they are over on the right cab which will probably end up being there home for awhile till i do some selections and shuffling.

23 Likes

So first off my wife is jelous of how much time I spend on your thread and your setup is inspiring. Sorry if should ask this somewhere else and cluttering up your clean thread of your clean space. My space is very similar in size. I have 2 t8 ac Infinity fans(believe same size as your t6s just have the cover plate for looks wise for me) but I rolled thru your 2020 thread and this one over past 3 days very informative with similarities to my size but shall in both where you mention building a carbon filter and having the AC infinity one I believe. To my question how did you build your own filter and is it recommended to build or buy one in your expierence? If already somewhere else can redirect and I’ll track it down.

5 Likes

Lol I’ve been noticing all the likes in the last bit, and my lady gets the same way if I spent “too much time” with the plants.

As for the filters my main chambers are using a single premade 6" can style filter between them that needs to be replaced as it’s time. The aux third chambers though is just a quick diy one not much different than what I used on my Ikea Besta cabinet or my PC cases or buckets of old, this one is even simpler as I made the outside shell out of cardboard instead of HVAC tin still has some filter foam and metal mesh for the carbon part which I still haven filled.

But a question I presume you ment your using the t8 airplates is my guess, just for clarification I’m using one of the t6 cloudline inlines for the main chambers, but to the question the can filters do work well so long as you have the room and would be my recommendation if you don’t though and or have different exhausting options like the airplates you typically have to make your own, usually they aren’t as effective but they sure beat having none at all.

Also get a grow thread going well so long as your comfortable with that great way to get going in this community.

5 Likes

To the grow thread starting one my next round due to having been giving two already started autos felt more right if had the chance to mess up from germ to flower lol

Yeah there the airplates to save little money next cab I’m looking at the inline AC infinity but originally I planned on just venting it straight out the window on this one. if smell became problem with old lady (no worries to neighbors being can’t see them) but I was told the fish tank filter charcoal is similar to what’s in a carbon filter. So thought about maybe getting a 4 to 6 in. piece of pvc or dryer vent and filling with the fish filter charcoal putting two caps attaching to back of my fan blowing out. Does that seem like close to a maybe helpful to the smell factor?

2 Likes

yeah that will help and aquarium carbon works, consider you will want and inch or two of carbon depth though the deeper the layer the more restricted the airflow is.

2 Likes

Thank you and thank you for teaching me leaf tempature matters.
Now back to drooling over your thread! Lol

2 Likes

Just give me a sec… while I fetch something to drink and some snacks to chomp along :cup_with_straw::pizza::popcorn::cake::pie::wink::grin:

3 Likes

Day 65 Gave it a flush after this pic normally i don’t like to as then the plant usually crashes trying to equalize its root zone was just that my run off was still in the 1.2-1.0ec range after a week of straight water so i just wanted to kick it a bit sooner so it will be done by the weekend which it will be regardless, as thats as much time as it gets.

Reduced the DarkSparks by two taking out two prominent green only plants, probably will reduce these by more than half still i’m just giving time to the littler ones to show which way they are going.

The seedlings pulled a couple of the rough laggards and plan to keep these in there cells at least this week still though due to there cell size im currently kinda playing a balancing game between what they need as far as feed and water as they dry out relatively quick so been trying to keep them hydrated to a point without overfeeding them which they are kinda on that range.

23 Likes

Day 68 on this DDxSBR some sections typically those that are more centred under the light are looking done or near done and other branches less so with still a lot of white pistils on some branches though im getting a bit of amber trichome coverage on the out extremity leaves.

So will probably start taking out some branches today either leaving the rest for a couple days or just chopping it all. For a hand watered once daily plant that spent 2/3rds of its life in the small overflow chamber im impressed at what its done.

Other side i thinned out some plants and the back left will probably be the one i’ll start spraying shortly, also would like to start considering transplanting the better of the little ones i was hoping they would be big enough where i could just pull them and their plug out in one go by their stem though they probably need another 3-4days before that’s feasible, may start on selections regardless.

Also that back tray just got finished planting new seeds this morning, put some in last night and filled the last couple cells with the seeds that popped over night, all those being PRxCD’s all the older plants are DarkSparks from the last gen

28 Likes

Very clean set up, bang on fabulous. Looking forward to following you and OverGrowing the planet together. :sunglasses: it’s the sparkly pots! I can’t stop looking at them.

3 Likes

Well that didn’t last long, so should be in the 90-100g range once dry possibly.

43 Likes

Pulling up a chair…looking good!

5 Likes

Culled down the older plants to the lone CS sprayed one, re-potted 7 of the smaller Darksparks, Have 27 PRxCD’s up though only 24 spots some were double planted as they had cracked and one of them i transplanted to a bigger pot as a gauge as it had some nice colouring going on as a seedling. Also just planted a bunch of sprouted C9D’s this morning which will most likely be folder to learn these germination trays, may need to get some more small pots.

21 Likes

2 days later, did a flush and recharge on the flowering plant runoff on it was very low pH wise and high EC, may need to do that on the transplanted little ones as partially reused soil so no idea what its currently comign out at.

Also some of the C9D’s started popping up this morning.

21 Likes

Holy Crap! I think you need a smokin’ buddy! Lemme know!

3 Likes

What a yield!! Excellent start to the year.

3 Likes