Growing with Mr.Sparkle : 2024

Figured i should finally get my 2024 thread started.

Introductions, Hi I’m Mr.Sparkle and welcome to my grow journal.

This year im gonna be away from home for a few 2-3 week spans so my growing will be a lot less than in the past just to coincide around not having to worry about plants when im away, so we will see how this thread runs.

So refresh for those that are new around here or people who haven’t seen my threads im typically an auto grower that likes to make my own crosses and just play in general.

Setup wise this will be alot of copy and paste from my last year thread with a few changes.

Currently i grow in 3 stealth cabinets as i built them to suit my space and my goals at the time and now they have been that way for years and the stealth aspect keeps things out of display not that i need to legality wise.

All cabinets are about 0.29sqm/3.1sqft a piece at 70cm/27.5" from floor to lights.

My lights have ranged over the years with alot of diy options currently all the cabs are running some Bridgelux 4000k F90’s in a 560mm length top cabinet has 8 strips connected to a xlg-150 and mounted on an aluminum panel , where as the lower cabs have 6 strips each running of xlg-100’s and i just recently went panel free with them and straight mounted the strips to the roof of each cabinet,

Ventilation all cabs are connected to a AC Infinity T6 which pulls through a 6" carbon filter the fan is set at either a 2 or 3 setting wise out of 10 which makes it very silent, routing the air draws underneath both lower cabs and up through the back of the floor then they exhaust through the upper third cab and into a filter box located above that third cab, all cabinets also have two 92mm PC fans mounted on the walls for circulation within the cabinets.

Open

Closed and stealth to a degree.

Control i run some simple and cheap 110v Sinotimers for the lights and just a regular plug in timer as a master controller for my watering pump timers, Watering wise i run some DIY auto waters composed of about $20 of parts those being standard irrigation drip manifold heads connected to some cut down irrigation risers that go into some 1/2" pvc end caps drilled to allow me to stick my little 12v water pumps on the bottom of, they are controlled by some cheap cycle timers.

My reservoirs are just some Ikea Uppsnofsad bins with holes cut in the lids to lower my pots to conserve on some space and allow them to bottom wick if the water level is high enough adding some extra capacity if im away for say a week to 10days. The main pots i use are just some 900ish ml dollarama pots with holes drilled in the bottom of, also have some 400ml ones for starts and some bigger ones ill be trying as well.

Media i use bagged coco and reuse it to a degree unless it gets to a solid root puck stage then it jsut fresher stuff. Nutrient choices range from Jacks, to Megacrop with me currently running levels and ratios like how Athena is run.

49 Likes

Ready for this years show :boom:

10 Likes

As for whats going on at this moment

Couple of plants that have been chopped back and sprayed with sts with pollen sacs forming. Those being Forum Stomper for the little one and Strawberry banana for the tall one.

Those above will pollinate their sister plants, which have been topped just the other day.

And i have some of my own auto mix plants going.

44 Likes

Always a pleasure to tag along and watch the show!

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Love me a good @Mr.Sparkle show. :v:

4 Likes

Putting on my PPEs and standing motionless in that far right corner of the “LAB”. I promise not to move, don’t wanna mess up a thing. Do your thing, “Professor”, ALL are eager to learn. Is “Notetaking” still permitted? Continued success, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Damn this is so fucking cool.

I love it very very nice @Mr.Sparkle its classy too. This is the Apple of growing. iGrow.

7 Likes

Found it. :+1::seedling:

12 Likes

Oooo this looks fun, I am one of those newer folks so I’m along for my first @Mr.Sparkle growlog :frog:

3 Likes

Always learning from you, I really enjoy your style… beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

Super clean set up

3 Likes

Oh man. I was just commenting to someone that maybe I just need to have even less clothes, so I could use one of those IKEA closet cabinets for a home for “keeper” moms. This is very inspirational :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Another year another thread!I’ll come along for the ride. You always got interesting stuff going on in your awesome set-up.

:peace_symbol:

1 Like

Little cabinet for Big Buds
Love your style
I’m watching :fire:

3 Likes

I’ve always admired your setup @Mr.Sparkle and the results you get with it! :+1: :+1:
Looking forward to watching this year’s story unfold.

-Grouchy :v: :green_heart:

4 Likes

It’s always nice to see your cabinets. They are so clean and efficient.

That’s a nice collection of golf discs.

1 Like

Yay another year of learning from @Mr.Sparkle !

Q: Are those disc golf discs all stacked and organized?

2 Likes

Always enjoy your grows! And the ingenuity! I really need to venture into making my own drip system like this. Very cool

2 Likes

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

and to @Pigeonman and @Uprangewilly , thats just the front row your seeing… there may be a problems as there is a second row plus my putter bag in my car and a stack of discs im gonna part with above all these cabs in the top left you may notice, its a little excessive.

And yeah there is some ocd sorting as they are organized into groups then manufacture, with same molds together and color after that if they can be, but are sorted down into putters, mids, overstable approach with a couple mids, understable fairways, stable fairways, overstable fairways, and distance drivers.

Really though the courses i play all i need is a midrange, with the occasional say 7-9speed fairway shot.

Actually trying to go through them all right now to reduce them down to just the “good ones”

8 Likes

Love to see it. Here’s hoping for 3gr/W!!

:green_heart:

:dove:

1 Like