Grundle’s Journal

Grundle here. As I said in my introduction I’ve been growing for thirty years. The last 14 have been serious and the last two have been full time. I still feel there’s a lot to learn and perfect. That said I have never kept a journal before. Personal notes and reminders but never a full on tracking. Figure better late then never. I will do my best to keep this relevant and up to date. Forgive me please if I drop the ball I am still not use to talking about this publicly and never in a million would be posting pictures. Here we go!!

To start, I flower in a 5x9 tent each side is a month apart. I veg, clone, pop seed and dry between two 4x4 tents. I’ve been struggling to keep the VPD in check. Since each side is in different stages of flower it’s never optimal. I’ve add two 2x4 tents, one to clone and pop seeds the other for drying and over flow. With the suggestion and advice of @Kami, a close friend, I’ve switched my 5x9 to the same flowering cycle and one of my 4x4 tents to the opposite month. Get that VPD!

At present I have been flowering Giant Skittlez from Barney’s for two years. Top three that I’ve grown. Recently, again from the suggestion’s and advice from @Kami, I’ve been popping seeds at a fast rate. Crescendo from a unknown breeder just went into flower. As well as Italian Cake from a local breeder and Acapulco Gold from Barney’s. On deck to follow…

Bodhi -rolling thunder

Ethos - Mac n’ Jack R1

Sin City - Gorilla Grip

Bigheadseeds - Crystal Gelato

Barney’s Farm - Strawberry Lemonade

Dinafem - Pre 98’ Bubba Kush

Humbolt - Blue Fire

Humbolt - Blue Dream

Bigheadseeds - purple punch

Fast Buds - Purple Lemonade

I flower under Electric Sky ES300’s. Veg under a HLG Cob, can’t remember the model, it’s old about 6 years. Kills it tho.
I use Promix CC HM. I pre charge and top dress with Roots Organic dry amendments. Full line minus two I think. Bat poop and ? Drawing a blank right now. I’ll check.
I water daily, 10% the pot size, and adjust if needed. I use Mammoth P, Photosynthesis Plus, Ful-Power, Re-Charge, and Roots Rain. Alternate some, daily others. I top dress once a week and follow the Roots schedule.
When cloning I use Azos and Mycos on the root base. Clonex gel for cuttings and Clonex solution in my cloner.

Well I thinks that’s it. If I think of something I’ll add it. Any questions I’ll answer when I can. I’ll do my best to be as active here as I am in my grow but no promises. Grow, Wife, Sleep. Food optional. Not really on the food. Thanks for reading all that lol.

Grundle

51 Likes

Pulling up a chair @MyLittleGrundle !

4 Likes

I wish my tent was so full currently! :joy: Definitely worth watching! @MyLittleGrundle hope you don’t mind if I tag along.

4 Likes

Of course. The more the merrier.

3 Likes

That’s a really nice setup. Looking forward to seeing how things progress!

Did you run any other stuff from Barney’s that you liked? I did one of their CBD autos, which was pretty nice for what it is. Very lemony and nice to mix with other stuff in edibles.

3 Likes

I grew Purple Afghan Kush years ago. Was a great strain. Horrible to clone but great bud. Thank you

3 Likes

Interesting indeed. I’m planning on running with the Mammoth as well. What are you’re personal experiences with it!?

2 Likes

Excellent growth. Thicker stems and better all around health. Started feeding with 1ml per gallon every watering and have gotten down to every third watering. It’s well worth the investment. Thanks

3 Likes

Looking good in here, I will be tagging along to watch the fun :+1:

3 Likes

Man, that is a hella nice setup there… That is what I want when I move and get a metal build… nice!

1 Like

Thank you to both of you.

3 Likes

Current state of things

Above picture is of the 5x9 tent. On the left is Giant Skittlez at end of week 7. On the right is three Blue Widow and 2 Crescendo. The widow are odd ones out. Not running that strain anymore. Not excited about the Crescendo any more either. I think I have two phenos tho. Ones tall and leggy the other short and stout. Like a tea pot. Lol.

Above tent is a 4x4 tent with 2 Italian Cake and 3 Acapulco Gold. Very excited about both strains. They have looked that good since day one. Thick stems and great growth.

Above tent is another 4x4 in Veg. This is filled with clones at present. All of above strains.

Above, my 2x4 drying/overflow tent. Filled with skittlez at present.

Finally my 2x4 clone/seed tent. Filled with more above mentioned strains.

I have just popped Bodhi - Rolling Thunder and Ethos Mac n’ Jack R1.

11 Likes

UPDATE

Planted the Rolling Thunder and Mac n’ Jack. 100% germination.

Moved all clones into the veg tent.

Lollipoped these lady’s and did a little LST. Looking good in there. Excited about those gals.

Stuck in trim town for the next couple days.

Reaping the benefits with this lovely white sand.

Enjoy the day my OG brothers!!!
Grundle

16 Likes

Looking :+1: from here

2 Likes

Looking good Grundel! :fire::sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

Thank you to both of you.

Pulled a dumbass move. Left the light on high for my newly germinated seeds. Hopefully I caught it early enough that there not toasted. A few popped their first little leaves. We shall see. Fingers crossed

2 Likes

Hey there OGers. Sorry haven’t posted anything in a while. Busy with the holidays. Here is some pics of how things been going.

This is Italian Cake (2)upfront. (3)in back are Acapulco Gold.

some close up’s of Cake and Golds.

The next two are Crescendo front left and Blue Widow behind. And one more Crescendo that’s not visible in back right.

Below is Skittlez. Coming down in a few days.

Below are my babies and 1 gallons ready for transplant.

I have another tent I have fresh transplants in. I’ll photo that tomorrow. Have two new strains(Rolling Thunder by Bohdi, Mac n Jack by Ethos) that have popped and are tiny babies as well.
On deck:
Toyz - member tester
Gorilla Grip 12regs - Sincity

11 Likes

@MyLittleGrundle looking great thanks for the updates with notes on the photos so we know which is which.

2 Likes

Yeah man I have the same air pots too!! Lol

2 Likes

Update!!!

Stage one complete. The 5x9 tent is now on the same schedule and my 4x4 is on the opposite.

Some close ups of the Crescendo and Italian Cake

Here are the Crescendo A’s that will be up-potted tomorrow. I’ll let them go about two weeks and flip.

Skittlez came down today and once dry I’ll snap a few shots for you all.

Happy New Year and grow on Garth!!!

So I’ve been calling the Italian Cake by the wrong name. SMH! It’s actually Italian Cookies. It’s Wedding Cake x Chocolate Fire Cookies. My bad, I’m a smokey.

8 Likes