Guess who's breeding?! This girl!

Another one popped up. Looking healthy an strong so far. I gently poked around in the soil an see others preparing to break soil :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Pretty Excited to see the offspring of (Tyrannibis Rex x Doc’s OG)

Fundamental laws of inheritance is a wonderful thing! :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Lucky for you that’s the seeds I have the most of! That pollen was potent lol I’m thinking that’s what a lot of the mixed seeds are

I tested a few more to see if they opened

These are the mixed

And these are the Trex x doc og. One didn’t open

8 Likes

Can’t wait to see what your cross looks like.

2 Likes

Got something weird going on with this one. The cotyledons are so long an the first set of leaves are curling down :thinking:

3 Likes

Soil looks over watered from here

2 Likes

I just spayed the soil before taking the picture. Currently I’m only spraying the top soil so I don’t drown it lol

Out of the recent seeds only one didn’t sprout an another I accidentally broke the roots off :flushed:. One stopped holding itself up an half the stem turned black maybe rotted? To mich water? Is that what damping off is?

The two I tested of the other two mixes never popped :slightly_frowning_face: I have such a few amount of them that I’m nervous to try more

3 Likes

So when testing growing these seeds what am I looking for, in terms of seedlings worth growing? Should I pick a couple of the healthiest of each? I can already see some that are healthier looking an vigorously growing. I have a few autos I’ll be harvesting sometime next week but I don’t think I’ll have room for them all

I also found a accidental seed growing lol must’ve fell off the mom. Speaking of the mom I definitely waited to long to try an reveg 🫤, the stems ended up bare an snapped easily

2 Likes

If you don’t have room for them all, then for sure pick the best ones.

2 Likes

With smaller numbers you’re looking to cull the obvious freaks and mutants but beyond that it’s a judgement call. Do you have a particularly tall plant? Is this something you want?

I usually want something with a nice structure because it’s the best I can do with a low plant count.

2 Likes

Heather,

I would think about what you are looking for?

Some things to consider:
I would grow them all in the solo’s or 1 gal until they show sex. No reason to start culling anything until you know which are male and which are female.

This could be a great time to learn a new technique (growing in Solo beer cups until sex is known) This also brings up another post on the OG which I encourage everyone to check out and or participate. Indoornesian’s second annual 16-18 oz. Cup Challenge! Members Only Gear! I mean it’s all for fun anyway… What’s the worst that could happen? Your plant dies and you loose… Big Deal all you lost is a small plant in a solo but I bet you would have learned something well worth the effort. It looks Like I just talked myself into it…beer|nullxnull

If you are limited on space what a better way to conserve space and maximize your plant count. Once your plants show sex you can up-pot them or cull if needed.

IMHO…Don’t get rid of your freaks and mutants. Freaks and mutants have been known to produce some great weed… Smoke blow up

Shit… I have a few mutants/freaks going now. One of the freaks started off so slow… but now that it is older it is showing amazing structure compared to the other phenos in the line. If it were not for freaks and mutants we would all be the same… Boring…! kar|nullxnull dance013 dance

After you have determined sex… You can cull any males you don’t want to keep. This will give you a better look at your players. hump By this time you should have a pretty good feel for the ones you want to keep.

Remember… Not so long ago you were having some issues with your plants in solo cups and now your solo game is good enough that you are having to reduce your plant count. I’d say the Solo Challenge would be a game changer for ya!

Either way whatever you decide just remember you started growing no so long ago and today you are growing seeds that you produced. You are dong so well you have to reduce plant count. I’d say that was a win in anyone’s book . headbanger

8 Likes

On the other hand, you could finish the cup grow and get about 7g’s or more of some knockout flower. Definitely not a waste of time or space.
Maddawg has a million points in that last post. Terrific advice throughout.

5 Likes

I would probably lable potency at the top of the list, an yeild next. I’m personally more of a indica girl so any that leaned more that way would be nice. Beyond that I have no idea lol

The babies are looking healthy!

7 Likes

The babies are currently 10 days old. I gave them their first water of veg fert today. They are doing so good, particularly the Tyrannibis Rex x doc og

8 Likes

I’m late to the show but happy to be here now

1 Like

Question, in my tent I have two regs that I should probably flower soon before they get to tall. If I leave the babies in there to flower, am I wrong in thinking it could help test them faster? Would it be suggested to move them to allow them to grow normally instead?

6 Likes

Is this a deficiency? Lacking nitrogen?

I repotted to give the them more room

5 Likes

These are the three strongest I choose to keep. Two unknown an one Trex x doc og. I have these seeds popping up everywhere :laughing: I have no clue where that one came from

No more aphids an they are recovering well from the deficiencies! I ended up playing chemistry to make my own nutrients. I’ve used it a few times an haven’t killed my plants yet lol. I fucked up by not taking note of my ratios 🫣 nor knowing if what I mixed cancels out anything else. Anyways I used crushed eggs shells I processed with vinegar, water from a banana peels that’s been soaking for weeks, Epsom salt an some molasses. I use 5ml per gallon x2 a week

5 Likes

Well I’m disappointed to say the babies appear to have inherited the trait of not forming trichomes. Two out of the three have nothing, the third has very few.

I keep being advised against it but I think I’m going to cull them. It makes more sense to me to get rid of them to give my strong plants more space an not waste the energy on something I know isn’t going to be great

I’m going to use the seeds as practices for different growing techniques and hopefully get to try breeding again in the future

They have been in flower since Dec 1

One of the two that’s formed a nothing

And comparison to the one that has a tiny amount

1 Like