Gumby's Playground

I have some fun looking genetics coming from people on here and I am excited to pop them. Im waiting until my room is complete to do so because this time I want to be ready. I will list only what I actually recieve as I’m not sure some are going to make it through customs just yet.

So far donated - 2 Northern Lights beans that are believed to be Royal Queen Seeds, a little bit older so not 100% that one will germ but some others from the pack have.

Soak for 24 hrs in water, then use the paper towel method. Should pop unless the seed is dead.

1 Like

I love NL so i really hope they POP! I’d love to make a nice cross to try and mix some of that NL goodneas with something special

But as some of you know more exciting,things to come, will list them when I get them :sunglasses:

i’ve heard of people successfully cloning by just leaving them in a glass of water on the window sill or somewhere and refilling it as it evaporates

2 Likes

Suggested Items:

A sharp sterilized razor.
Root tone if you want.

I will take good size cut. No less than 6" of plant material with no fewer than 3 total nodes.
Place a 45 degree cut roughly 1" below a node where all branches have been cut away.
Place the cut in Rock Wool block and place the block in drenched organic soil
leave the top of the block showing. Water the top of the block only until roots have formed

I like this method because as soon as the roots are ready to take nourishment, it is there and waiting.

Sometimes clones are light / heat sensitive, and a window sill is a great start. I have a 2’ x 2’ tent with very weak lighting that also works well.

Sometimes a clone will begin to fail. remove it from the block take another 45 degree cut and replace it. The cells at the very tip died too quickly.

3 Likes

@99PerCent Sounds easy enough, When I get some rock wool I am going to give this a shot.

@legalcanada how perfect! How could I mess up a glass of water… Hmmm let me count the ways :thinking:

I drop things at a ferocious rate these days and never tempt fate.

2 Likes

So happy to say that they just woke up from their first 12 hours of Darkness . They’re looking much better since the water and feed the leaves are starting to liven up a bit on all of them. Here’s the sour which stinks my cab up to high hell already…

I plan on doing a little LST to all, get these branches as even and spaced out as possible. After that I will decide if any defoliation is needed but hopefully not. Hopefully I get some nice budsicles off these plants - fingers crossed

I put my bitches through alot, I hope they still love me

@Grower13 about those coco chips, what brand do you recommend? Or since I’m new to it should I stay away from chips?

4 Likes

use some bondage on them… lasso the top of that sucker and pull it down even with the rest and tie it off to the side of the bucket or even the stalk of the plant… you can also top her and that will make the lowers try and become the main top for the plant…

2 Likes

At the shop doing a cleaning shift and well one thing led to ano decided to work on my micro cab for an upcoming contest on OG. Its 12"×12"×24"

Everything is recycled or salvaged, I will not be putting much $ into this, I HOPE.

For my light source I’m going with a 70w security light that I ran home to grab. This was new and never used and I’m assuming the Philips Bulb is intact.

I removed all inner components and still haven’t figured out where they’re going in this Micro.
I took the reflector off an old t8 shop light and cut it to size to fit right in.
I repurposed the aluminium reflector from the HPS, bent it into the housing for the ceramic socket.

4 Likes

Ok so I’m not bolting anything down just yet. Test fitting everything and trying to figure out placement of the igniter and ballast. I’m thinking if I lower the light 1/2" ill be able to tuck them in the empty cornern pockets of the reflector

Im all in as you can see… I really hope other people do some builds for the Micro challenge… Its going to be fun, and I know it will teach me to be a better gardener and all around better person cause MJ is love…

9 Likes

Stop it man, you’re going to make me want in on this challenge! I was going to take a break.

Seriously, it’s looking good man!

1 Like

Haha well glad to have you on the lines either way

Nice plants there. Seems they will love the new place imho

1 Like

Thanks, its for a grow challenge… We could use some more people to join in on the fun for sure - hint hint people

1 Like

Here is the wick cloner, its a DIY

Perlite in upper container, with fiberglass wicks from a tiki torch to bring the water up to the perlite.

I didn’t have healthy mothers, there are plenty of people who do get this method right.

3 Likes

So here is the SkY Walker OG before some lst.

How long before ill be able to tell if its a new defficiency or part of my past watering/feeding problems… This yellowing at the upper half has me crazy.

I want to be proactive but I don’t wanna hurt them… They’ve started to stretch which is crazy because I didn’t think after being in these little pots they would even think about it.

3 Likes

I’ve rooted in perlite before… but I’ve not seen a setup like that… cool dyi… bet it works good.

It hopefully will when I get My shit together… Did some bondage as you recommended to all the girls.

Sky walker OG all tied up. Wish i did this long ago. Left her cut up so she has some bandages. :imp:

When should I cut off lower growth sites. And what else should come off as far as little leaves and new shoots etc.?

2 Likes

I work to keep all my plants in veg under 2 ft tall… once they get big they’re not much use to me long as I’ve got rooted clones… I get clone rooted and trash the bigger ones… I don’t want my plants over 3 ft tall ever… I destroy way more plants than I flower… I always have clones rooting… much easier to keep 12 strains around in a smaller space by keeping the plants small… allows me to keep 12 strains going in veg in a 3x3 space.

2 Likes