Gumby's Playground

I’m glad You and OG were here, I don’t know why I didnt think of it. Ive seen space buckets before but didn’t think I could produce a decent amount of seeds out of it…
@Morgwar
How big does the mamma get?

1 Like

Usually 20 inches or so, and about that wide. A seeded female needs full nutes or a really fortified living soil, lots of trace elements.

Do the females go longer or should you harvest as you would to smoke it… Like will the mom keep making seeds until she can’t ie. death

1 Like

Its about the same time as waiting for flower. I wait a minimum of 5 weeks from seed set so they get the chance to mature, sometimes 6 weeks from when the male fully pops is all you need.
She will eventually die on her own and that would get you maximum return. But that depends on the strain. For some landrace sativa that’s 22 weeks!
I stick to 5 lol

1 Like

At skywalker OG. You need to adjust the pH level between 6,0-6,5 in soil and around 5,8 in coco i think. You can also try foliar application of magnesium in epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) in 3 % concentration. It´s necessary for the photosynthesis. Sometimes the too high pH level locks the Fe and Mg in the medium. Fe - young leaves yellowing, Mg - old leaves yellowing with necrotic blurs

3 Likes

Hey @looc thanks for elaborating… I will try a foliar spray, I used to spray them all once a week but stopped a while ago… Glad there’s OG

Look at this happy beautiful girl I forgot about…

Leaves are a bit serrated, maybe my temps or something… Time to transplant, but the roots came out of the cup… Do I cut it or try and cut the plastic away? Either way she is throwing hairs been in 12/12 with the others due to no separate area at the moment.

3 Likes

If the plastic is meaningless, cut it.

The roots have an odd green color. Not what I would expect. Plant would probably be OK without them, but might go into a brief period of shock after separation.

Keep us posted on this.

3 Likes

You could cut off the top portion of the cup at the base and transplant with the plastic. Roots won’t mind at all.

@99PerCent is right the roots look weird green, but I think that’s from air exposure and humidity? And the stress part too, but your new grow is “praying” so that’s good.

Are the cups sitting in a tray with gaps or spaces for drainage?

2 Likes

My weirdness wouldn’t allow me to bury the plastic, i would cut it out gently. The green algae or whatever i think is scary. Hopefully it will breakdown into food under the soil. Cool experiment!

1 Like

Looks like it has been sitting in water for too long.

My thoughts exactly. I don’t know, but it probably won’t survive being below soil.

1 Like

Yeah what happened is I had it in a drain cup and the water would just collect and be gone in a day, I get the same algae on my perlite and they didn’t mind it much that I could tell…

But yeah I wasn’t sure it would survive, but could be good food like you said so ill try and cut it out of the cup and see what happens. Hope it takes off, its in soil and looks healthy …

1 Like

I decided its going to be Chernobyl X C99 Time… Beans will be soaked first thing in the A.M. excited to see this cross… I’ve never seen either let alone smoke them so its something new on top of it.

Wifey gave me back the closet for germination and small Veg until room is ready. Only problem is I’m a few lights short… GrowPBLMS

1 Like

I might go so far as to rinse the root ball in PH balanced water, prior to planting.

Roger that 99, don’t want to bring anything funky into its new living space…

I have some DR. Earth Soil, if I add a small amount of manure will that be too hot?

Use your regular soil routine, just try to gently eliminate anything that is not root.

1 Like

A lil’ shit never hurt nothin’. :grin:

Good to know! I have another shop night tonight so I get to do a little more work on the Micro Cab on my breaks…

Ill post some progress pics, its actually quite cute :joy:

could also rinse in mild h2o2 solution but i think it’s just air exposure. the roots that were growing out of the top of my coco were greenish before i buried them in perlite. i wasn’t sure what it was at first i thought a branch fell in to the pot so i’m trying to rip it out before i realized it was a root :laughing:

2 Likes

So here are a few updates on the Micro Cab Build for the challenge. As you can see a good first coat of paint as well as caulked. Added a fan underneath the hps bulb, and wait what’s that, its a Peltier cooling plate… Figured it could help in summer months. Its getting cold so I doubt ill ever need it this challenge so the fan will stay but the plate will be unplugged

Will all this work to give me the enviorment I need, who knows but its all about fun and nugs with me

Oh and I pulled this out of a broken wine fridge, only bad is the thermostat is what stopped working so its unplugged and the plate stays on so maybe incorporate a timer if temps get high when the wife turns the heat up to 72 in the winter :smiling_imp:

2 Likes