Gumby's Playground

do it up man transplant into that. itll help. you can get alfalfa from outside if things still growing there.

Ill have to look alfalfa up, guessing not a lil rascalā€¦ organic gardening is so new to meā€¦ Trying to find something to transplant into and then I will let you all know how I made outā€¦

Also I have a leaf pile, never turned it or anything so Iā€™m not sure there is compost but I remember reading old leaves help tooā€¦ True or false

1 Like

big time. you can leave a leaf pile alone and itll do its thing without turning. how long has it been there for?

Iā€™d say 3+ years, I moved some around but didint see any ā€œcompostedā€ leavesā€¦ Also im in New England,if that helps give an idea of my temps for it etc

1 Like

dig down deep theres gotta be some!

Will do lotus, getting my shovel ready now

3 Likes

Well if you do get the lil rascal, grind to a paste (bones and all) and let it cook in the compost before use :joy: ok my fun for the day

Hope transplant goes well for ya @GumbyBuds :thumbsup:

1 Like

Tree roots are going to be into that pile of gold.

1 Like

You canā€™t always get what you want, but if ya try sometimes you might findā€¦you get what you need

So today pulling up to an account I saw multiple 400watt ballasts and reflectors from a security light upgrade next to the dumpster. I believe to be HPS.

Gonna need a little help from my friends here to find out if I can make these workā€¦

Ill post pics when im home

4 Likes

So hereā€™s a little sample of what I got and thereā€™s about 10 more of them sitting out of of the dumpster still should I try and go get them? I have 4 of each and a bunch of reflectors and am going to try and make a larger reflector for a 400 w to go in. Ill keep ya posted on that.

400w HPS magnetic ballast with the igniters. Found these capacitors but I have no idea what there for, not anything to do with these lights or are they?

Ill for sure need help rewiring these from you all, I want fire but not a fire :+1:

4 Likes

@Uncle_Al should be able to help you. I believe the capacitors are for startup, but Iā€™m an LED guy.

Iā€™m just not sure if the capacitors went to another lighting system as the entire building went led and picked the ignightors and grabbed the capacitors incase

I can help wire up ballasts, letā€™s see a pic of those reflectors.
There is a schematic diagram on the label of the one ballast. I am pretty sure there is one similar on the other ballast. If not on the ballast itself it will be attached to the housing . Find the diagrams and post up pics

3 Likes

Awesome! Your the Cool Uncle ehā€¦

Everything has been outside and is older, hopefully its still legibleā€¦

Pics to come
L8TR

As i look at it there are two different ballast sets there. I do not see enough capacitors of the proper size for either ballast.

2 Likes

You need either a 55uf or a 48 that number is already on the ballast . That corresponds to the number on the capacitor. We can only see the one is a 35uf so it wonā€™t work with either, there may not be a 55 or 48 there. I do see that the one ballast @55 shows that it uses a secondary start module, i think there are three or four in the box. My HPS use this starter. I do not see mogul base sockets, i do not see reflectors. The ā€œoutdoorā€ parts may have bases and reflectors. I might have some bases. I might have capacitors.

2 Likes

Damn wish I knew that before I grabbed it all, I may be able to go an get the rest soon and scroung for more partsā€¦

They had the ballasts and reflectors outside the dumpster and the 35yd dumpster was full of all kinds of the ignightors and capacitors and indidnt know what to grab. If I can make 1 light ill be halpy, so I hope I can make it workā€¦ Give me a few and ill post up a better pic of everything

2 Likes

What you have is the makings for a 400w HPS and a 430w HPS and maybe a couple extra starters

2 Likes

Hey that works for me, I was bummed on Friday when I realized a light just wasnā€™t in the christmas budget, so if I can make it work for cheap Iā€™m all for itā€¦ Pics when I get home

3 Likes

Well sorry I suckā€¦ But hereā€™s a quick update

Transplanted all in flow into bigger pots, so from a 1.8 L to 1.5 or so gallon smart pot.

Buds are forming but I got a ways to goā€¦
Bakers

Skywalker OG

Sour D - has the most intoxicating Lemon Scent!!! Favorite so farā€¦

Blueberry Snow

Hope the girls like their new homes. They arent looking too pretty now, really hoping I get better and betterā€¦

Oh and excuse the mess, I made cinnabuns while I worked haha the wife really hates me right now

11 Likes