** HAMBURGERS ** Thread

We have this panini press with a waffle attachment. We rarely use it but it works very well. Mostly for Cuban sandwiches and the like.

3 Likes

Didnā€™t have any hamburger buns so I had to make do with what I had in the houseā€¦it was zero below zero last weekā€¦this was the 2nd. time I had it and will be having more in the futureā€¦

1 Like

Last year for my birthday, i grilled these meatless patties. Of the three brands, I liked Awesome and my wife liked Beyond. Impossible has an almost sesame oil taste to it, kinda weird but still VERY good.

None of these will ever replace beef for me, but MAN, I gotta say the whole ā€œmeatlessā€ thing is light-years ahead of the old veggie-burgers which are just nuts & bark chips, lol!

9 Likes

I havenā€™t actually tried them yet, but from what Iā€™ve heard theyā€™re pretty much the same taste as real burgersā€¦ if so, I could definitely get behind them. All they need is to bring it up to scale to actually get the price down, since theyā€™re consistently double to triple the price of beef right now and offer no health benefits or anything else to differentiate them other than a warm fuzzy feeling about reducing methane emissions. :frowning: Not enough, imo.

3 Likes

My understanding is that the whole meatless industry already had its 15 mins of fame & respective stocks are dropping like stones.

23 ingredients will never replace one, or two where fat might be added. But honestly theyā€™re still quite delicious, fun to have once in a while, and Iā€™m starting to notice most places cook them like beef which is a no-no, it ruins them. Theyā€™re meant to mock ā€œmedium rareā€ meat & not be cooked well done.

4 Likes

Processed foods are extremely bad for your healthā€¦what is more processed than fake meat?
:grin:

8 Likes

Do it over a sheet tray, thereā€™ll be drippings going everywhere out of the waffle iron! I like where your heads at!

Maybe an old cast iron one instead of an electric one? Donā€™t want to start an electrical grease fire lol

2 Likes

To be fair, the market in general doesnā€™t know what itā€™s doing right now and is thoroughly confused by the Fed pumping the economy full of money, then cutting off support. People started buzzing about meatless burgers around the same time, so they became yet another bubble. In theory, they could continue on and turn into real businesses once things settle down. Still kinda doubt it because of the cost issue, but in theory it could happenā€¦ if it doesnā€™t, cā€™est la vie. Iā€™ll happily continue to eat dead cows.

3 Likes

Ok letā€™s see what this here bullshit is all about.

Not shilling for Omaha, just enjoying a Xmas gift :grin:

Updates post consumption. Thinking patty melt cuz thereā€™s Swiss in the fridge.

Hell I might even put one on a hotdog bun for shits and gigs. Iā€™m just that fucking wild man.

12 Likes

I apologize for the hold up

If youā€™ve never put Nutella on ice cream and put it back in the freezer for a few minutes you should

11 Likes

My sis sends a cooler full of their stuff every Christmas. Some stuff is pretty good! I got mine for this year already. I dig the tenderloins obviously!

1 Like

This was my 1st. Waffle Burgerā€¦

17 Likes

HOT DAMN FUCKING WINNING WITH TIGER-BLOOD OVERHERE!!!

5 Likes

Is that onions in your waffle mix? Iā€™ve never tried that yet.

3 Likes

I always have diced onions and jalapenos in my fridge all the time bromigosā€¦

10 Likes

Who has tried one of these bad boys? Definitely not diet friendly but soooooo good

13 Likes

Iā€™ve had this half a dozen times, one of my favorites, canā€™t remember what itā€™s calledā€¦ we just call it the ā€œDippy Burgerā€ from OJs. Dip it in the garlic gravy sauce, then in the deep fried onion bits

16 Likes

You gotta grill the donut too tho :clap:

2 Likes

i recently saw joel hanson or whatever his name is taking a burger challange and on of those was part of it. he said it was the best burger he had which made me wanting one.

3 Likes

Iā€™d make 'em with my bestie on Fridays after we both had really shitty weeks. Itā€™d be this + Dr Pepper and Earth Defence Force until we needed to pass out.

5 Likes