Happy summer Solstice

Good morning OG, we have made it to another Summer Solstice. The astrological first day of summer and the longest day of the year. It’s amazing to have made it to another one and to have all you OGers around to share it with. Make it the best one ever. Happy Summer Solstice everyone. :v:

42 Likes

Good morning!!! Doug d !!! Enjoy your summer :sunny:

6 Likes

I’m spending the day loading up my greenhouse. It’s finally warm enough over night (just) to get things rolling here at 52N.
Blessings to everyone’s summer gardens this year!!!

12 Likes

Happy summer solstice and full moon!!

8 Likes

I have pretty serious seasonal depression issues so I’m extra conscious of daylight hours, which has given me an affinity for solstices and equinoxes over the years.

Happy Summer Solstice!

5 Likes

Happy summer solstice everyone! :seedling::heart::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Happy summer solstice, folks! My morning view from central Missouri, or as I like to call this “children of the corn summer camp”.

8 Likes

summer_solstice

3 Likes

i thought it strange it was on the 20th this year as it’s usually the 21st. when i checked, i found out it’s the earliest solstice in 208 years, since 1796 i think was the date. thought i was right about the date. did not know about the early ones though.

4 Likes

images(18)

3 Likes

You at the cottage @DougDawson ?

I’m going tomorrow.

2 Likes

I am not, 8 more days and we get our first week up there. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

3 yrs. ago today we went camping here and the temperatures were perfect that week…today and the next couple of weeks it’s way to damn hot to enjoy yourself when it’s over 90 and humid…btw, the temps 3yrs. ago today was 66 and the low was 55 at nights…

Illinois Beach State Park
(847) 662-4811

Illinois Beach State Park - Google Search

6 Likes

Merry christ…,. er …Happy solstice everybody! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yep, happy Solstice to you too @DougDawson and everybody else at OG! It’s (mostly) all downhill from here!

:call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Thanks @DougDawson ! Our AC seems stable after months of fuckery, and although it’s still in the high 20’s upstairs it’s because of the high RH outside cancelling out the condensers ability to cool.

It’s raining so I totally Shawshanked the shit out that moment. I was gonna make a bonfire and jump over it as is :estonia: 'ian tradition but it’s now too wet so I’ll pack a massive bowl and jump over the bong after lighting it. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

2 Likes