HaRdRoC's 4 Plant Perpetual

The SLH clones are loving life, getting blown around in their mini hurricane, lol

6 Likes

The clones are now starting to take off, with better RH and temps

Day 35 of flower,

I will get some better pix tomorrow, as I’m going over to give them a good look over, and make sure everything’s all good. Damn blurple lights… can’t make out shit lol

10 Likes

One of the first ones I read also! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well… I’m gonna be honest, I am pretty fucking dissatisfied when I got to my partner’s house and seen this… week 5??

Yo, I’m not even gonna lie, my heart sank when I opened up the tent to see that…they are honestly 3 weeks behind what they should be.

Not his fault, his 1st grow and is only doing what he’s told, but not being there to actually know what’s going on with them day to day and that damn blurple light in the camera I got set up, is no good.

Told him, I’m ordering some Jack’s and getting a bale of promix and I’ll eat the cost of the Kryptonite.

I know I keep flip flopping on this soil but,seriously… 5 weeks?? Looks like the start of week 3 to me.

I’m grabbing that 450 Platinum led and trading that for the Spyder Farmer 2000 at my house, he can veg with that and I’ll run with the 450 in the 2x2

Clones are looking nice though, just topped a few and spread out a bit, right after this.

10 Likes

They do look under sized, for 5 weeks in flower, he probably is erring on the side of caution, alive and small is preferable to dead lol.

I would say low soil bacteria count, if they are not getting enough food, they look healthy otherwise.

I don’t trust water only bought soil, they are not trying to grow weed they are trying to make a profit. Unless you are going to test the soil before you start or add more of everything to make sure, you are dealing with an unknown quantity.

I think you said, that he was a bit stringent with the watering,which will slow them down. I hope he picks up the bottle nutes learning curve quickly.

5 Likes

Yes I explained to him it’s not feed every 4 to 5 days per say, it’s watching the plant to tell you what it needs.
I’m not mad at him by any means, just a bit disappointed to what I opened up to. Not his fault in the least little bit. I told him so.

4 Likes

And also yes I agree, living soil is not supposed to be under 45% moisture, or it can kill the beneficial bacteria, that you work so hard to get to, feed your plants. That’s pretty much the reason of living soil.

He’ll get the watering down within th next couple grows. But am done with this soil. It WILL be Jack’s and Hp promix.
Going with what I know from now on.

Have been top dressing this stuff AND giving Botanicares tea and bud candy for the microbes every week and STILL coming up short…
But is water only…so I’ll stick the “sucker” sticker to my forehead for a bit and am only gonna wait another 5 weeks and if they’re not done, they get tossed and next round begins.

4 Likes

Clones are growing like weeds

Flower girls are chugging along slowly

18 Likes

Day 42, another 4 to 5 weeks for these ladies

11 Likes

Here’s some pics from a better angle and with the glasses on,

1st is SLH,
She seems to be getting her fade on a bit early…

2nd is Planet Purple,

She’s farther along, but has a magnesium deficiency.

Just gonna let them both ride it out, as the P.P. should only have a couple weeks left?? Have to check my notes… and I’ll let the SLH fade out and cannibalize.
They’re both just getting tea and bud candy.

12 Likes

And next round is 2 SLH

Gonna reveg the Purple Planet and the Orange Goji for the round after the 2 SLH’s

10 Likes

So I got to thinking… this next run with the SLH, I’m gonna do a very light defoliation and see if that makes a difference.
This was the 1st time doing such a massive defoliation and it got me thinking that, that just might have been the reason for the stall out and not the soil… lol I really wanna believe this soil is good hahaha

6 Likes

Moved the camera to the middle of the tent and put the shades on it.
So now I can see the full tent, but it’s a bit far away.
I can zoom in with the phone, but won’t let me take a pic that way…win one way, loose another, lol.

Day 48 of flower.

Veg tent

Repoting the veg from the 3 gal air pots to 10 gal fabric, next weekend.

8 Likes

I used to never defoliate, but after starting it’s undeniably better…I’m still really conservative about it though.

I think if you’re going to take quite a bit off its best to do it over a few days to minimize stress to the plant. I usually just do a few leaves here and there per plant eventually they get where I want them.

Planet purple is looking really nice and mature for 48 days!

5 Likes

Yes, I agree, that’s what I usually do, but this time I stripped the poor girls naked lol.
The Planet Purple are supposed to be a 70 day strain as well…
I won’t be able to get over there till the weekend after this one, and give them a good looking over.

5 Likes

Looking good @HaRdRoC ! Glad they are looking much healthier now !

3 Likes

I’ve still not taken that leap of faith. Any guidelines? At what point during flowering do you defoliate? Do you select fan leaves based on certain criteria (like maybe they are shading budded branches below)? Any tips would be appreciated!

4 Likes

I usually wait until the most intense stretching is over, so maybe 5-10 days of flowering. I generally only take leaves that are blatantly blocking bud sites or air flow…like if a bunch of leaves are touching and creating a wind block I’ll thin that area out. On my medium sized plants that usually works out to a few leaves per plant per day, maybe 20 or so leaves total (4 plants) on days where I go ham on them haha

Again I’m pretty conservative about it I know lots of people who take off WAY more and seem to get good results too. My thinking is the plant wouldn’t make them if they didn’t have a purpose, they are energy centers after all!

8 Likes

I agree with you beacher, I do the same thing. The most important leaves to remove are the ones blocking the buds :wink: IMO. Just my two pennies

5 Likes

Well my partner had to up pot the veggers, they were drinking almost 2 gals a day, so into the 10 gals they went.

Glad to see the flower girls are starting to look like something. A few more weeks to go.

9 Likes