HaRdRoC's Bonsai Tree & Venus Fly Trap Grow

I thought it might be fun to log my Bonsai’s and Venus Fly Trap, that I got for Xmas from my baby.
I’ve always wanted to grow both, so this is pretty cool for me.

There are 4 different Bonsai’s, all look pretty cool, but my fav is the pink, VERY cool looking.

I had them in the fridge since Xmas and just sent half of each pack to soak as directed.

13 Likes

The Fly Trap.

It’s weird, the tell you to put the seeds ON TOP of the soil.
Also take 1 to 3 months to germinate.

10 Likes

Will be grown in a 2x2 with sils till they get big enough that they can take some possible abuse from the cat lol.
My intention is not really to Bonsai them but make some cool indoor trees.
I will probably make some lemon and orange trees as well

8 Likes

Glad to hear that, I think Bonsai making is torturing a tree, the Jacaranda is a really superb tree:

I suppose the warranty of the Venus tflyrap is two months , they will have something to eat if they take so long to germinate and are adult in summer, I have cows pretty near so I wouldn’t mind having three or four at home, they wouldn’t be hungry here! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Welp, Bonsai’s are planted and ready to germinate.

6 Likes

Just another 50 years or so to go :smirk:

4 Likes

I ordered some venus flytrap seeds from wish… they never showed up so I got a refund, 2 weeks later they showed up lol. I doubt they will be viable but I’m going to try… cant hurt to have an army of bug munchers hanging out with my plants

2 Likes

Do those really work? I bet if you finally get those seeds and give them nutes, those Venus fly traps might grow big and then it would be like the movie Little shop of horrors!

2 Likes

No clue yet lol… not holding my breath as they are from wish, definitely not a reputable seller

1 Like

Just did some research for you. United States seller 100 seeds and they are a crazy looking blue color. The reviews are great and for $3.00 with free shipping within a week.

Blue traps would look awesome in your grow room.

2 Likes

Well…this is what I’ve been up too…
Since I’ve had to shut down, I went and bought a BIGGER tent lol.
I grabbed a 2x4 and started growing veggies instead.

3 cherry tomatoes and 3 mini sweet bell peppers

3 Bush beans

1 cayenne pepper

3 of the 4 bonsai’s made it

And one of @Riekox DFAM fem auto’s.

In the 2x2 I’m growing a salad mix and spinach

6 Likes

Lookin good, it will be interesting to watch this

3 Likes

Thanks, I don’t know if I’ll post much, as if I start looking around at everyone’s grows, I’ll end up just saying fuck it and light this place up and end up getting kicked out of my place lol. I’ll drop in here and there

4 Likes

I am interested to see how these do as well, I was thinking of starting micro greens.

3 Likes

Will be interesting to see that tent in a couple of months , nice variety you’ve got there …

3 Likes

Youre not the only one with an indoor grow of something other then maryjane! I’m waiting for the right time so I’m using it for my vegetables til it warms up! Its still creation so it’s just as exciting to grow other plants.

6 Likes

You could try a fridge setup like I got… definitely not as exciting as a tent. But the smell is non existant and if you do autos you can kinda go perpetual

3 Likes

Interesting plants are always fun!

@grease_monkey a fridge setup you say? I shall have a look at your stuff if you posted about it.

1 Like

Here’s what’s growing on over here…the poor venus fly trap didn’t make it…I didn’t notice that it dried out. There was moisture on the dome, so I thought it was fine, it wasn’t. It was BONE DRY.

Tent,

Bonsai’s

Dark Devil x SBR, just starting to show pistils.

Do Si Dos 33 from Barney’s Farm

Mini sweet peppers

Cayenne pepper

Cherry tomatoes

4 Likes

Dang and i was just about to ask how do you clone a venus flytrap.

2 Likes