Has anyone tried a home THC test kit?

Has anybody tried an at home thc test kit to check potency? I looked into getting one before I took a sabbatical from growing. I think it would be very beneficial to small scale breeders and people that either don’t have access to labs or the funds to do so. I’m not sure if I can post the link so I’ll post both a screenshot of what I’m talking about and the link to it. Let me know if it’s not allowed and I’ll edit it out.

http://www.cannalyticssupply.com/product/40-50-thc-test-kit/

4 Likes

I know @Kvakos has some experiences with them… Maybe he’ll check in and shares his results…

Sure, go ahead and share the link… no problem! We are independent forum and encourage independent reviews!

2 Likes

Awesome thanks Joe. The link is below the pic.

1 Like

WOW! I m gonna have to get one of these!!! thanks

1 Like

Yeap, I have those tests, they are very usefull :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please share a review… Any pros / cons?

What about repeated tests of same specimen - do they differ?

2 Likes

yes please. also, can you really tell a difference in thc %?

I’m gonna break out the doh re mi

I tried to deal with someone at botanic university to do some GC tests, but unfortunately it fails :frowning:

I have no personal comparsion of accuracy between those tests HPLC,GC and TLC. But i get from TLC company their results, or results of some study

NONE of those test are really accurate. But you can get rough image of content

4 Likes

It depents…

Every piece of cannabis is different. So if you want do same test twice you have to you same piece of cannabis. Not bud from same plant, it can differ.

But i did some tests twice and the results was same.

PROS: you can do your analysis at home
CONS: it takes a while and some work to do it properly

i dont use fire to do “HOT” test and color spray. Instead i use laser thermometer and oven to decarboxylate cannabis and bath with color identificator.

4 Likes

I think my highly calibrated brain fart- o - meter is the most highly technologically advanced tester there is

3 Likes

Also the most easy to use with the least amount of scienterriffic double talk I have ever used. Just send me your testable samples I’ll tell you all you need to know

5 Likes

Lately i use these test to kvatify CBD. And i dont find so good brain fart o meter that can do that :smiley:

3 Likes

So what is the resulting accuracy? Percent or Permille of CBD?

2 Likes

Salutations,

Convenient home-testing for THC/CBD/CBN would be a blessing but i’m afraid on Canuck land it’s pesticides we now need to monitor very closely!!

In Québec Hydropothecary already established that myclobutanil’s detection threshold is below 0.01 ppm, hence i’m now expecting many more chemicals to add to the list as i figure some cultivators will search for synergies, banned pesticide or not…

Good day, have fun!!

3 Likes

I’ve done the Beam’s Test as described by Chimera to test for CBD at home. It only tests for the presences of CBD, not necessarily correlated to quantity.

2 Likes

My plan was to use five different buds from different locations on a single plant, then average them together to give me an idea of total plant as opposed to just tops or lowers

2 Likes

Just send me all five buds I let you know

2 Likes

Yes for the most part that is true but like I said mine is highly calibrated and mostly accurate… Lol

1 Like

There is also a device call myDx. Seems to work well. I’ve been looking at getting one.

2 Likes